PDA

View Full Version : Texas Democrat Hints Obama Disrespected Because He’s Black

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Good ol' Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas. Oh, how she provides such comic relief to me every now and then...from her "two Vietnams" (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20010824-503544.html) hilarity, to her visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in 2005, (Lee, then a member of the House Science Committee's space subcommittee), asked if the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag Neil Armstrong planted there in 1969...and now, we get this:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/07/texas-democrat-hints-obama-disrespected-during-debt-limit-negotiations-because-hes-black.html

“I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president…has received the kind of attacks and disagreements and inability to work,” Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, said. “Only this one. Read between the lines.” and this“I do not understand what I think is the maligning and maliciousness of this president. Why is he different?” the Texas Democrat asked. “In my community that is the question we raise. In the minority community that is a question being raised. Why is this president being treated so disrespectfully?” Apparently, while Ms. Lee was pondering the plights of both Vietnams and wondering where that flag on Mars went, she completely missed the eight years that George W. Bush served as president.

But then again, everyone knows that George W. Bush was treated with nothing but respect from his political adversaries across the aisle.... :lol: :lol: :bang: :bang:

Elkabong is from Texas. How does someone like this keep getting reelected? Is it something in the water down there?

cj's dad
07-18-2011, 10:04 AM
aC3sYWTsZw0

zNZczIgVXjg

Greyfox
07-18-2011, 11:52 AM
There is no question that she's playing the RACE CARD.
The economy goes into the shitter, the dollar falls, the unemployment level is high, no "shovel ready" jobs, ....and she wonders "Why this President?"
I ask you "Why this President?" :rolleyes:

Q0nbhijJCGY

BlueShoe
07-18-2011, 12:22 PM
How does someone like this keep getting reelected? Is it something in the water down there?
Think Texas is bad? Check out California some time and see the nitwits that we keep sending back over and over again. Just for starters, I give you Maxine Waters, D-35th district. To list all of Congresswoman Waters antics would take pages. Her conduct has been so radical that she is known nationwide, not just in her home state.

Tom
07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
You have to really wonder how some of these people ever got our of third grade.

Greyfox
07-18-2011, 12:56 PM

They reached age 15??

redshift1
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM

They could spell out

cj's dad
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
They could spell out

Another top flight contribution to the topic on hand.

Tom
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
They could spell out

D'oh!

redshift1
07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Another top flight contribution to the topic on hand.

See how easy it is to make a mistake

mostpost
07-18-2011, 02:04 PM
It is kind of scary that Shirley Jackson Lee thinks there are still two Viet Nams and that Neil Armstrong planted the American Flag on Mars. (Everyone knows that was John Carter.) And it is scary that Hank Johnson is worried about Guam tipping over.

But it is also scary that Steve King from Iowa thinks that the purpose of Planned Parenthood is to promote promiscuity. Or that he thinks that Barack Obama's middle name is a secret signal to Muslims. It is also scary that Sen. Inhofe thinks that Global Warming is a hoax. If he thinks at all.

Ms. Lee may have a few facts wrong, but she is correct on the disrespect shown to our current president. Bush was never called a terrorist sympathizer. No Democratic member of Congress shouted out "You lie" during one of his State of the Union addresses. No member of Congress walked out of a meeting with him.

Many Presidents have faced disagreement over policy, but I do not recall any president who has been so persistently accused of having a deliberate plan to undermine and destroy the country as this one has. The is only one reason for these accusations. The deep seated belief by some that he does not "belong"; that he is an interloper, not one of "us."

cj's dad
07-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Ms. Lee may have a few facts wrong, but she is correct on the disrespect shown to our current president. Bush was never called a terrorist sympathizer. No Democratic member of Congress shouted out "You lie" during one of his State of the Union addresses. No member of Congress walked out of a meeting with him.

His true identity uncovered.
xi-qUhGHm2A

Ocala Mike
07-18-2011, 02:45 PM
How does someone like this keep getting reelected? Is it something in the water down there?

Short and easy answer - Gerrymandering! Redistricting is supposed to be taking place based on the 2010 census, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any "robust" changes to the status quo.

