PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside Stakes opening day at Del Mar

Producer
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Mr. Commons returns to the turf tomorrow in the 100k Oceanside Stakes on Del Mar's opening day. After a failed run at the triple crown races, he returns to where he belonged all along. His one run over the grass produced a very impressive msw win in his second start. This could be a horse to look out for in major grass races later on in the year and beyond.

Other horses of interest running are the Hollendorfer trained uncoupled entry of Fort Hastings and Chosen Miracle. They both run 1st time for Hollendorfer and have Rosario and Bajarano aboard. Also running is Proctor trained Extensive. He won a Fla bred stakes in April before running 3rd to Wilcox Inn at Arlington on May 28th. He will probably go off 2nd choice as the most likely to challenge Mr. Commons. He was a vet scratch, though, I believe on July 17th or 18th, so there is questions as to his form.

At low odds, I think Mr. Commons is going to be very tough to beat. I'm going to try and get some value in the exacta and trifecta by keying him on top of #5 Moments of Weakness and #7 Robbie's War. Both had comeback races that were better than they look on paper and figure to be healthy odds. #1 Akkadian adds blinkers for the 1st time and figures to be in the money. I like Mr. Commons over these 3.

toussaud
07-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Mr. Commons returns to the turf tomorrow in the 100k Oceanside Stakes on Del Mar's opening day. After a failed run at the triple crown races, he returns to where he belonged all along. His one run over the grass produced a very impressive msw win in his second start. This could be a horse to look out for in major grass races later on in the year and beyond.

Other horses of interest running are the Hollendorfer trained uncoupled entry of Fort Hastings and Chosen Miracle. They both run 1st time for Hollendorfer and have Rosario and Bajarano aboard. Also running is Proctor trained Extensive. He won a Fla bred stakes in April before running 3rd to Wilcox Inn at Arlington on May 28th. He will probably go off 2nd choice as the most likely to challenge Mr. Commons. He was a vet scratch, though, I believe on July 17th or 18th, so there is questions as to his form.

At low odds, I think Mr. Commons is going to be very tough to beat. I'm going to try and get some value in the exacta and trifecta by keying him on top of #5 Moments of Weakness and #7 Robbie's War. Both had comeback races that were better than they look on paper and figure to be healthy odds. #1 Akkadian adds blinkers for the 1st time and figures to be in the money. I like Mr. Commons over these 3.

Akkadian is really really good.

Edward DeVere
07-20-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm so old I remember when the Oceanside was split every year.

:o)

David-LV
07-20-2011, 03:18 AM
:4: Fort Hastings will be heard from, Jerry H. has this horse ready to fire off the bench. He is my pick to win it all. Good luck to everybody on opening day at DMR.

_________
David-LV

Producer
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
:4: Fort Hastings will be heard from, Jerry H. has this horse ready to fire off the bench. He is my pick to win it all. Good luck to everybody on opening day at DMR.

_________
David-LV

Looks like the public agrees with you. He's the solid second choice with 10 mtp.

andymays
07-20-2011, 09:12 PM

_________
David-LV

He got buried on the rail. Had no chance but I doubt he would have beaten the winner. I liked Fort Hastings as well.