PDA

View Full Version : Remington Park Contest?

superfecta
11-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Anyone playing the NTRA contest on the 22nd and 23rd?Pretty steep entry fee,but I think I will try it.Be nice to see you guys from around here(put a face to a name-or in CJs case- a face to those pasty white sticks )

cj
11-11-2003, 11:26 PM
I want to see the format...if you have to play a good amount of RP races, I wouldn't bother. I know nothing of their racing. But if its a simulcasting thing, I'm going to enter. Either way, if some guys from the board are going to be there, I'd love to show up and meet you.

One ? about RP...why do the route races not include 6f pace times in any of the charts???

superfecta
11-11-2003, 11:54 PM
From what I saw on their website,its a combo of both.I don't play the track much anymore(the quality is suspect,the payouts are low).Its that $200 entry that shook me.Since Its $100 for early bird entries,I'm gonna scrape up 100 bones pretty quick.My theory being maybe with a low # of entries,A little luck will win the thing,or at least get me a qualifying spot.

superfecta
11-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Now they have changed the entry rules,now its free,or you can buy a pkg deal for $100.Now any bozo with a form can get in:mad:

ceejay
11-12-2003, 09:10 AM
http://www.remingtonpark.com/news/pr_display.asp?pageItem=2003-09-05a.html

Here's a link to the rules. In summary, mythical $2 W/P wagers on 30 pre-selected races over two days. 15 live and 15 simo races each of two days. Free entry with admission or you can enter without paying admission charges on Sat AM.

The top 4 finishers qualify for Vegas.

I'd like to give this a try myself but it's my "on-call" weekend at work, so I'll have to wait and see.

I noticed some good news on their web site: Jim Beyers is back! http://www.remingtonpark.com/news/pr_display.asp?pageItem=2003-10-30.html I thought that he was an excellent caller.

cato
11-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up...if I can rearrange my schedule, I'm definitely entering the tournamenmt...and look forward to meeting the OKC cntingent of the PA board (which apparently has several members)

...now let's see, you can enter the tournament for FREE, be eligible for prizes for FREE, but any astute handicapper MUST HAVE the Remington Park Tournament package:

"3. Those players that wish to take part in the Remington Park Handicapping Tournament Package can do so for a nominal price of $100 ($50 for each day of tournament). This will cover the entrants’ general admission to Remington Park, programs and Daily Racing Form, and the Eclipse buffet on both days of the tournament."

Jeez, you can't pass up that excellent package! LOL!

Cheers, Cato

ceejay
11-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Simo races in the contest are scheduled to be posted on the website on Thursday for Saturday's races and on Friday for Sunday's.

ceejay
11-20-2003, 04:56 PM
http://www.remingtonpark.com

Saturday's contest races are posted.

superfecta
11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Post by Friday nite.because we gotta figure out where to meet and how to recognize each other.I am going to register Fri. morning,so I'll see where they are going to hold it.Maybe that will make it easier to meet up.

ceejay
11-20-2003, 10:50 PM
I'll place my picks for Saturday early and leave, but will be out there on Sunday. How about 12:30 Sunday?

cato
11-20-2003, 11:51 PM
I'll be there. My wife may also be doing battle for the right to go to Vegas. Getting together either day works for me

Take care, Cato

ceejay
11-21-2003, 12:29 PM
They will have the RJC lounge (on the penthouse level) open for the tourney, first come-first serve. That's probably the best place to meet up.

I'll be easy to recognize:
43 yo bald white guy in a Black "Quickie" manual-assist wheelchair. Real name is Craig.

superfecta
11-21-2003, 09:30 PM
I will be the tall Indian dressed in an OSU shirt with glasses.(Orange colored shirt may be an option)I will look for you guys.Real name Shannon.Hope to see you guys one of the days.

cj
11-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I can't make it on Saturday as my two daughters have 4 soccer games between the two of them, but I will do my best to be there on Sunday. Another Craig shouldn't be too hard to find ;)

Zaf
11-22-2003, 12:20 AM
Good Luck Guys !!! Hope Somebody makes it to Vegas :cool:

ZAFONIC

JustRalph
11-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I can't make it on Saturday as my two daughters have 4 soccer games between the two of them, but I will do my best to be there on Sunday. Another Craig shouldn't be too hard to find ;)

Cj..... after reading this, a question came up........is your next move going to allow you to take the kids with you? just wondered......if you don't want to answer publicly, I understand.

cj
11-22-2003, 09:00 AM
No problem...we are all going...the wife, three kids, but no dogs. We are giving those two away. Three year assignment, then its retirement time in OKC...if I can survive the "real" world :D:D:D

cato
11-22-2003, 02:24 PM
I'll be there. ..look for someone that looks something like a walking fire plug (except no orange). My wife is much easier to spot--5'2", eyes of blue and bushy blonde hair.
Real name-- Frank--

Good luck everyone.

cato
11-23-2003, 03:22 AM
I met Superfecta at the RP tournament. What an incredibly nice guy and an excellent handicapper! I think he ccurrently 4th in the standings.

Cato