PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods News Conference

cj's dad
07-11-2011, 09:04 AM
scheduled for 11:00 AM. Major announcement on tap.

Any guesses ?

Robert Goren
07-11-2011, 09:10 AM
He has decided to take up residence in a Nevada brothel while he rehabilitates his knee. Actually I think he going to announce that he is going to have the surgery done again.

cj's dad
07-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Longshot guess- Retiring

BillW
07-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Any guesses ?

Where did you hear that? Odd that there is no mention on the ESPN golf page (at least it isn't a headline as you would expect.)

cj's dad
07-11-2011, 09:42 AM
He will be interviewed on the Golf channel.

see below:

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/ec/ece9b0cecbb4833fa0ecf4f2d9be9ece/tiger_woods_set_to_make_an_announcement_on_monday_ morning.jpg

If Tiger Woods (http://sports.yahoo.com/pga/players/147/) is calling in his media "friends," you know something is up. That's why the news that Tiger will sit down with The Golf Channel's Kelly Tilghman on Monday morning at 11 AM ET seems a bit strange. Tiger hasn't played golf since early May at the Players Championship, and announced last week (http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/golf_experts/post/Tiger-Woods-announces-he-will-not-play-the-Briti?urn=golf-wp3295) that he wouldn't be attending the British Open this week at Royal St. George's.

JustRalph
07-11-2011, 09:45 AM
He is marrying Charlie Sheen in upstate NY on labor day weekend

PhantomOnTour
07-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Maybe he's going to announce/admit that he used PEDs and he is having a lot of injuries now because of it...???

Uncle Mo is retiring?

Marshall Bennett
07-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Announcing he's gay?

PhantomOnTour
07-11-2011, 10:10 AM
He's going to announce that the BrCup has decided to add 3 more races

falconridge
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Any guesses ?
Mine is that the event, such as it is or turns out to be, will prove anticlimactic. In fact, there may be no major announcement at all, but rather a general discussion of Woods's health, or how treatment for the injuries that have plagued him since 2009 will prevent him from competing in any more tournaments in 2011. I don't expect he'll confess to any more personal peccadilloes or reveal anything about his relationship with Anthony Galea.

Woods's agent, Mark Steinberg, denies that his embattled client is about to announce anything of extraordinary moment. In fact, neither Steinberg, Woods, nor The Golf Channel is calling the 11:00 a.m. tête-à-tête with Kelly Tilghman a "press conference." The only mention of such surfaced last night on The Golf Channel's twitter page. That "tweet," which may be the work of a hacker or simply an erroneous report, has been removed. Only MSNBC, that paragon of journalistic probity :rolleyes:, describes the Tilghman/Woods sit-down interview as a "press conference."

In any case, I'll be tuning in.

johnhannibalsmith
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
He is marrying Charlie Sheen in upstate NY on labor day weekend

God I hope you are right... anything else will be a huge letdown now.

Relwob Owner
07-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Longshot guess- Retiring

I like this longshot pick....small chance it could happen. I would bet on him taking the rest of the year off.

Canarsie
07-11-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll go with one that's really out of this world.

He's getting back together with Elin.

The other one would be Galea gave him up and now he's going to admit it.

For a guy who shuns the media if it's he's not playing this year he just wants attention before the British Open.

cj's dad
07-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Somebody post the results please. I'm working uh well sort of, and won't be able to tune in. Wait let me check www.thegolfchannel.com

BillW
07-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Not a word on golf channel (that I saw) - we'll see in 3 mins.

ArlJim78
07-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Announcing that he might start in the King's Bishop?

or that he's going to run for Anthony Weiner's open seat.

BillW
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
No news conference. Just announcing that Elite landed his account.

Announcing that he might start in the King's Bishop?

or that he's going to run for Anthony Weiner's open seat.