PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to win ?

BJK
07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Is it possible to beat the horses without a Rebate ? And even if you get a Rebate can you beat the Robotic players ?

pondman
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Is it possible to beat the horses without a Rebate ? And even if you get a Rebate can you beat the Robotic players ?

I'm trying to move underground and become more anonymous, and would like to make all my win bets at the window. I don't like paper trails.

I do bet on xpressbet (when I have to), but there are no rebates in California.

Robots?

I think it's more imaginative than real. Gaming commissions watch for betting and unbetting.

JustRalph
07-05-2011, 04:23 PM

It is so far this year.......but last year? Not so much :lol:

Horseplayersbet.com
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
It is so far this year.......but last year? Not so much :lol:
I think as handle numbers continue to shrink, the more difficult it is to win. So I think you are right.

Stillriledup
07-05-2011, 04:56 PM
The bigger the betting handle, the easier it is to win. With small pools, you're just betting against the very best players, the hard core guys who bet every day. When the pools are huge, that means just a ton of 'different opinions' and in order to actually hold your own in the betting game, you need to be betting into races where 'everyone has an opinion'.

This is why the Ky Derby is so popular....lots of 'different opinions' that are backed up with SERIOUS cash...this permits bettors to actually crush something they like and get paid handsomely if they win.

In a weekday exacta pool at Laurel Park or Finger Lakes, you can't crush anything, the smallness of the pools (relatively) eats you up, you win too much of your 'own money'.

Anyone know when the US is going to be able to comingle with Hong Kong?

Thanks.

Tape Reader
07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I think that it is possible with an auto-bet program.

therussmeister
07-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes, it is possible to win without a rebate.

On Spec
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm trying to move underground and become more anonymous, and would like to make all my win bets at the window. I don't like paper trails.

I do bet on xpressbet (when I have to), but there are no rebates in California.

Robots?

I think it's more imaginative than real. Gaming commissions watch for betting and unbetting.

If I'm not out of line, can I ask why you want to be more anonymous? Doesn't that mean you wouldn't be able to bet online? How much would you be betting, and wouldn't large sums of cash present a security problem of its own?

I apologize in advance if I've stepped over the line.