PDA

View Full Version : My Wizards Thoroughred Report.

douglasw32
07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Go here.... http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

You want this one...TRwizard.exe

Execute it and it will UNZIP a folder TRwizard, inside the folder is a program by the same name.

A sample of the report is this .... racedata.htm

I think all the bugs are worked out and I have it the way Ilike it now.

Here is the readme file found in the download.
-------------------------
Execute TRwizard.exe found in the program folder by the same name,
Click on Download and download a bris single file format race card (It will be compressed in .zip format)
Unzip it somewhere on your computer and note the location.
Optional: Check for scratches, and copy them to your clipboard (look up copy and paste on google if you do not know what I just said)
Click on the update scratch button and paste the scratches.
Now remove everything so the only thing left in the file is NAME OF ONE HORSE PER LINE, ALL CAPITALS
close and save the file when asked.
Now click on choose file, select the unzipper .drf file you placed somehwere earlier.
Answer the 3 questions, how many pace lines, if it is an off track and how far back in days you want the report to go.
That is it the report will open in your default browser.
It is just a summary, there is a key of what everything means at the top of the report.
There is no special way of using it, no black box, just another tool.
It does (IMHO) a very good job sorting the field top to bottom, so the top 4 horses are always the place to start.
It is just a simpler way to "see the race" , what horses are contenders, how they run, how fast, etc without all of the other noise in the full past performance.
If you want to email it or print it or something and not have to run it again to get it to open, it is found in the application path in a folder called TRwizard in a subfolder named BIN.
the file is racedata.htm

=========== other files===============
HHXv21.zip <- this is hh's handifast

Support Files <- this is some support files if you can not get the program to work out of the box then run these on your system.

handifast7.1.zip <-handi's cersion of handifast.
=================================

douglasw32
07-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone who downloaded this right away when I posted it earlier go get it again and overwrite it, it had an error still and showed every race as being run at todays track, that has been corrected.

douglasw32
07-24-2011, 10:37 AM
I uploaded my "working Copy" the one I use each day and tweak when time allows or I get some half baked idea on the way it is formatted ;)

It is called TRCWIZARDbeta

I believe all of the bugs are worked out of this one, it displays different, adds in some features (Look at the key at the top of the printed report)

And exports a CSV for use with ALLDATA (read the readme file)

Let me know how it works (Or doesn't) for you.

cloud9
07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
doug. I down loaded your file and tried to open it on win 7 but a warning box opened and this is the message i got.

"Component' condlg32 ocg'or oneof its dependencies not correctly registered . A file is missing or invalid "

It done this with both of the last two TRC wizard files I tried .Am I doing somthing wrong ?

douglasw32
08-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Make sure you add this to your system, Might be the win 7 problem.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Support%20Files/

Also be sure to right click the EXE of the main program and tell it to run as administrator.

dartman51
08-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Make sure you add this to your system, Might be the win 7 problem.

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/Support%20Files/

Also be sure to right click the EXE of the main program and tell it to run as administrator.

Sorry, Doug. No luck. I uninstalled TRC, installed the new files, per instructions, re-installed TRC, re-booted the computer, and STILL get the same missing horses. Thanks for your efforts. :ThmbUp:

p.s. I even tried running it in Virtual PC XP mode. Same results.

douglasw32
08-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh sorry that was in reference to the win 7 problem, the dropped horse thing I am still tracking down

cloud9
08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh sorry that was in reference to the win 7 problem, the dropped horse thing I am still tracking downStill cant get it to work in win pro . How dose the two files work ?

douglasw32
08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
One installs the Visual Basic runtimes, (the program is written in VB6)
The 2nd registers the needed dll files.

I use it on windows xp sp3 ?

I will try packaging the next version better once I work out the dropped horses in maiden races.

fight
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
horses also missing from non mdn races. ty

cloud9
08-09-2011, 05:46 PM
One installs the Visual Basic runtimes, (the program is written in VB6)
The 2nd registers the needed dll files.

I use it on windows xp sp3 ?

I will try packaging the next version better once I work out the dropped horses in maiden races. Do you put them in the same folder as wizard ?

douglasw32
08-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Okay I have all the bugs worked out, added a few changes that I use, the report is long if printed but it is designed to be used on the screen.

I will probably need to write a how to someday...

I did include a readme file in the program folder that will end up in C:\My Programs\TR

The installer should register the needed files unlike the others.

It exports a csv so the data can be used elsewhere, changes the speed figure and the prime power figure to mine.

a key to the report is at the top of the report.

It has two sections now one shows abbreviated PP's the other graphs out the modified speed figure.

It allows you to select how many of each you display.

It Bolds things I find relative to current form, and color codes the races.

It does not DROP horses.

anyone who wants to try it out can get it at

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

You want the one named Setup.exe

dartman51
08-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Okay I have all the bugs worked out, added a few changes that I use, the report is long if printed but it is designed to be used on the screen.

I will probably need to write a how to someday...

I did include a readme file in the program folder that will end up in C:\My Programs\TR

The installer should register the needed files unlike the others.

It exports a csv so the data can be used elsewhere, changes the speed figure and the prime power figure to mine.

a key to the report is at the top of the report.

It has two sections now one shows abbreviated PP's the other graphs out the modified speed figure.

It allows you to select how many of each you display.

It Bolds things I find relative to current form, and color codes the races.

It does not DROP horses.

anyone who wants to try it out can get it at

http://localpcpros.com/handifast/

You want the one named Setup.exe

Thanks Doug. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
08-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Crap still, dropping some and the formatting fails on others ?

I am working on it.

I won't change the format any, I am very pleased with it the way it is now, so I will just be working the bugs out.

And the installer seems to make it work much better.

Even with the Bugs the ranking of the power rating and horses is accurate.

fight
08-15-2011, 09:36 AM
doug the del 8\15 file does not work in your program sar does.

fight
08-16-2011, 01:58 PM
del 8\16 multicaps dont work.

douglasw32
08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Anyone still sticking with me, the FIX is up, download the Setup.exe over again.
give me feedback

dartman51
08-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Anyone still sticking with me, the FIX is up, download the Setup.exe over again.
give me feedback

Doug, still here Buddy. We know you are putting in a lot of time and effort on this "labor of love". Just so you know, it is greatly appreciated. :ThmbUp:

kentrg
08-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Still here too. Thanks for all your work on this!

fight
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
still del 0823 0824 wont work in program and at other tracks nags missing ty

douglasw32
08-23-2011, 10:03 PM
still del 0823 0824 wont work in program and at other tracks nags missing ty

Give me a race, I know what is causing it so I should be able to squash it

dartman51
08-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Give me a race, I know what is causing it so I should be able to squash it

I sent the info to your e-mail Doug. :ThmbUp:

douglasw32
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I got the error fixed, but I still want to make sure I have the sort function set so it does not exclude horses.

Can someone email me a .mcp file or .drf file that they know had excluded horses ?

douglasw32
10-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Work is crazy so I only get to work on this bits at a time.

But I will make a new post, I am pretty positive this time about the missing horse error being gone.