Ocala Mike

GameTheory
07-18-2011, 03:21 PM
The is only one reason for these accusations. The deep seated belief by some that he does not "belong"; that he is an interloper, not one of "us."You keep saying that, but with what evidence? How can you make such an absolute statement like that?

Why can't it be about what he is actually doing? I mean, he *does* want to transform the nation to what he wants it to be and is trying to move us in unprecedented ways. He admits as much himself. So, he is quite plainly trying to destroy and undermine many aspects of our society. Some think it is good, some bad. But there is really no argument about what he is trying to do. I mean, are you seriously saying if a white guy were doing the same thing, he'd be respected by all? It's absurd, and you know it. Stop lying.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
No Democratic member of Congress shouted out "You lie" during one of his State of the Union addresses.Actually, we couldn't tell what they were shouting, since there were SO MANY OF THEM DISRESPECTING THE PRESIDENT DURING THE STATE OF THE UNION.

I guess it was because he was white... :lol:

RBxmEGG71PM

HUSKER55
07-18-2011, 04:33 PM
why not discuss the valid reasons for disagreeing with BO?

GameTheory
07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
why not discuss the valid reasons for disagreeing with BO?It is so much easier to just call you a name.

mostpost
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Actually, we couldn't tell what they were shouting, since there were SO MANY OF THEM DISRESPECTING THE PRESIDENT DURING THE STATE OF THE UNION.

I guess it was because he was white... :lol:

RBxmEGG71PM
You seriously use that clip as an example of Bush being disrespected. Probably because it is the best one you have. Murmurs of disagreement (and low murmurs at that) are not the same as shouts of "you lie."
In reality the Democratic members of Congress had more right to cry "You lie" than did Congressman Wilson. Bush said Social Security would be bankrupt in 2042. In fact it will be capable of paying 75% of benefits through the end of the century with no changes at all. Obama said that the health care law does not cover illegal immigrants and it does not.

ElKabong
07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Elkabong is from Texas. How does someone like this keep getting reelected? Is it something in the water down there?

She's an idiot. She's not the only race baiter Texas has, check out Eddie Bernice Johnson's youtubing sometime.

Sheila is from Houston, E.Bernice is from Dallas. They represent inner city districts, high crime areas with high unemployment figures & extremely high HS dropout rates. You know..., Democrats.

They both know how to rally their bases. Believe me, both of the individuals' districts will tell you we planted a flag on Mars since Lee said so.

Btw, Lee's husband is a Vice Chancellor at the Univ of Houston....That fine institution isn't commonly referred to "Cougar High" for nothing.

Boris
07-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Bush said Social Security would be bankrupt in 2042. In fact it will be capable of paying 75% of benefits through the end of the century with no changes at all.

Then why did this president say "I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it"?

We're good for 89 years, but then everything catches fire and burns to the ground in a couple weeks. Unless we go deeper in the hole. Then we're good for 89 years.

Here's a clue, the SS trust fund is a basket of IOU's. There's no cash there. If there was any real money there, we would just drop another IOU in the jar and keep spending.

Considering the assets in the SS trust consist mainly of paper from a government that's got no money, I think Bush was generous with 2042.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2011, 11:24 PM
You seriously use that clip as an example of Bush being disrespected.Yes, I seriously and most certainly do. Perhaps you watched the wrong clip by accident?

Not sure how you can draw any conclusion other than the obvious.

But I know, you must disagree with me no matter what. That's your shtick. Even when it flies in the face of common sense and in-your-face reality.

mostpost
07-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Yes, I seriously and most certainly do. Perhaps you watched the wrong clip by accident?

Not sure how you can draw any conclusion other than the obvious.

But I know, you must disagree with me no matter what. That's your shtick. Even when it flies in the face of common sense and in-your-face reality.
I watched the clip that was in your post. How could I watch the wrong clip? You think I'm some kind of Republican.

I disagree with you because you're not right. Be right and I'll agree.

