PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound Racing

trying2win
11-13-2003, 04:41 AM
--I've noticed there are a few websites where you can watch free live video of greyhound races.

-- I see too, that if a person is interested in betting on the greyhounds, that there are sites that take bets on these kind of races.

--Kind of different to watch. Greyhounds galloping around a small track chasing a mechanical rabbit. No jockey or driver to influence the outcome of a race. Overall, didn't find it too exciting though, so I wouldn't be interested in betting on them. Although we've probably all known people that like to gamble so much, that they'd bet on a bunch of ants running around a minature racetrack!

--Obviously some people are playing the "dogs"...and I'm not talking about the cheap claimers at a place like Mountaineer Park. Anybody play the greyhounds? Are some of these dogs consistent in their performance? How big are some of the daily mutuel handles at these greyhound tracks? I'm just curious.

Thanks,

Trying2win

Figman
11-13-2003, 07:59 AM
My thoroughbred simulcast site is a greyhound track. I've been a thoroughbred guy forever. My "better half" likes greyhound racing but doesn't like to handicap like I do.

She uses a "self-tuning"program for the greyhounds called "Quick Dog", looks at her contenders in the post parade for some type of body language involving the dog being inquisitive, and consistently makes a few(and I mean a few as she is a show bettor) bucks nearly every time we make a visit to the track. But I'm going to keep your message from her, as she doesn't realize that there is live greyhound racing available on the 'Net. http://tinyurl.com/uuaq

trying2win
11-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Figman,

Thanks for the link. Only problem is, it doesn't work. All I get when I click on it, is a stalled hourglass figure on my computer screen! Are you sure you typed out the right link?

Thanks,

Trying2win

Figman
11-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Try this one:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=quickdog

But don't go to the dogs....stick with the horses and PA's forum that is #1 in its field.

trying2win
11-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Figman,

--Okay, that link works.

--Yup, I won't be going to the dogs. I have enough fun playing the thoroughbred and the harness races.

--I concur with your opinion about PA's forum.

Thanks,

Trying2win