PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann

Tape Reader
07-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi All,

In the coming interviews/debates, note that Michele Bachmann does not pause. She refuses to acknowledge opponent's barbs. She stymies them. And then she hypnotizes the audience with her eyes!

This is similar to how "The Great Communicator" pissed off the media: he ignored them.

Michele: "I have a titanium spine."

IMO, If the Dems try to argue her ideas, they lose.

GameTheory
07-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi All,

In the coming interviews/debates, note that Michele Bachmann does not pause. She refuses to acknowledge opponent's barbs. She stymies them. And then she hypnotizes the audience with her eyes!

This is similar to how "The Great Communicator" pissed off the media: he ignored them.

Michele: "I have a titanium spine."

IMO, If the Dems try to argue her ideas, they lose.She does have those creepy glassed-over eyes that I associate with zealotry. Or maybe it is a Invasion of the Body Snatchers situation...

Ocala Mike
07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Stepford Wives? Witches of Eastwick? Second Wives Club?

Really don't think she's comparable to Reagan on any level (unless she likes jelly beans).

Ocala Mike

HUSKER55
07-09-2011, 02:50 AM
what do you have against jelly beans? :D

Rookies
07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
And now all in... saying Black families were better off under slavery than now due to the number of one parent families.
Bachmann Stands By Marriage Pledge That Links Slavery to Black Family Values

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/#ixzz1RfDEzIhb

:bang:

You can't make the shite of these 'principled' zealots up...:lol:

ArlJim78
07-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Well she didn't "say" anything as you implied. she signed something called a marraige vow which contains the following statement which you zealously mischaracterized with the words "better off under slavery";

Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA‟s first African-American President

GameTheory
07-09-2011, 10:35 PM
And now all in... saying Black families were better off under slavery than now due to the number of one parent families.
Bachmann Stands By Marriage Pledge That Links Slavery to Black Family Values

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/#ixzz1RfDEzIhb

:bang:

You can't make the shite of these 'principled' zealots up...:lol:

That's just standard "gotcha" nonsense -- that part wasn't even on the document she actually signed.

Tom
07-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA‟s first African-American President

The 800 lb gorilla in the room?

True or false statement?

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Well she didn't "say" anything as you implied. she signed something called a marraige vow which contains the following statement which you zealously mischaracterized with the words "better off under slavery";

Wow...what you posted sounded nothing like what Rookies was implying. Thanks for clearing that up.

If a Democrat had uttered that statement, or signed something with that statement in it, they'd be praised as insightful and compassionate.

What a difference that "R" makes... :lol:

Tom
07-10-2011, 08:58 AM
R= rewrite

Rookies
07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow...what you posted sounded nothing like what Rookies was implying. Thanks for clearing that up.

If a Democrat had uttered that statement, or signed something with that statement in it, they'd be praised as insightful and compassionate.

What a difference that "R" makes... :lol:

"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/#) than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA's first African-American President," the opening statement reads.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/#ixzz1RiCt4Dgg

Was that incorrect ? NO, it wasn't.

And Rewrite- Tommy it has come to pass: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/

What I said, is exactly the way many, many observers saw Bachmann's latest utterance. It is especially pointed given her previous and completely false declaration that ALL those Founding Fathers were really abolitionists. :rolleyes:

It is one thing to posit that 2 parent families are generally a preferable building block for raising children. It is another to not understand how U.S. slave traders divided black slaves, as did say... the Nazis- completely and forever seperated.

Ergo, making Bachmann's point- pledge- whatever both wrong and foolish.

Tom
07-10-2011, 10:59 AM
It is one thing to posit that 2 parent families are generally a preferable building block for raising children. It is another to not understand how U.S. slave traders divided black slaves, as did say... the Nazis- completely and forever seperated.

And in spite of that, the probability of a one-parent home is greater today?

OK, repubs backed down - what else is new. They always back down.
Boehner is already wavering on the debt ceiling - he will topple, mark my words. Obama will win this because the repubs have no back bones and cannot do anything for the nation that will hurt their own little kingdoms.

I encourage everyone to email Boehner and start the message with "Dear spineless bastard, who is never getting another vote from me......"

Robert Goren
07-10-2011, 11:31 AM
There is no shortage of one parent homes among the white race these days either. For good or bad, it is a trend that is transending racial lines today.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I encourage everyone to email Boehner and start the message with "Dear spineless bastard, who is never getting another vote from me......"

You do know you don't have to work that hard to make him cry, right?

PaceAdvantage
07-10-2011, 11:35 AM
"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/#) than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA's first African-American President," the opening statement reads.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/#ixzz1RiCt4Dgg

Was that incorrect ? NO, it wasn't.

And Rewrite- Tommy it has come to pass: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/09/bachmann-stands-by-marriage-pledge-that-links-slavery-to-black-family-values/

What I said, is exactly the way many, many observers saw Bachmann's latest utterance. It is especially pointed given her previous and completely false declaration that ALL those Founding Fathers were really abolitionists. :rolleyes:

Ergo, making Bachmann's point- pledge- whatever both wrong and foolish.I don't know any reasonable person who would think that passage was meant to imply black families were better off during the times of slavery.

This is all just politics and bullshit.

The passage was there to simply emphasize a point. A surprising point at that.

JustRalph
07-10-2011, 12:12 PM
don't forget that if that black kid was conceived today, 4 out of 10 would be aborted and if they lived in Washington DC it can be as high as 7 out of ten.

sandpit
07-10-2011, 12:51 PM
don't forget that if that black kid was conceived today, 4 out of 10 would be aborted and if they lived in Washington DC it can be as high as 7 out of ten.

That's sad; I guess the abortion doc business is thriving but the birth control thing isn't doing so well.

Tom
07-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Her husband has a racket going where he will have gays "pray the gay away" and become straight. They are hold the meeting at Taco Bell stores, where the signs say "Think outside the bun!"

Rookies
07-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Her husband has a racket going where he will have gays "pray the gay away" and become straight.

As TJ Dave said elswehere: " One comedic idiot poking fun at two comedic idiots."

Bachmann, PLEASE don't drop out! :jump:

She's as fun as Chrissy Witch, probably better- no waaaay better! :lol: