PDA

View Full Version : Billy Clinton Gets It

bigmack
07-04-2011, 05:19 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/BillyC.png

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58275.html

mosty, NJ, Goren & others will never get it.

Tom
07-04-2011, 05:23 PM
There goes his DNC card. :D

HUSKER55
07-04-2011, 05:45 PM
you're just guessing :D

Robert Goren
07-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I have no problem going to the 25% rate if they closed all the loop holes and kept them closed. Reagan tried that, but somehow the loop holes came back but the tax rate did not go back up every time they created a new loop hole. Low corporate tax rates are not the end all of end alls. Ireland has a corporate tax rate of 15% and they are in almost as bad as shape as Greece.

Robert Goren
07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I personally favor raising the corporate tax, but eliminating the tax on dividends. Reward the American investors.

bigmack
07-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Ireland has a corporate tax rate of 15% and they are in almost as bad as shape as Greece.
Get a clue. You've yapped about Ireland and their low Corp tax rate. It has single-handedly brought a major boon for the country.

You're extremely confused if you think IRE Corp tax rate has anything to do with their current down turn.

I personally favor raising the corporate tax, but eliminating the tax on dividends. Reward the American investors.
Take a few minutes out of your life, watch this, & get hip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7360932n

Tom
07-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Bobby, I agree about loop holes.
Corporate - 25% nothing else - period.
Personal - 10%, nothing else period.

No need for a page 2 in the tax code.
No need for a full sixes sheet of paper.
Print it out on business cards and enforce it.

Robert Goren
07-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Get a clue. You've yapped about Ireland and their low Corp tax rate. It has single-handedly brought a major boon for the country.

You're extremely confused if you think IRE Corp tax rate has anything to do with their current down turn. If Ireland is in a boom, I hate to see a bust. If Greece, It is toss up whether Spain or Ireland is next. The point is that the low corporate tax rate did not prevent the down turn like the Irish politicians promised the Irish people when they passed it ten years ago. That is what is promised here too. I believe in learning from other people's mistakes.

bigmack
07-04-2011, 07:38 PM
If Ireland is in a boom, I hate to see a bust. If Greece, It is toss up whether Spain or Ireland is next.
With all due respect, haven't you heard that most Euro countries are in trouble? How do you make the jump to point a finger at IRE corp tax rates as the culprit when it is the one thing that they have going for them?

You're not simple enough to equate the economic downturn in their banking institutions with corp tax rates as a stab in the dark blame game, are you? Just to settle this once and for all, bring some evidence to back-up your, what I believe to be, misguided position.

Robert Goren
07-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Like in Greece, It is Irish government bonds that may go into default. It has nothing do with banks except those dumb enough to hold their government bonds might end up with nothing. That includes some US banks as well as Irish and other European banks. I am not sure what Irish government bonds are paying right now, but in Greece it is 18%. I willing to bet a couple of bucks that well that is way above what US government bonds are paying.

bigmack
07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Like in Greece, It is Irish government bonds that may go into default. It has nothing do with banks except those dumb enough to hold their government bonds might end up with nothing. That includes some US banks as well as Irish and other European banks. I am not sure what Irish government bonds are paying right now, but in Greece it is 18%. I willing to bet a couple of bucks that well that is way above what US government bonds are paying. :confused:

Sir - Do you, or do you not have ANY evidence the corp tax rate in IRE has ANYTHING to do with their current situation?

newtothegame
07-04-2011, 07:57 PM
:confused:

Sir - Do you, or do you not have ANY evidence the corp tax rate in IRE has ANYTHING to do with their current situation?

Expecting Robert to come with actual facts and proof is like....well waiting for nothing! You will get the same result either way! :lol:

Robert Goren
07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Irish 10 year note 12.97%
US 10 year note 3.125%
It is clear that the reason the are in trouble is because debit is so high. I know that the conservatives will say spending is too high. The Irish Politicians promised if the corporate tax rate were cut the increase in business would more than make up for it and they could keep their spending programs. They got a little boost for a while and in 2005 it looked like it might work. Then came recession of 2008 and everything went to pot in a hurry.

Shemp Howard
07-04-2011, 08:03 PM
And what is Omama's plan?

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told the House Small Business Committee on Wednesday that the Obama administration believes taxes on small business must increase so the administration does not have to “shrink the overall size of government programs.”
The administration’s plan to raise the tax rate on small businesses is part of its plan to raise taxes on all Americans who make more than $250,000 per year — including businesses that file taxes the same way individuals and families do.

Robert Goren
07-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Expecting Robert to come with actual facts and proof is like....well waiting for nothing! You will get the same result either way! :lol: Not enough revenue coming in, that is a problem everywhere right now. Now I will put a challenge to you. Show me a time when cutting tax rates brought the US out a recession when they were not accompanied by large increases in government deficit spending. Go ahead Google away. I have and could not find one case where that happened. Maybe you will better luck. Enough of this for now, I have some possible jumper races to look at.
P.S. I do post results for them there.

bigmack
07-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Irish 10 year note 12.97%
US 10 year note 3.125%
:bang: Could you be any more inane?

Buh Bye, Bubby.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15200000/Olivia-d-Abo-nicole-wallace-15288142-305-320.jpg

NoDayJob
07-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Bobby, I agree about loop holes.
Corporate - 25% nothing else - period.
Personal - 10%, nothing else period.

No need for a page 2 in the tax code.
No need for a full sixes sheet of paper.
Print it out on business cards and enforce it.

Hmmm, that being the case, we wouldn't need all those legislators in
Washington and in the various state capitals. Send them all a packin'.
Mac Donald's could hire them. Nah, that wouldn't work!

Tom
07-05-2011, 07:38 AM
MacDonald's has too many people now - they done got stimulated last month!

elysiantraveller
07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Not enough revenue coming in, that is a problem everywhere right now. Now I will put a challenge to you. Show me a time when cutting tax rates brought the US out a recession when they were not accompanied by large increases in government deficit spending. Go ahead Google away. I have and could not find one case where that happened. Maybe you will better luck. Enough of this for now, I have some possible jumper races to look at.
P.S. I do post results for them there.

I'm going to keep posting this as long as people still keep arguing about tax brackets...

Obama's White House Commission on Fiscal Responbility (http://www.fiscalcommission.gov/sites/fiscalcommission.gov/files/documents/TheMomentofTruth12_1_2010.pdf)

He continues to ignore his own commission... and so does the Democratic Party.

According to his own commission the corporate tax rate should be no lower than 23% and no greater than 29%....