PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or are we in for a stock crash soon?

pktruckdriver
07-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I am not wanting or wishing for this, but it seems we may be headed this way and this from what I have seen and heard online and from CNN and Foxnews.

If this is true then how do you protect yourself from it?

lamboguy
07-12-2011, 04:52 PM
I am not wanting or wishing for this, but it seems we may be headed this way and this from what I have seen and heard online and from CNN and Foxnews.

If this is true then how do you protect yourself from it?who knows?

just go over and buy yourself some gold and stop worrying. gold is stored wealth that is real and some sharp guy can't fool you on it.

CNN AND FOX NEWS are only the status quo of society and are liars that don't know that they are lying.

JBmadera
07-12-2011, 04:54 PM

If this is true then how do you protect yourself from it?

Do you listen to the dolts at TVG to get your horse picks? The cable news talking heads are all pushing an agenda, nothing there is actually news.

FantasticDan
07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I am not wanting or wishing for this,Oh, you're not? Well that's good.. :rolleyes: :p

pktruckdriver
07-12-2011, 04:55 PM
who knows?

just go over and buy yourself some gold and stop worrying. gold is stored wealth that is real and some sharp guy can't fool you on it.

CNN AND FOX NEWS are only the status quo of society and are liars that don't know that they are lying.

Buy Gold , thank you, this I believe is the right advice, too bad I can not afford any gold bars right now, oh well, good advice still.

patrick

lamboguy
07-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Buy Gold , thank you, this I believe is the right advice, too bad I can not afford any gold bars right now, oh well, good advice still.

patrickno problem, get some silver then, it will be almost as good. silver is less than $40 an ounce now.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2011, 05:26 PM
who knows?

CNN AND FOX NEWS are only the status quo of society and are liars that don't know that they are lying.Full disclosure. lamboguy is WAY LONG Gold... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey PT...if the MAJORITY think there is going to be a crash, you can bet your bottom dollar there won't be one...if you're reading about it in the papers and hearing it on TV, then you can be doubly sure there won't be one...

That's just the way things usually work...

Tape Reader
07-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey PT...if the MAJORITY think there is going to be a crash, you can bet your bottom dollar there won't be one...if you're reading about it in the papers and hearing it on TV, then you can be doubly sure there won't be one...

Hey Pace,

The latest "Contrary Poll" we have here (No 52, Yes 15) indicates a crash. Maybe you have a legit indicator here.

pktruckdriver
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Makes sense, and like I stated before I hope to God it does not ever happen.

You mean kinda like the Paulick Report, but isn't his stuff mostly true, ??

All right no more on this , just pray it does not happen.

patrick

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
That's why I say be careful with gold...EVERYONE is telling you to buy some...it's at or near an all time high...

Look what happened when everything was going to shit in the markets a few years ago...who stepped in and BOUGHT? Warren Buffet for one...although he got a sweetheart deal because of who he is, he was buying GE, Goldman Sachs, as well as a few other big name companies when everyone else was bailing during the height of the financial crisis.

It's like a game of musical chairs or hot potato...sooner or later, somebody is going to left holding a giant bag of crap...

Tape Reader
07-12-2011, 08:03 PM
That's why I say be careful with gold...EVERYONE is telling you to buy some...it's at or near an all time high...

Look what happened when everything was going to shit in the markets a few years ago...who stepped in and BOUGHT? Warren Buffet for one...although he got a sweetheart deal because of who he is, he was buying GE, Goldman Sachs, as well as a few other big name companies when everyone else was bailing during the height of the financial crisis.

It's like a game of musical chairs or hot potato...sooner or later, somebody is going to left holding a giant bag of crap...

Gold is a currency. The sooner people realize this the better off they will be. And hopefully protect themselves.

Ideal portfolio: Cash, gold and a double barrel.

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Gold is a currency. The sooner people realize this the better off they will be. And hopefully protect themselves.

Ideal portfolio: Cash, gold and a double barrel.Gold's value is solely based on what others are willing to pay for it. It's all perception, just like everything else traded on markets.

Look what happened to oil. Zoomed up to 140+ a barrel and then plunged down to around $30 a barrel in record time. Oil is a precious, finite commodity just like gold.

Let's say you buy tons of gold and the world goes to shit. What the hell are you going to do with all those heavy gold bars in your closet, or wherever the hell else they happen to be stored (and pray whoever is storing it doesn't steal from you).

Look, I hope everyone who buys gold now profits handsomely. I just don't see how now could be the right time to buy gold.

Are you all banking on the end of the world as we know it? Is gold really going to be worth that much if the world as we know it ends?

Dave Schwartz
07-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Let's say you buy tons of gold and the world goes to shit. What the hell are you going to do with all those heavy gold bars in your closet, or wherever the hell else they happen to be stored (and pray whoever is storing it doesn't steal from you).

yes, but just before the world goes completely to shit, you will be very, very wealthy!

:bang:

lamboguy
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Gold's value is solely based on what others are willing to pay for it. It's all perception, just like everything else traded on markets.

