PDA

View Full Version : Calder 9th Race

skipaway100
07-17-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.formscore.com/free0717.pdf

Top Pick: #7 Sure Success (4-1 ML) is the only one who has consistantly run low 40s and looks like the value of the field if those odds hold.

Underlays: #1 Abdel's Ghost (3-1) and #9 Monroe Court (5/2) are contenders but the price is soft. Both figure to be challenging for the lead early based on the FormScore early pace figures. A 20-1 longshot, Tapis Magique also may keep that pace honest and force those two morning line favorites to go fast early.

Overlays: #5 Cover Price (10-1) has competitive figures here could have a say in the exotics, along with #8 Hellen's Choice (8-1). Either is capable of firing a 40 which is only a couple lengths off the best here.

Question Marks? I mentioned #6 Tapis Magique (20-1) as a pace contender, he otherwise looks too slow, 31-33 with a 38 top in last 10 races. Although it's very interesting, he got a trainer switch to an unknown Richard Woodson and has loads of early speed and Daniel Centeno has the mount. I'll be intersted to see how this one performs, although based on the speed figures, he can't be played here I don't think.

skipaway100
07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Sure Success has no value at 4/5 here.