PDA

View Full Version : Another strange show wager

showbet
07-14-2011, 09:21 PM
In tonight's 12th race at Hoosier Park, the longest shot in the field had $48 bet on it to win; it closed at 45-1. $4032 was wagered on this horse to show, out of a total pool of $6460.

The 3-5 favored entry in the race finished 2nd and 3rd and paid $8.00 to show.

This looks similar to what took place in the 3rd race at River Downs on July 1st (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84840).

lamboguy
07-14-2011, 09:26 PM
In tonight's 12th race at Hoosier Park, the longest shot in the field had $48 bet on it to win; it closed at 45-1. $4032 was wagered on this horse to show, out of a total pool of $6460.

The 3-5 favored entry in the race finished 2nd and 3rd and paid $8.00 to show.

This looks similar to what took place in the 3rd race at River Downs on July 1st (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84840).i would love to bet dollars to donuts that this is the work of the "GREAT GAMBINI". he strikes again as he has been doing this the past 30 years.

horses4courses
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
i would love to bet dollars to donuts that this is the work of the "GREAT GAMBINI". he strikes again as he has been doing this the past 30 years.

Hmmmm...is the GG getting action at track odds somewhere, and influencing the odds himself via the pari-mutuel?

That's not a gig you could get to last very long...........

lamboguy
07-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm...is the GG getting action at track odds somewhere, and influencing the odds himself via the pari-mutuel?

That's not a gig you could get to last very long...........i haven't spoken to him in years, but he used to wreck race books in vegas years ago.

this same guy had been doing show pools in saratoga harness about a year ago and i haven't seen them lately there.

Robert Goren
07-14-2011, 09:58 PM
The winner had more money bet on it to show than the 3/5 entry. Hummm!

horses4courses
07-14-2011, 10:33 PM
i haven't spoken to him in years, but he used to wreck race books in vegas years ago.

this same guy had been doing show pools in saratoga harness about a year ago and i haven't seen them lately there.

Times are much tighter than back then in NV books.
Thanks to guys like your friend, the Great Gambini...... :)
Very little non-pari-mutuel wagering compared to years ago, and those that do book a bet themselves, won't risk anything.