PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Thanks Us.

KingChas
07-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Got this in an E-mail.Off topic not my bag but had to post.

Open Letter From Michelle Obama

This came in over the transom so the author is unknown. If it’s yours and you want credit and a link, let me know.

Dear Fellow Americans:

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country. I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242 thousand dollars plus additional expenses for my vacation in Spain. My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven’t lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family. Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times.

Air Force 2 only used 47,500 gallons of jet fuel for this trip and carbon emissions were a mere 1,031 tons of CO2. It costs only $11,500 per hour to operate Air Force 2 and each additional plane for the other members of our party group. These are only rough estimates, but they are close (who’s counting?). That’s quite a carbon footprint as my good friend Al Gore would say, so we must ask the American citizens to drive smaller, more fuel efficient cars and drive less too, so we can lessen our combined carbon footprint.

I know times are hard and millions of you are struggling to put food on the table and trying to make ends meet. I do appreciate your sacrifice and do hope you find work soon. I was really exhausted after Barack took our family on a luxury vacation in Maine a few weeks ago. I just had to get away for a few days. Will write more from Martha’s Vineyard where we will spend our sixth vacation this year with more of our family and friends.

Cordially,

Michelle Obama

toetoe
07-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Dear First Lady,

Please take all you want, but stifle yourself. The bully pulpit is now closed. :)

sonnyp
07-13-2011, 01:08 AM
this kind of stuff is really sickening and should be taken by every hard working, struggling person in this country as a heartless, brutal slap in the face and one which should not be forgotten come election day.

it's this same attitude by her husband and his party in their approach to spending tax payers dollars which perpetrates this fraud.

between this group of "royals" and their visiting english counterparts living the grand life at the expense of their "subjects" makes me want to vomit.

bigmack
07-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Seem like nice 'nuff folk to me but I don't want no trouble.

Come '12, pack-up and get out.

Dint work. Good luck & good selling.

http://www.barack-obama-photos.com/Michelle-Obama-Princeton.jpg

KingChas
07-13-2011, 01:25 AM
As i said off topic is not my bag.

I work for a large corporation,5 minutes from my home for a decent buck.
After laying off 500 people I am now doing the work of 4 of those.
Lost my desk job.....they just wanted to get me in shape 50yr old +. :D
High ranking seniority............... :D
I go into work now and they tell me "You are working 12 hours today,no notice,no choices.
Soon it will be Sat's and Sun's too.
So when they nail me with the manditory overtime and taxes, I am sure the Obamas can have at least another 6 vacations this year.
Of course I am told every time I bitch..........At least you have a Job. ;)

KingChas
07-13-2011, 01:47 AM
PS; cant wait for BO to tank my 401K.
Took me years to build.

Tom
07-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Good thing her worthless husband is stopping SS checks but not her spending. What is the Obama's shared sacrifice again?

Robert Goren
07-13-2011, 09:17 AM
PS; cant wait for BO to tank my 401K.
Took me years to build. You mean you still have one. The market crash took most of them out.

PhantomOnTour
07-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Another lame thread about the Obama's.
Yeah, let's write a letter and pretend we are the first lady....

elysiantraveller
07-13-2011, 10:51 AM
You mean you still have one. The market crash took most of them out.

Only if you pulled out. Most of my clients who stayed put are back at the pre-2008 crash levels.

Tom
07-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Another lame thread about the Obama's.
Yeah, let's write a letter and pretend we are the first lady....

Not lame at all - why is she using AF1 when her dirt bag hubby is attacking others for using their jets for legitimate travel? And after that 1700 calorie burger blast she just had, that fat arse of hers is using even more fuel.

PhantomOnTour
07-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Not lame at all - why is she using AF1 when her dirt bag hubby is attacking others for using their jets for legitimate travel? And after that 1700 calorie burger blast she just had, that fat arse of hers is using even more fuel.
Thanks for making my point Tommy Malice.
Is it only the Dems who resort to personal insults?
Are you talking about OTHER people's fat ass?

Tom
07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Maybe I was talking about Barry.......

The Judge
07-13-2011, 02:04 PM
time around for this very topic.

Spiderman
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
It's a scam letter, not at all written by Michelle Obama.

duncan04
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM

no kidding!!

bigmack
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Tough to fool you. :D

PaceAdvantage
07-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Do you actually think Spiderman believes some of us here thought that was an actual letter written by MO? I'm betting he did...and that's the problem with the left in a nutshell.... :lol:

Rookies
07-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I DO actually have a letter... (err postcard)... signed by Uncle Bill... (errr machine stamped)... from the White House... (errr their posting facility)... thanking my daughter for a letter to Chelsea... I think :lol: