PDA

View Full Version : Art Wilson on Del Mar

rwwupl
07-15-2011, 09:12 PM
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_18481801

Art interviews Tom Robbins,executive vice president for racing, Del Mar on the outlook for the new season.

I thought you might find this excerpt interesting...

Excerpt:

Robbins didn't want to guess on what type of effect the horse players' boycott of California racing has had on all-sources handle at Santa Anita and Hollywood Park this year.

"I can't come close to quantifying it, but it's had an effect," he said. "I think there are people out there that pay close attention to it with the social networking going on, where maybe 10 years ago it would have been difficult.

"Those folks have done a pretty good job at telling the story in terms of what tracks charge in terms of takeout. So I gotta believe it's had an effect."

rw

andymays
07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Robbins did a good job in the interview by just telling the truth. :ThmbUp:

Igeteven
07-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Del Mar is doing what ever it takes to go around the TOC to make it a very successful season.

However, they will take a huge hit on in state and outer state handle due to the regulations and the hold the TOC has over the tracks.

So what ever they do, good luck to them, a successful season on handle. Hell no.

Now Give me a break.

Again, when the top track officials has to guts to say no to the CHRB and the TOC, we are going to change for the better, improve horse racing, work with the customer or nothing will change.

Until the TOC goes down, nothing will change but the transportation we use and the clothes we ware

I am just sick and tired of the proper grander that the tracks are doing to BS the player, let the tracks put up or shut up.

jelly
07-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Speaking of TOC

Did anyone hear Ron Ellis on TVG before the first race?

Ron and Todd are comparing the upcoming pk 5 with other bets and Ron says "The player is getting a break on the takeout" like he's doing the player a favor. :lol:

Wasn't Ron and the TOC against this bet?

Live World Series of Poker on ESPN2 11pm eastern time

andymays
07-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Speaking of TOC

Did anyone hear Ron Ellis on TVG before the first race?

Ron and Todd are comparing the upcoming pk 5 with other bets and Ron says "The player is getting a break on the takeout" like he's doing the player a favor. :lol:

Wasn't Ron and the TOC against this bet?

Live World Series of Poker on ESPN2 11pm eastern time
Yes, they were against the bet and shook down Hollywood Park for a bigger cut of the take before they let them put it in.

iwearpurple
07-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Yes, they were against the bet and shook down Hollywood Park for a bigger cut of the take before they let them put it in.

Sounds like politicians to me. I was against it before I was for it.

anotherCAfan
07-16-2011, 12:38 PM
This morning, Roger Stein was talking about a petition sent to members of the TOC in an attempt to try to change the TOC somehow (maybe de-certify it?). Perhaps Andy or someone else here was listening more intently than I was.

andymays
07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
A Message from the CTHA Board of Directors
June 18, 2011

http://calhorsemen.org/

Igeteven
07-16-2011, 07:38 PM
This morning, Roger Stein was talking about a petition sent to members of the TOC in an attempt to try to change the TOC somehow (maybe de-certify it?). Perhaps Andy or someone else here was listening more intently than I was.

Stein misses a lot of stuff, half the time he doesn't know what he is talking about. If it wasn't Bettor Bob and John H, the dumb bell would flop on his ass.