PDA

View Full Version : Andy on radio

rwwupl
07-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Roger Stein radio had "Andy" on today,Sunday,7-10-11... the first half hour. It is a must listen for all horseplayers interested on what is happening in California.

Great job Andy...

See "Archives", it will be up an hour or so after the show, approx 10-11-AM Ca. time .

http://www.rogerstein.com/

rw

jelly
07-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Nice job Andy.

The Roger Stein show is without question the best radio show out there for horseplayers.

We could definitely use more horseracing radio shows.Anyone working on one?

andymays
07-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Nice job Andy.

The Roger Stein show is without question the best radio show out there for horseplayers.

We could definitely use more horseracing radio shows.Anyone working on one?

Thanks Jelly. He called me at 5 minutes to 8 and asked me to go on. I did it on the fly and he makes it easy. He conducts a good interview and that helps a lot.

Tom
07-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Still not up - 4:10 est.

JeremyJet
07-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Andy,

Did your synthetic track crusade end when Santa Anita switched back to dirt? I'd like to see them all revert back to dirt. Your work is not done, man. ;)

andymays
07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Andy,

Did your synthetic track crusade end when Santa Anita switched back to dirt? I'd like to see them all revert back to dirt. Your work is not done, man. ;)

The new Santa Anita surface was not safe so I can't really say much till they get it right. Hollywood is really a hybrid. It's about half dirt and other stuff along with synthetic.

Santa Anita is renovating their surface to get it right and I hope they do.

gm10
07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
The new Santa Anita surface was not safe so I can't really say much till they get it right. Hollywood is really a hybrid. It's about half dirt and other stuff along with synthetic.

Santa Anita is renovating their surface to get it right and I hope they do.

It's pretty clear that dirt is less safe to begin with, and top of that, whatever they do to the SA dirt, it's still going to cause a lot of injuries for horses who are used to running on a synthetic surface.

Wolff's law and all that.

andymays
07-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Still not up - 4:10 est.

They had technical problems with the last half of the show which was a good interview with Baffert. I was on the first part and the tech guy said it should be up tonight.

andymays
07-11-2011, 08:05 AM
It's finally up. Click on 7-10.

http://www.rogerstein.com/radio/archive2.asp

lamboguy
07-11-2011, 09:18 AM
andy made a good point about getting rid of the quinella's. small pools are no good for the game. the quninella players will migrate over to exacta. its probably a good idea to get rid of the superfecta as well, those guys will move over to the trifecta. another thing to do would be to eliminate the show pool as well, and just have place like they have all over the world.

he might have figured out that less will be better in the racing game.

onefast99
07-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Good job Andy.

Fingal
07-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks Jelly. He called me at 5 minutes to 8 and asked me to go on. I did it on the fly and he makes it easy. He conducts a good interview and that helps a lot.

Stein conducts a great interview, it's what Roger does best. It's when he goes on the personal attacks that I flip off the radio for a few minutes until it's probably over.

JimG
07-11-2011, 11:28 AM
It was a good interview. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jim

Igeteven
07-11-2011, 11:58 AM
To Hell with Stein, give Andy the radio show, he does a better job.

Igeteven
07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Here is another problem, Andy did a great job, however, California thinks, racing fans in state and out of state fans our going bend over backwards to play Cal Racing even with the lower take out.

No way.

We California's have been so beat up bye Cal Tracks, that 98 percent will not come back.

Why should we, just because it's Cal Racing, NY, Fla, and Ky have more superior racing and a better betting menu then California.

Anyone want to defend Cal Racing , if you do, good luck.

andymays
07-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I appreciate the compliments.

If I knew I was going to be on ahead of time I would have prepared better. I though I could have had better answers in some parts. I

Igeteven
07-11-2011, 01:00 PM
It was not you, it was Stein, you did a great job under the circumstances.

FenceBored
07-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Good interview.

Just one question he didn't ask you that needed to be asked: Where did you get the shades?

Tom
07-12-2011, 11:09 PM
I listened today - kudos, Andy.
I admire how you can deal with jerks and act like an adult and a professional.

I generally start off with, "Hey, you butt-faced morons........"