PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Chartget & Equibase site??

MikeH
11-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Is anyone else having problems using Andy's chartget to download tonight? I can get the programs from TSN fine, and I'm able to download one at a time somtimes, but mostly I'm getting a message that says: "Fatal runtime error - your program has run out of memory." I've already rebooted... same answer...

BTW, Andy... thaks for the programs. They work great! (Except for tonight...):)

Buddha
11-13-2003, 01:57 AM
i had that happen getting some rinky dink track earlier today. i just skipped that one track, and got the other ones one at a time. check to see if it happens on the same track each time.

GameTheory
11-13-2003, 04:20 AM
The first thing to do when something like that happens is fire up your browser, go to Equibase.com, and see if it is working on their end.

This evening, you will find that they are not working very well over there -- it keeps giving an "Error Occured While Processing Request" in the middle of the chart (but not always in the same place).

So it ought to work fine once they get their servers working properly again...

wes
11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
You may need to run a hard disk cleanup program. Programs like
XP SMOKER or CYBER SCRUB. Both do a good job.
You can get a free ride for a few days on both programs.
If will speed up you computer and free up a lot of disk space.

wes

GameTheory
11-13-2003, 11:38 AM
It has nothing to do with your computer. That is a strange error to get, but everyone else is getting the same one. The problem is on Equibase's end...

diablogger
11-13-2003, 02:16 PM
I got the same error:

"Fatal run-time error:
Your program has run out of memory.
One moment please..."

For these tracks from 11/6 to 11/8:

11/06/2003:

DED HOO PEN HOU

11/07/2003:

BEU CD DED HAW HOO LS LA LAD MNR HOU WO

11/08/2003:

BEU BRD CRC CT CD DED HAW HOO LS MED MNR PEN PHA PM HOU SA

The error is not always replicable, though. Some files generate the error one minute, then the next minute they download successfully. Other files seem to generate the error consistently.

GameTheory
11-13-2003, 03:41 PM
I told them about the problem -- hopefully they'll fix it soon...

pmd62ndst
11-13-2003, 05:16 PM
I wrote my own app that downloads and parses from Equibase and I noticed problem yesterday and today.

Upon investigation, it appears Equibase needs a 4 digit year in their URL string. Look at this example:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbChartResultsDisplay.cfm?TRK=AQU&CY=USA&DATE=11/11/2003&STYLE=EQB

The querystring variable for DATE is 11/11/2003. In the past, it's always been a two digit year and I wrote my app to emulate that.

Don't know if ChartGet downloads charts but if so, or for your other homemade parsers, something to check out.

PMD

BillW
11-13-2003, 05:38 PM
I got tired of Bris changing their URLs and now just grab the front page and parse the URL's from there. This will work until they change their front page format :)

BTW there has been a noticeable delay for the last few bytes of a file to trickle in. 99% of the chart comes down fine then a (sometimes) 10 - 15 second deadtime for the file to complete and the next one begin.

Bill

MikeH
11-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Mine is working now... (Thursday afternoon). I was able to download Pen, CT, Ded, Haw, and Hou.

Andy, again --- many thanks for the program. It's well written, and... it's more "user friendly" than you give yourself credit for.

Of course, if I remove the "r" from "friendly" we have "user fiendly", which, although apparently is not in Webster's, is a more appropriate word for most software... :)

GameTheory
11-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Equibase apparently wasn't aware of the problem until I told them about it. Seems to be ok now? I just downloaded several days worth and no troubles.

Regarding 2-digit dates -- my program has always used 4 digit dates, indicating that they've been like that for at least a couple years now or I wouldn't have written it that way. Maybe it previously would work either way?

Rferguson
11-14-2003, 06:49 PM
I don't know about Equibase, but I haven't being able to reach anybody at this site for the last 3 days. Anybody have a number or any other info about chorse.com,
Thanks
Ron