PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Revue/Google TV/Twinspires

ranchwest
07-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Does anyone have this combination? Can you watch the Twinspires live race videos through Chrome?

What do you think of Google TV?

chickenhead
07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
I've used Google tv to access twinspires, works great. There is a big sw update coming this summer and some new devices, you might want to hold off a few months to get the next hw revision.

ranchwest
07-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks!

What I'm hearing is a SW update only.

I know what the complaints are, but I think I still want it anyway.

chickenhead
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm happy with mine fwiw, but the sw update should be a big improvement.

ranchwest
07-19-2011, 06:08 PM
I got the Revue and so far I like it. I especially like using the keyboard and the big screen TV with YouTube. Lots of interesting music stuff on YouTube.

TwinSpires works better than on my laptop.

chickenhead
07-24-2011, 09:05 AM
I agree, having full Youtube on the TV and having a keyboard is pretty much the killer feature for Gtv at the moment. I've spent a lot more time on Youtube setting up subscriptions and searching out channels that are interesting and setting it up to be useful. A lot of good content on Youtube.

I've also used their rental feature several times recently for new movies, works well.

I've found myself getting a little tired of Netflix streaming. I think I've watched just about everything I can think of, they don't seem to be adding new content to streaming at anywhere near the rate they need to. It's turning into a dry hole.