PDA

View Full Version : Dead Cat Bounce

Edward DeVere
07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Some of you will know what the term means, and some of you won't, but I hope we can all agree that "Dead Cat Bounce" is a really stupid thing to name a horse.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2011, 06:34 PM
I hear ya...

I wonder what a lot of people thought about the name "Seattle Slew" before his first race? ;)

sandpit
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I loved the name Seattle Slew when I first heard it and still do.

GameTheory
07-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Some of you will know what the term means, and some of you won't, but I hope we can all agree that "Dead Cat Bounce" is a really stupid thing to name a horse.It is a stock market term, right? What's the problem? Not exactly "uplifting", but so what?

Shelby
07-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Some of you will know what the term means, and some of you won't, but I hope we can all agree that "Dead Cat Bounce" is a really stupid thing to name a horse.

I stopped in my tracks yesterday when I heard that name being announced during the race. I couldn't believe someone would use a name like that.

It never crossed my mind that it is an actual phrase used in relation to the stock market.

Thank you for bringing this topic up because I feel a lot better about that horse and it's owners.

Robert Goren
07-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I guess if you hear the term often enough on CNBC or Fox business, eventually you will not get the image coming into your head of a dead cat bouncing.

Shelby
07-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I guess if you hear the term often enough on CNBC or Fox business, eventually you will not get the image coming into your head of a dead cat bouncing.

Exactly!

What's odd is that I really watch news all morning long and I don't consider myself to be a stupid person. But, I've never ever heard that term.