PDA

View Full Version : ASPX files

TJDave
07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Is there a program which will open them independently of the web site where they are displayed?

Is there a way to convert them to PDF files?

I would like to then upload them to my Kindle.

wilderness
07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Is there a program which will open them independently of the web site where they are displayed?

"save as html"

"Print to PDF"

GameTheory
07-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Such files are scripts -- the output you see isn't the content of the file itself, it is generated by running the file as a program. Some are more or less "static" and the result is the same as any plain .html file, others might require certain variables to be set to generate the appropriate output and you may have trouble saving those as you see them displayed in your browser. You will never have access to the script itself (and the database the is usually behind it) -- if you do that site has a serious security problem.

TJDave
07-13-2011, 06:45 PM
You will never have access to the script itself (and the database the is usually behind it) -- if you do that site has a serious security problem.

Yeah, but the file produces a GIF, JEPG, or something like it. Can't I save that and convert it?

GameTheory
07-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah, but the file produces a GIF, JEPG, or something like it. Can't I save that and convert it?I don't know, can you? If they are not trying to stop you, yes probably easily, just try to save it from your browser and see. Can't really say without knowing exactly what you are talking about. If it is displayed in your browser, there is always a way to save it one way or another.

bigmack
07-13-2011, 07:56 PM

ASPX to PDF: http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article977-pdf-generator-in-net--dynamically-generate-pdf-in-aspnet-.aspx

PDF to Mobi for Kindle:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/downloadSoft/ProductDetailsCreator.asp