PDA

View Full Version : Need Info

RaceTrackDaddy
07-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Anyone know of a site where they store the Meadows handles with breakdown with the separate pools breakdown for each race (similar to equibase results)?

Ray2000
07-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Handle/Pool info for US tracks is really hard to find. Canadian tracks are much more open and publish the info. USTA charts have a data-field for pool totals but only Hoosier, BigM, Pocono, Northfield and ? fill them in, and only for exotic pools. Yonkers gives total handle at their website. Others may also if they publish that standard chart form.

I only know of 2 ADWs that carry The Meadows signal, ExpressBet and Twin, (and HPI in Canada). Pool info is available while the track is running, but it is a real chore to manually keep records.

In a previous thread I gave the average for some trifecta pools (~$4700) for The Meadows that evening and they were small that night. The next day (an afternoon card) the pools were almost twice as large.

If anyone knows of a central site for pool info, I too would be interested.

Sea Biscuit
07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
RTD HPI has that info but you have to be a member first and membership is reserved for Canadians residents only

For race 1 July 1, I found the following totals

Daily Double $1,828 Exactor $4,218 Triactor $4,095

Race 2

Exactor $5,047 Triactor $5,756
Race 3

Exactor $5,604 Pick 3 $762 Superfecta $1,471 Triactor $4,826

I hope that helps a little bit

trying2win
07-12-2011, 07:00 PM
RACETRACKDADDY:

It might be worth contacting the folks at the www.ustrotting.com website, via an email. I noticed they have a section called 'PATHWAY' and have various statistics for sale. I'm guessing to access the statistics section, that one would have to buy a subscription of some sort with them.

T2W

wilderness
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
RACETRACKDADDY:

It might be worth contacting the folks at the

The USTA no longer accumulates or keeps records on wagering pools.
Any year-end materials that are presented in their publications are provided by either individual states and/or same states Horseman's orgs.

John Pawlak of the USTA will gladly provide a similar answer.

As a result there is nothing to provide.

Blame the USTA as incompetent if you please, however the real responsibility lies with simulcasting and the failure of the individual tracks to disclose these dollars. Even though the tracks use USTA software to report race results, there doesn't seem to exist an ability of required reporting.

The spaces for the data in the software surely exist because Blue Grass Downs and Thunder Ridge Raceway were providing their meager sums.

EagleEye Po
07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Curious as to the minimum bet on supers at the Meadows?
Assuming it is less than $2, does anybody know why USTA reports payouts based on a $2 wager?

Ray2000
07-14-2011, 04:34 PM
50¢ on boxes and wheels but I'm not sure of the take-out

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=88100

EagleEye Po
07-14-2011, 08:43 PM
I find it very deceiving when a $0.50 single winning ticket hits the super and they report it as a $2.00 payout, exagerating the actual payout amount by 4 times!

RaceTrackDaddy
07-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Thank you to all who replied...
The Meadows just went to the fifty cent super mimium base (but you still have to spend $2 or 4 combos). Been urging them to drop it to a dime for years now but they changed a little.

What I did not like was there guarantee pools on the Pick-6 last year (which they stopped due to losing too much money). It ended on March 15th and a friend and me split a $12 ticket and took down half the pool.
http://mysite.verizon.net/r.zanakis/Files/Pick-6%20Winners.htm
One of singles on that ticket was 12/1....what a day that was..Anyway, The Meadows went to the Pa Racing Commission to raise the retention rates on the Trifecta to offset their exposure to these guarantee pools. Since spring of 2010, the Meadows has had the highest retention rate in North America, that is 35%. Pocono Downs reduced their's last year and kept them at that level. In fact, Hana came out with a ranking for all flat tracks and no where on that list is any track retention rate of 30 percent or higher that does not reside in Pennsylvania.

Here are the current Meadows rates of retention for now, who knows when they will ask for more:

Win/Place/Show 17%
Exacta/DailyDouble 20%
Trifecta 35%
Superfecta 26%
Pick-3 26%
Pick-4 (last I heard) 20%