PDA

View Full Version : Check Out The Race By This Youngster

Sea Biscuit
07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Mohawk July 4, Race 3

Thinking Out Loud broke at the gate was left behind some 18 lengths and came back to finish 2nd by only 1 1/4 lengths on a crawling SLOW pace. His personal calculated last quarter was a sizzling 26:1.

Surely a monster mile by this young 2 yr colt.

Take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P4s4CReMz0&feature=relmfu

LottaKash
07-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Hey Biscuit, thx for the heads up on this speedy little horse....Also, thx for the kind comments towards me in other threads as well....:)

Bob McIntosh, the breeder and trainer of this guy, has fallen off a bit in recent years with the young debut horses, but BM was "the man" for many, many years on the WEG circuit, with the young guns....I wish him well with this one...

Thinking Out Loud, is another of the precocious ones this year....Yikes !, he made up so much ground.....With that 26:1 last 1/4, he showed such "raw power" doing it, what a motor on this one !....Mike Saftic was just jiggling the lines at him, heehee....He did it all on his own....

Warrawee Needy, was watching this guy, and he said "who is this guy ?"...

best,

Dave Schwartz
07-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Kash,

Good to see you back!

Dave

LottaKash
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Kash,

Good to see you back!

Dave

Thx Messr. Dave....good to be back at that....I have a story, and you know the one, and I will publish it sometime soon...Thx for your genuine concern....It matters...

best,

Dave Schwartz
07-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Kash,

I look forward to it.

Dave

Sea Biscuit
07-07-2011, 02:15 PM
John We are all waiting to hear the reason of your sudden 'disappearance' from the racing scene.

Hope you publish your story soon.

My very best to you.

Sea Biscuit.

mrroyboy
07-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes John Glad to have you back.

Hanover1
07-08-2011, 01:24 PM
For some reason I always enjoyed talking about 2yr olds in October. More substance to the conversation it seemed. My dad always said "they all look good getting started". and I understood what he meant. It was a comment to address the countless times he was approached and asked about a first time starter, or some such creature.

LottaKash
07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
For some reason I always enjoyed talking about 2yr olds in October. More substance to the conversation it seemed. My dad always said "they all look good getting started". and I understood what he meant. It was a comment to address the countless times he was approached and asked about a first time starter, or some such creature.

I understand and quite agree about what you are getting at Hanover, but, I think you have to admit that, some certainly "do" look better than most of the others, even at this early stage of the game......

best,

mrroyboy
07-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh Yes Watching young horses develop is great in both Harness and T-breds. Problem is they are fun to watch but very tough to bet on. Right John?

Hanover1
07-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I understand and quite agree about what you are getting at Hanover, but, I think you have to admit that, some certainly "do" look better than most of the others, even at this early stage of the game......

best,

I agree...they are always the ones that get into the wallet quickly too......

LottaKash
07-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I agree...they are always the ones that get into the wallet quickly too......

:jump: ...Yes, yes, Yes.....those are the one's...:jump:

best,

Hanover1
07-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Had an owner who was high on a colt all winter, who in fact was a morning glory sort. I recall him asking me one night, after a dismal 4th place finish: "What are you going to feed him tonight? Oats or tickets?"

LottaKash
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Had an owner who was high on a colt all winter, who in fact was a morning glory sort. I recall him asking me one night, after a dismal 4th place finish: "What are you going to feed him tonight? Oats or tickets?"

I'll bet it was the "tickets", as the owner probably had a bunch of em....:lol:

best,

Hanover1
07-08-2011, 09:49 PM
I'll bet it was the "tickets", as the owner probably had a bunch of em....:lol:

best,

Colt made it up to him once I convinced him we didn't belong is stakes company every week. Sometimes its harder getting the owners ready than it is the colts.....