PDA

View Full Version : Latin American Racing

BIG49010
07-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Does anybody follow these races?

Since I started with dish network, I see 2 channels of this stuff, but I can't ever see the pools.

olddaddy
07-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Ive look at them when its Laurel simulcast day and when the races at Gulfstream after the 10th were from south america. Ive watched the races on twinspires, the pools were really small.

BIG49010
07-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Looks like they have large fields, and they run a bunch of races, I will have to look at the Laurel pools the next time they have it on the dish.

Thanks

Robert Goren
07-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Are American wagers mixed into their pools or do we have seperate pools for races simulcast here?

BIG49010
07-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I think it must be like the Aussie races where the pool is U.S. and maybe Canada, but not 100% sure. I was just currious because I get TV coverage.

toussaud
07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
i've gotten pretty into aussie racing. I generally try to play on friday nights. great product.

comet52
07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Are American wagers mixed into their pools or do we have seperate pools for races simulcast here?

Separate.

BIG49010
07-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Separate.

Do they bet like crazy on these tracks down there, like they do in some of the other countries they show in the U.S. Tough finding much info on these on web.

Producer
07-11-2011, 10:13 PM
IMO, the problem with trying to bet these races, other than the obvious small pools, is the PP's are so bad. Same with Australian racing. Just not enough info for me to feel at all confident about making a bet. No figures, no comments, etc. Makes it tough to make an informed decision. Also if your not familiar with the different tracks they run at, its impossible to have any idea about track biases or what works at what tracks/distances. To much guessing involved for me.

mannyberrios
07-11-2011, 10:23 PM
The racing in England, and Austraila are great! I am hoping to get used to it by watching it as much as I can.

BIG49010
07-11-2011, 11:36 PM
IMO, the problem with trying to bet these races, other than the obvious small pools, is the PP's are so bad. Same with Australian racing. Just not enough info for me to feel at all confident about making a bet. No figures, no comments, etc. Makes it tough to make an informed decision. Also if your not familiar with the different tracks they run at, its impossible to have any idea about track biases or what works at what tracks/distances. To much guessing involved for me.

I have to agree with you, Bris gives them away, and that's about what they are worth.

Years ago, I was into the Aussie races, and I would buy the form from over there, and it had some decent figures in it.