PDA

View Full Version : Crafty C.T.

Observer
04-10-2001, 06:01 PM
According to a story on drf.com, Zucker was agonizing over whether to run Crafty C.T. in the Santa Anita Derby. Apparently the horse had been going off his feed at times since his win in the San Rafael. Unfortunately, he regained his appetite after running second to Point Given in the Santa Anita Derby, in which he did look 200-300 pounds below a suitable weight.

Zucker didn't feel the horse was at his peak coming into the Santa Anita Derby, and what a shame. The racing world didn't get a fair shot at a true confrontation between these two horses. And some of us, who believed Crafty C.T. would be fully cranked for a top notch effort, were disappointed. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this horse in the post parade.

But this just goes to show, there are always things going on behind barn doors we'll never know, or at least not know until they get out into the paddock or out onto the track. And sometimes that's too late, especially for the national betting public.

Crafty C.T. is expected to return in June, depending on how he comes along with his weight and his interest in work.

bdhsheets
04-11-2001, 02:08 AM
Observer!

Unfortunately it would be quite easy to do, that's why it will never be done. No reason they couldn't have a weigh in at the time the entries are handed in. It could be part of the PP's somewhere.

What we'll hear again is that it's info we handicappers don't need (ala the nose strips). Another thing that's sorely needed is tongue tie info. In Great Britain there is a special listing as to who is racing with them on. Give me the info and let me decide what to do with it.

Regards,

bdhsheets

PS: Zucker's an asshole for running the horse!!!!!!

Tom
04-11-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by bdhsheets
Observer!

What we'll hear again is that it's info we handicappers don't need (ala the nose strips). Another thing that's sorely needed is tongue tie info. In Great Britain there is a special listing as to who is racing with them on. Give me the info and let me decide what to do with it.

"Amen to that-tracks need to learn how to spell the word CUSTOMER-most don't"

PS: Zucker's an asshole for running the horse!!!!!!

Amen to that-mark this guy down as a loser-I expect he will turn up at Finger Lakes before too long-
Tom