PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony - The Making of a Murderer

Frank DeMartini
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
I have just written an article about the Media's effect on the pre-judgment of Casey Anthony:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/07/the-making-of-a-murderer/

cj's dad
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Very well done Frank.

She(CA) was pronounced guilty, by the media and so called experts, before the trial ever got underway.

Her defense team has no burden of proof. As you and others here are aware, the burden is on the prosecution team and they failed miserably, if in fact they had a case to begin with.

Tom
07-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Is there no burden of proof on a mother who cannot explain how her baby disappeared for a month while she was whoring and then lies to the police trying to investigate it? I say her rights are secondary to her child's in every case.

cj's dad
07-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Tom,

I agree 100% that she is a piece of garbage. MY ONLY point is that her going free is on the shoulders of the prosecution team and no one else.

cj's dad
07-07-2011, 08:26 AM
"Everyone wonders why we didn't speak to the media right away," Ford said. "It was because we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict. We were crying, and not just the women. It was emotional and we weren't ready. We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial."

the link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/casey-anthony-juror-sick-stomach-guilty-verdict/story?id=14005609

(http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/casey-anthony-juror-sick-stomach-guilty-verdict/story?id=14005609)

Tom
07-07-2011, 10:53 AM
A pox on every juror.
They were too chicken to make the decision they knew was right.

One of them is already negotiating an interview, but he wants a 5 digit pay check.

I have one digit for him right now.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 11:07 AM
The Jury Summons that the Jurors got are [U]allegedly going for big bucks??

slew101
07-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I hope he gets nothing. Nobody cares what he has to say.

Did you see photos of Anthony in court today? Hair down, looking pretty good. I think she was auditioning for something.

A pox on every juror.
They were too chicken to make the decision they knew was right.

One of them is already negotiating an interview, but he wants a 5 digit pay check.

I have one digit for him right now.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Heck she got a wedding proposal on tv from a fan!!!!!!!

Frank DeMartini
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
My article was not about the proof and/or innocence of Casey Anthony. Frankly, I think she beat a manslaughter charge. I do not think she was guilty of murder. My article is about the rush to crucify her by the media and the fact that she may not have been able to get a fair trial. There was no other point of the article. Remember, this country has one tenant in a criminal case, "innocent until proven guilty."

Unfortunately, the prosecution did not prove its case and Attorney Baez convinced them of a reasonable doubt.

Tom
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
We also, as a nation, frown upon killing your children. Unless you are a democrat, then it is encouraged.

Point being, her responsibilities as a mother far out weighed her rights as the accused. The 12 chickens were afraid to convict her on child abuse, which was extremely clear.

The doubt here was not reasonable in my opinion. I would not hesitate to juice the bitch and then go face my God with a clear conscience.

Grits
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
If this useless, partying tart, desiring the beautiful life (not remotely worthy of the distinction, "mother") had resided in the great state of Texas, she may well not be smiling . . . or walking. Texans who serve on a jury have a way of dispensing justice that no other state can quite compare to. I DO wish she had lived there. I really do.

canleakid
07-07-2011, 05:55 PM
If this useless, partying tart, desiring the beautiful life (not remotely worthy of the distinction, "mother") had resided in the great state of Texas, she may well not be smiling . . . or walking. Texans who serve on a jury have a way of dispensing justice that no other state can quite compare to. I DO wish she had lived there. I really do.

Gov. Rick thanks you ;)

Marshall Bennett
07-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Goes back a lot further than Rick. Don't mess with Texas!!!

Rapid Grey
07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I couldn't get past your first paragraph and the simpathy seeking photo of Casey Anthony beside it.

Tom
07-07-2011, 07:39 PM
She has changed her appearance now that that pesky little daughter of hers is out of the way.

Let the whoring begin!

What scares me the most about this whole thing is Juror #3.
People like her are allowed to vote, to breed, to walk among us.

A baby is found in a bag in a swamp with duct tape over her mouth and the mother repeatedly lied about it, and #3 says, we don't know she was murdered? It could have been an accident.

Warning - the damned duct tape can fall onto you and your ass is grass!

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2011, 12:09 AM
OK Tom. If the evidence presented to the jury was enough to convict, why didn't they? What's your theory, other than "they're stupid?"

She isn't a lovable character. She's not a celebrity football player. There was no threats of mafia retaliation. There is no charged racial tension about this case.

So why did the jury find her not guilty? What was THEIR motive?

Maybe, just maybe, the jurors followed the letter of the law, which is exactly what they were SUPPOSED to do...and maybe, just maybe, the prosecution's case sucked.

