PDA

View Full Version : LS

mannyberrios
07-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Who owns Lone Star Park?

speed
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Who owns Lone Star Park?
When i went 2 lonestarpark.com and checked the bottom of the home page, it says Global Gaming.

mannyberrios
07-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Thank You!

lamboguy
07-04-2011, 09:00 PM
does anyone know if BILL ALLEN still has any type of ownership in RETAMA PARK, and if he does, is he allowed in the place these days?

ElKabong
07-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Today's "note" on carrel tabletops at LS stated that ...

1-Global Gaming owns LS.

2-The Post Time Pavillion ("PTP", the simo bldg) will be shut down for renovations after 7-18. The 1rst and 2nd floor of the main grandstand w/b open for simulcasting while the renovations are being done. Est date of completion is sometime "this Fall".

Heard 2nd hand news (i.e., grain of salt) that the so called renovation is to add a 2nd floor to the PTP. The 2nd floor will be used temporarily for slots IF and when that ever gets passed here. It will give slot players a place to play slots whilst a new bldg w/ likely be built on the site somewhere....but until slots get passed, it will be used for simulcasting.

If this state ever passed slots, it would be a massive deal here. Not sure how much Austin would "help" horsemen from slot$, but the business of racing here would be something to behold. From ashes, to maybe the 3rd best "circuit" in a 2-3 yr period

mannyberrios
07-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Thank you for that information. Lone Star was owned by MEC, and now things are looking good out there. I hope that everything works out there