PDA

View Full Version : The Obama doctrine

ArlJim78
07-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Frank Gaffney has written a piece (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/5/obamas-destructive-foreign-policy/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS)which defines the Obama doctrine in 9 words.

Embolden our enemies.
Undermine our friends.
Diminish our country.

I've been saying the same thing for some time. The result is not in doubt, although some will say it's happened despite the best intentions. BS. From the beginning this has been the desired result.

The outlines of an Obama Doctrine have been apparent for some time. It can be summarized in nine damning words: Embolden our enemies. Undermine our friends. Diminish our country. These days, it is hard to avoid proof that these outcomes are not inadvertent or attributable to sheer and sustained incompetence. Rather, they are a product of deliberate decisions approved, we must assume, by the president himself.

Consider last week’s announcement by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that the United States was going to “engage” the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. In one fell swoop, Team Obama hit its doctrinal trifecta:

more at the link;
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/5/obamas-destructive-foreign-policy/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Tom
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
That sounds
pretty much
like what
he is doing.

mostpost
07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Frank Gaffney has written a piece (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/5/obamas-destructive-foreign-policy/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS)which defines the Obama doctrine in 9 words.

Embolden our enemies.
Undermine our friends.
Diminish our country.

I've been saying the same thing for some time. The result is not in doubt, although some will say it's happened despite the best intentions. BS. From the beginning this has been the desired result.

more at the link;
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/5/obamas-destructive-foreign-policy/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Emboldened our enemies by killing the leader of those enemies, Osama bin Laden. Emboldened our enemies by killing Al Qaeda's military leader and bin Laden's heir apparent, Muhommad ilyas Kashmiri. Emboldened our enemies by killing one of the two top Taliban leaders in Afghanistan, Quri Hussein Mahsud.
Emboldened our enemies by killing the shadow governor of Kundar (Afghanistan), Maalvi Buhadan. Emboldened our enemy, Mohamar Khadaffi, by supporting the rebels in Libya. Emboldened our enemies in Syria by supporting the rebels fighting against the al Hassad dictatorship.
Damn you Barack Obama!! Stop emboldening our enemies. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Opening a dialogue with the Muslim brotherhood is not emboldening our enemies. It is a practical step taken with regards to an organization which does and will have a great deal of influence in Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood is not Al Qaeda. It is not the Taliban.

Undermined our friends by involving them in discussions before taking action.
Something the previous administration did not do. Undermined our friends by not taking unilateral action. Something the previous administration did do.
Frank Gaffney is a rabidly conservative political hack. In other words he fits perfectly with the folks you normally read.

Sugar Ron
07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Too funny

Like I said before, BO could find a cure for all cancers and PATHETIC cons like this Gaffney clown and that Kuhner loser that writes for that rag would still find a way to knock him for it.

FantasticDan
07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I particularly enjoyed the :D part where Obama's "diminishing of America" included the retiring of the aging space shuttles, something that was planned yrs ago during the GWB admin.

rastajenk
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Emboldened our enemy, Mohamar Khadaffi, by supporting the rebels in Libya. We don't even know who they are. That enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend business can get produce some nasty unintended consequences.

Tom
07-06-2011, 02:33 PM
We don't even know who they are. That enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend business can get produce some nasty unintended consequences.

Ya think?
Let's see...Afghanistan, 1980s.
How'd that work out in the long run?

mostpost
07-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I particularly enjoyed the :D part where Obama's "diminishing of America" included the retiring of the aging space shuttles, something that was planned yrs ago during the GWB admin.
There ya go again. Letting the facts get in the way of a good opinion. :eek:

bigmack
07-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Let's see. I don't see FanDan calling out SugRon for 'attacking the messenger' and clearly, BO could have overturned the shuttle closure if he wanted.

Weird.

Tom
07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
So far, Obama has been nothing but Bush II and the libs here seem proud to point that out. :D

boxcar
07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Opening a dialogue with the Muslim brotherhood is not emboldening our enemies. It is a practical step taken with regards to an organization which does and will have a great deal of influence in Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood is not Al Qaeda. It is not the Taliban.

You're right. It is not. But it's just as radical if we are to believe their motto:

“Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.”

May the God of heaven grant them their "highest hope"! Historically, he has had a way accommodating people's wishes. We can only hope that this will be the case with these whackos.!

Boxcar

ArlJim78
07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
the Muslim Brotherhood differs from al-qaeda only in tactics. they share the same goals. the Obama doctrine has cleared the way for Islamic states to flourish across north Africa, while backing Israel into a corner as much as possible and paying lip service to Iran and Syria. the stated goal of the MB is to convert what they consider the illegitimate regimes of Egypt and Libya to proper Islamic states, eliminate the state of Israel and ultimately spread sharia law across Europe and eventually America. no secularism, freedom of thought, or democracy.
fortunately for them we in the west have legions of useful idiots who have been very accomodating in helping them to reach their goals.

DJofSD
07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
They're worse than useful idiots. They're traitors, plain and simple.

cj's dad
07-06-2011, 08:48 PM
From Mosties posts, I am starting to believe that if he were alive in the 40's-50's he would have been spinning the murder of 6M Jews.

Poor Adolph was misunderstood. :eek:

mostpost
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Let's see. I don't see FanDan calling out SugRon for 'attacking the messenger' and clearly, BO could have overturned the shuttle closure if he wanted.

Weird.

Pointing out that someone has written something that is factually incorrect is not "attacking the messenger." Pointing out that Gaffney's opinion is not based on fact is not "Attacking the Messenger."

As for the retirement of the Space Shuttle, that was decided during Bush's term and it was a good idea then. It was also a good idea for Obama to not change the decision. The Space Shuttles did not have an unlimited lifespan. The loss of Challenger and Columbia put an added burden on the three remaining shuttles.

The problem lies in the fact that neither Bush nor Obama has come up with a suitable replacement.

Tom
07-06-2011, 10:06 PM
What space vehicles to the democrats use to bring their leaders here from Mars? we could use that.