PDA

View Full Version : 7/14 - Calder 4th Race

skipaway100
07-14-2011, 06:07 AM
www.formscore.com/free0714.pdf (http://www.formscore.com/free0714.pdf)

#1 Midnight Thunder - Ran some upper 30's over the winter, but since arriving in Donna Green's barn, hasn't done much at all (24-28). Pass

#2 Black Gabriel - Has some very competitive numbers last fall here (34-43) before hitting the long layoff. This will be his 3rd off the layoff with some improvement in his last. Solid connections, I give him a decent chance of getting back into the low-mid 30s area. Also getting weight from some of the others will help.

#3 Jilluke - 30 best sprint this year, too slow.

#4 Alyson's Apple - 32 top followed by long layoff into here. Pass

#5 Kidstrong Fever - Was running low 30s this spring, then a switch from A to D barn sent this one's form to the pits. Pass.

#6 Under Contract - 29 top, too slow

#7 Little Winged - 34-36-36 last 3, very competitive here. Has loads of early pace (44-38-42-44) last 4 races, well clear of the rest of the field. Figures to have a chance to get away from the field early.

#8 Aircraft Intercept - Would outclass this bunch last year (consistant 37-40 all last fall), but something went amiss and went off the shelf, returned to Thistledown to run a 20. Should run better today, but can he get back to those high 30's this quick? Very hard read here.

#9 Brown Dirt Cowboy - A 35 last time out would be the best of his last 10, which is a negative sign for today on short rest IMO. A regression back to around 30 is more than likely.

#10 Woodland - 34 this year is not far off but the regressive pattern is uninspiring and a big lack of early speed (12-13-3 last 3), will leave this one trying to rally wide from the back.

#11 Coco Top - A new 33 top, but a nice forging pattern in his 3 year old campaign here and he might be eligible for more improvement. He does have the 2nd best early speed and figures to clear some of the slower horses to his inside. Possibly getting first jump on Little Winged? I think he has a shot and 8-1 isn't horrible.

Main Contenders:

#7 Little Winged (3-1 ML) is a major contender here and if I can get anywhere near that morning line, i'm jumping all over him with win bets.

#2 Black Gabriel (10-1 ML) has shown his early speed in his last race (35) from last year's early speed that helped earn him 34-43 FormScore figures. He's getting weight and rounding into form and may end up the top value of the field if Little Winged gets hammered at the window.

#11 Coco Top (8-1 ML) has the early speed to get position from that outside post and as a 3 year old is eligible to make a forward move here which makes him very competitive

#8 Aircraft Intercept (4-1 ML) is not an impossible one to hit the board if you are looking for another in the exotics. His 2010 form was spectacular next to the these.

Good luck,
Rick

ldiatone
07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
"coco top would not be denied" 6-1

Pcon04
07-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice hit

those figs work !! I looked at a FREE day but to print it out was 79

pages.I didn't have a racing form next to me so I didn't Play.Looking

back wish I did.

GL
Pcon

skipaway100
07-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Yea, not shabby there. With Black Gabriel scratching Coco Top would become the big value play here. $74 exacta.

Pcon4, Those Quick Sheets are just single pages with all the figures from the past year on it. Very easy to print and go to the track with.