Look what happened to oil. Zoomed up to 140+ a barrel and then plunged down to around $30 a barrel in record time. Oil is a precious, finite commodity just like gold.

Look, I hope everyone who buys gold now profits handsomely. I just don't see how now could be the right time to buy gold.

Are you all banking on the end of the world as we know it? Is gold really going to be worth that much if the world as we know it ends?i would think that if the price of gold does go up it would be great for the world. that would mean that we still have a currency with some meaning to it, in my opinion, the price of gold needs to go up alot higher for this country to exist with a high standard of living, of course i know i am looking at this exactly opposite of conventional wisdom, but conventional wisdom is hardly ever right these days.

HUSKER55
07-12-2011, 09:37 PM
i don't remember where I read this but our national debt is around $800 per ounce of our gold reserves.

(sorry I don't remember where I read that)

I am more afraid of this downward spiral than a stock market crash. If we don't change rather soon then yes, but not in the near future.

JMHO

JustRalph
07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
If the world goes to shit, the most precious metal will be those metals in the shape of a firearm

PaceAdvantage
07-12-2011, 10:01 PM
If the world goes to shit, the most precious metal will be those metals in the shape of a firearmTrue that...

Tom
07-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm going long into lead.

newtothegame
07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Full disclosure. lamboguy is WAY LONG Gold... :lol:

TY!

offtrack
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
This seems to be a very simplistic question regarding a very complex question.

Seems we've seen many "crashes" in assorted markets throughout this past decade. Some crashed stocks have offered exceptional opportunities for investment.

I look to withdraw 4% a year from my investments in the stock markets to augment my cash requirements. I don't see that strategy to be in jeopardy despite the fluctuations of the markets.

Not all my investments are in stocks/stock market.

lamboguy
07-13-2011, 11:43 AM
in keeping with the theme of this thread i am going to recomend a book that a read over and over again when i get to brave. the book is REMNICENCE OF A STOCK OPERATOR author JESSE LIVERMORE. if you decide to buy this book and read it based on my recomendation, i cannot replace your valuable time, but if you don't think thats the best book that you have ever read i will give you the money that you paid for it and not ask any questions.

JBmadera
07-13-2011, 12:00 PM
in keeping with the theme of this thread i am going to recomend a book that a read over and over again when i get to brave. the book is REMNICENCE OF A STOCK OPERATOR author JESSE LIVERMORE. if you decide to buy this book and read it based on my recomendation, i cannot replace your valuable time, but if you don't think thats the best book that you have ever read i will give you the money that you paid for it and not ask any questions.

certainly one of the most interesting books on trading and Jesse was one heck of a character (my prayer is that none of us end up like he did). there are many, many excellent books out there focusing on the technical and psychological aspects of trading and investing.

Robert Goren
07-13-2011, 12:14 PM
The businesses that actually make stuff and hire people to make it are running about even. The businesses that take thin air and turn it into thin air and then sell it are booming. I see no end in sight for those businesses. The Dow will see 15000 by the end of the year.

Tape Reader
07-13-2011, 12:15 PM

I think the author was "Lefebre" or something like that and it was "supposedly" about Jesse Livermore.

Agree lamboguy, one of the best books I have ever read on the market.

lamboguy
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I think the author was "Lefebre" or something like that and it was "supposedly" about Jesse Livermore.

Agree lamboguy, one of the best books I have ever read on the market.correct, i am a dope and can't spell or write like jesse. thank you for correcting me.

RaceBookJoe
07-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure about a crash...but some interesting parallels between the SPX tops in 2001, 2007, April 2010, May 2011 with the NYSE BPI...interesting to see where we go from here. Lots of interest in europe, debt ceiling, possible QE3. rbj

JustRalph
07-13-2011, 01:05 PM
The businesses that actually make stuff and hire people to make it are running about even. The businesses that take thin air and turn it into thin air and then sell it are booming. I see no end in sight for those businesses. The Dow will see 15000 by the end of the year.

man, check those meds again........ :lol:

15k by the end of the year? Come on Bobby, you are just pulling our chain right?

BlueShoe
07-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Along with CBS, NBC, ABC, HLN, CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

lamboguy
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Along with CBS, NBC, ABC, HLN, CNBC, MSNBC, etc.true.

what is really wild that is going on right now is this debt ceiling deal. the republicans have a problem with it right here and right now. when bush was president, he started this debt ceiling dealing, they had no problem raising it 7 times in the 8 years he was there. personally i don't care for any of these politians from either side. i just felt like pointing out the hypocrites that they all are.

Robert Goren
07-13-2011, 08:11 PM
true.

what is really wild that is going on right now is this debt ceiling deal. the republicans have a problem with it right here and right now. when bush was president, he started this debt ceiling dealing, they had no problem raising it 7 times in the 8 years he was there. personally i don't care for any of these politians from either side. i just felt like pointing out the hypocrites that they all are.All politicians are hypocrites. The only difference is that republicans consider it a virtue while democrats are ambivalent about it.