PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a "conscience" when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck?

adwplayingfool
07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Virginia resident who gets ripped out of any chance at a decent rebate here by greedy source market fees. For the past few years I have played horses at ADW's exclusively although I play sports offshore. One such site that I use offers 7% rebates on most major tracks and 4% on NYRA however I have not used their horse service knowing money does not hit the pools. Should I feel like it is "not right" to take advantage of that rebate benefit because it takes funding away from the sport I love and am betting by not putting money in pari-mutuel? I mean the people who profit the most really care less about the sport and me as proven by their absurd management of the game. Any opinions? As far as payouts they are track odds up to limits based on the category they land but are more than fair and the site is well established and long track record so security of funds is no issue.

thaskalos
07-07-2011, 09:05 AM
My opinion is that you should be most loyal to your POCKETBOOK...and forget about the ethical dilemma of not having your "money hit the pools."

The horsemen and the racetracks have shown no loyalty whatsoever to the player...and the player owes them no loyalty in return.

My only concern would be the confiscation of my funds...given our government's recent stance concerning offshore betting accounts.

Rapid Grey
07-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I have a conscience and do not use offshore accounts or rebate shops. Without our gambling dollars professional sports teams would still exist. Without our gambling dollars racetracks wouldn't.

If others want to use them so be it, just don't get on your soapbox about higher takeouts from racetracks when they are just compensating for part of their lost handle from these outside sources of wagering.

pondman
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Any opinions?

I don't have any legal access to betting with rebates. If I could receive them I would.

A rebate isn't going to detrack from racing.

adwplayingfool
07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't have any legal access to betting with rebates. If I could receive them I would.

A rebate isn't going to detrack from racing.

The shop I am referring to is offshore, not an ADW. This does not however make it illegal, the only thing illegal about offshore gambling is them processing your deposit which is their violation, not you betting with them. In addition the WTO ruled in favor of offshore entities accepting wagers online saying that the US could not monopolize their client base and remain in compliance with trade pacts. I have no problem betting offshore and am not worried about my funds at this particular shop just feel a bit torn knowing they don't put into the pools and support the sport but rather book the bets and hope I lose. they rebate at an unheard of, at least in my jurisdiction, percentage though. And I don't really think most of the money being pulled out of the take in pools is being spent to help the sport very much either although a bit does trickle down to those who are the life blood.

thespaah
07-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Virginia resident who gets ripped out of any chance at a decent rebate here by greedy source market fees. For the past few years I have played horses at ADW's exclusively although I play sports offshore. One such site that I use offers 7% rebates on most major tracks and 4% on NYRA however I have not used their horse service knowing money does not hit the pools. Should I feel like it is "not right" to take advantage of that rebate benefit because it takes funding away from the sport I love and am betting by not putting money in pari-mutuel? I mean the people who profit the most really care less about the sport and me as proven by their absurd management of the game. Any opinions? As far as payouts they are track odds up to limits based on the category they land but are more than fair and the site is well established and long track record so security of funds is no issue.
You must ask yourself for whom you are wagering? Is it yourself or the horsemen? Then ask yourself, do the horsemen care if my money does not go into the PM pools?
Due to my location, I cannot wager on domestic sites so I must use an offshore book. I once got snapped at by a poster a few years ago after posting this admission.
That poster stated I was screwing the tracks by using an offshore book. Moron did not bother to read my entire post. I ignored the dolt.
I would rather use a domestic service. My choices are limited.

Robert Goren
07-09-2011, 07:45 AM
My decision to not play off shore has nothing to do with my "conscience". It has to do with getting my money. I played online poker off shore because I had no choice. I was always worried about my money and kept my balances very low. Unfortunately I was right to worry. You still have be careful with US based gambling operations, but they on the whole are less risky than those based oversea especially those based in some island country that you have never heard of or wouldn't want your daughter to visit. Greed and Gambling are seldom a good mix.
I am sure I hear somebody "I have dealt with this outfit for years and they have always paid". FTP always paid too until they didn't