PDA

View Full Version : Nick zit0...

toussaud
07-17-2011, 02:42 PM
has won 2 races this belmont meet.

he only won 1 race in last falls belmont meet and only 2 in last summers saratoga meet

when did he start having such horrible NY stats?

Spiderman
07-17-2011, 03:15 PM
has won 2 races this belmont meet.

he only won 1 race in last falls belmont meet and only 2 in last summers saratoga meet

when did he start having such horrible NY stats?

When he said that Dialed In was fit.

lamboguy
07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
he's just in a mini slump!

he certainly tried to re-write the book in my world with that dialed in for the kentucky derby. i don't think you will win to many races when you enter horses like that into races.

BIG49010
07-18-2011, 12:22 AM
He had a very good Gulfstream meeting, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a very good Saratoga. He is very streaky, he can win races in bunches, don't ask me how he does it. He has had some amazing runs at Keeneland over the years also.

classhandicapper
07-18-2011, 01:29 PM
he's just in a mini slump!

he certainly tried to re-write the book in my world with that dialed in for the kentucky derby. i don't think you will win to many races when you enter horses like that into races.

IMHO there's evidence that the reason Dialed In didn't develop after his first couple of starts is that he had physical issues. It appears Zito was so intent on getting him to the Derby and winning the Preakness bonus that he lightened up the training schedule and sent out a short horse that would otherwise be out of training.

The training schedule for Dialed In was not only unusual for a Derby, it was unusual for Zito and unusual for that horse compared to his early preparation when he looked like a high level prospect. Plus, a couple of clockers suggested he didn't look 100% in training, there were rumors of issues, and then as soon as the Preakness was over they put him on the shelf for the rest of the year. I don't know I am right, but I can add 1 + 1.