PaceAdvantage
07-18-2011, 11:34 PM
I disagree with you because you're not right. Be right and I'll agree.How can you disagree with the fact that Bush was disrespected by Democrats during that SOTU speech? It's right there, in full color and sound.

There is nothing to disagree with.

NJ Stinks
07-19-2011, 12:15 AM
How can you disagree with the fact that Bush was disrespected by Democrats during that SOTU speech? It's right there, in full color and sound.

There is nothing to disagree with.

Did the Democrats vote against everything substantial GWB ever proposed?

Have the Republicans voted against everything substantial Obama ever proposed?

Answer those questions and you know who is the most disrespected.

mostpost
07-19-2011, 12:20 AM

They even voted against things they supported until he proposed them. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
07-19-2011, 01:15 AM
They even voted against things they supported until he proposed them. :rolleyes:Is that like voting for a bill so that we can find out what's in it?

newtothegame
07-19-2011, 03:34 AM
They even voted against things they supported until he proposed them. :rolleyes:
Kind of like voting against a debt limit increase...UNLESS you become president???

Ahhh ok...:lol:

newtothegame
07-19-2011, 03:35 AM

Obama hasnt proposed anything "substantial"......:bang:

lsbets
07-19-2011, 10:43 AM

So voting against someone's proposals is disrespecting them?

And disrespecting Obama is done because he is African American.

So if you vote against an Obama proposal you are racist.

Wow, you guys are brilliant. You've figured it all out.

Mike at A+
07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
The very simple way to disprove the allegation that people who oppose Obama's policies are "racists" is to note that most of these people support policies of other black politicians and even admire them for holding views that may be "unexpected" and/or damaging to their political careers.

dartman51
07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
The very simple way to disprove the allegation that people who oppose Obama's policies are "racists" is to note that most of these people support policies of other black politicians and even admire them for holding views that may be "unexpected" and/or damaging to their political careers.

You know they would never let something as insignificant as facts get in the way of their hatred of anything Republican.

Ocala Mike
07-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Some of my best friends are black.

:rolleyes:

Ocala Mike

Tom
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Same here, and they are a credit to their race~! :rolleyes:

Mike at A+
07-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Content of character (of which Obama has next to none).

toetoe
07-19-2011, 06:10 PM
aC3sYWTsZw0

zNZczIgVXjg

She's hot as balls, man. :jump:

Imagine Wanda Sykes, but ballooned to about Rosie O'Donnell's size. Come to Papa. :kiss:

<Vomiting break ...>

Okay, I'm back.

I still think the Hank Johnson thing is an overdose of medicine or some ministroke. I don't really read any of the "by any means necessary" hatred in his eyes. Good luck, Mr. Hank. :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
07-19-2011, 08:31 PM
just plain undereducated?

I love the look on the military guys face as he tries to keep from laughing at the absurdity of the response.

NJ Stinks
07-20-2011, 12:12 AM

So voting against someone's proposals is disrespecting them?

And disrespecting Obama is done because he is African American.

So if you vote against an Obama proposal you are racist.

Wow, you guys are brilliant. You've figured it all out.

You've got it brilliantly wrong. My point is simply that Obama is less respected than GWB was. (PA and Mostpost were discussing it when I spoke up.) Put another way, let me know when Republicans give Obama the benefit of the doubt.

I did not come even remotely close to saying it was because of race.

Tom
07-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Put another way, let me know when Republicans give Obama the benefit of the doubt.

Right up until the first time he opened his mouth! :lol:

Actually, I did for awhile early on - and posted as such here.
Obama deserves his total lack or respect - he earned it.

Mike at A+
07-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Put another way, let me know when Republicans give Obama the benefit of the doubt.
He'll get that when he loses the antagonistic rhetoric. The whole "fat cats" thing set employment back big time. The "millionaires and billionaires" thing is getting old. Perhaps he should address the politicians, cronies and union leaders becoming "millionaires and billionaires" on our tax dollars. And the race card which he's overplayed to the max. Republicans and conservatives like blacks as much as liberals and Democrats do - RESPONSIBLE blacks who have a work ethic and don't cry racism everytime something doesn't go their way.