It's real easy to redboard this thing from where you are sitting. But if you're on that jury, it's a whole other ball of wax.

redshift1
07-08-2011, 03:50 AM
I know she's been under intense emotional pressure for several years but post murder acquital she has some odd smiles and expressions almost inappropriate for the circumstances. Maybe the question of mental competency was a real issue.

sammy the sage
07-08-2011, 06:38 AM
If I'm on that jury...we're still sitting til manslaughter or "hung" happens...PERIOD :bang:

Some of you and "those" jurer's need TO study reading comprehension BETTER...there's a BIG difference between:

A)reasonable doubt and
B) a reason to doubt...which some of you and the jury got into yore minds... :bang:

Tom
07-08-2011, 07:49 AM
OK Tom. If the evidence presented to the jury was enough to convict, why didn't they? What's your theory, other than "they're stupid?"

She isn't a lovable character. She's not a celebrity football player. There was no threats of mafia retaliation. There is no charged racial tension about this case.

So why did the jury find her not guilty? What was THEIR motive?

Maybe, just maybe, the jurors followed the letter of the law, which is exactly what they were SUPPOSED to do...and maybe, just maybe, the prosecution's case sucked.

It's real easy to redboard this thing from where you are sitting. But if you're on that jury, it's a whole other ball of wax.

No guts. They were afraid to make a decisive move without all the CSI type evidence.They lacked the backbone to stand up do the right thing.
Cowards, Morons, a bit of both, and surely the money for this verdict's tell-alls is larger than the expected one.

I understand the slut has rights, but at what point does she relinquish those rights? As the child's custodian, she has responsibilities as well, but that idea was lost in the shuffle. Her lying in the face of the facts of the case can only mean she is guilty. Dr. G hit the nail on the head - why three pieces of duct tape? That clearly was not an accident. she didnot testify in her defense, she allowed he attorney to accuse everyone in eyesight of doing it. You child is dead and obviously murdered, you have a responsibility.

What is the little girl had been abducted by a molester and was being held captive? The mother made no effort to get aid for for because why? Because she knew she was dead already. They found her not guilty of child abuse as well. Surely this was a given?

I think her appearance and demeanor in court yesterday tell me all I need to know about her.

I don't think it red boarding - I said fry her from day one. The system allowed a little girl to be savagely murdered and refuse to even hold the mother accountable for not cooperating in finding out how.

I can live without that kind of a justice system.

rastajenk
07-08-2011, 08:07 AM
If I'm on that jury...we're still sitting til manslaughter or "hung" happens...PERIOD :bang: :Yes sir.

This may be a kind of redboarding....it's certainly easier for me sitting here rather than in the jury room after weeks of conflicting testimony...but if the jurors are not pleased with the consequences of their following the law, they could have let themselves not reach a verdict. Then the prosecution might have learned from its mistakes and done better (read: aimed lower) in a second trial.

There was a recent murder case locally, the Widmer drowning case (http://www.wlwt.com/news/26862355/detail.html), where the defendant was tried three times. The first was nulled by juror misconduct, the second was hung, and the third was a conviction.

I think I heard that the initial vote was 10-2 for acquittal. That those two caved after such a short time is indefensible.

The law allows for accidents to happen. The law doesn't allow for the evidence of an accident to be altered to make it appear as something it wasn't. They should have hung in order to get a re-trial, if they truly believe the defendant is guilty of something, rather than letting her off on the cheap. The explanation of the one juror to come forth is totally unfathomable.

Grits
07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
One could travel back, not at all as far as the trial of Sam Sheppard in the 50s in order to recall a trial that garnered much greater nationwide attention. A trial in which the decision is still fought. As indicated many today were not even alive in the 50s.

Green Beret Captain, Jeffrey McDonald's case has involved more than one trial, the first of which was a military tribunal. The jury members have gotten his sentence right. He has also entered repeated appeals. He's still appealing the decision, including that handed down by the Supreme Court.

MacDonald murdered his wife and two daughters in their Fort Bragg home. The public outcry was tremendous without benefit of internet, FB, Twitter, etc. MacDonald has maintained HIS innocence. He's done so for 41 years, claiming four crazed, drugged hippies entered his home in a Manson like fury, killing his wife and his two daughters. MacDonald, too, an unmoved sociopath.

Investigative journalist and author, Joe McGinniss wrote, Fatal Vision,. It would be fine to see Casey Anthony get, not only the same book deal, but the very same author.

Yep, I hope she strikes that book deal with no other than Joe McGinniss.

http://www.joemcginniss.net/the-1989-epilogue

http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.com/html/transcripts.html