PDA

View Full Version : Sir David Frost paid to promote Gaddafi

ElKabong
07-04-2011, 12:36 PM
For all you libbys saying "there's no media bias", this is further proof that line of thinking is bullshit.

I guess a lot of folks made some car payments off the Palin beatdown of 2008-9.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8613991/Sir-David-Frost-paid-to-promote-Gaddafi.html

snippage>

The broadcaster was among a number of influential people in the west recruited by the US based Monitor Group to help enhance the profile of Libya between 2006 and 2009 when Muammar Gaddafi was attempting to improve international relations.

In addition to Sir David Frost, documents released by the Monitor Group, reveal that Anthony Giddens, a former director of the London School of Economics (LSE), who was ennobled by Tony Blair, was also on the payroll.

Lord Giddens was paid £41,500 after making two visits to Tripoli during which he took part in a public discussion alongside an American academic, chaired by Sir David
snip

Rookies
07-04-2011, 02:01 PM
There is an old Con Prime Minister, who performed the third party of the Axis of Con :D triumvirate in the 80s with Thatcher & Reagan. ( At his political end, Lyin' Brian was despised across the country and his party reduced to 2 seats from 169. Later he was found to have accepted $100k in exchange for services and paid from a brown paper bag.:lol: But I digress).

Mulroney was not short of great political lines. Early in his career, he had this one, about an opposition pol who left the service of Canada for an ambassador's appointment.

" There's no whore, like an old whore. "

Step up to the plate, David Frost.

Tom
07-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I cannot understand why we never killed that POS years ago.
Did anyone really ever have any doubt who was behind the Pan Am attack?

Clearly, this country needs to hire some who knows how to deal with terrorism because we have no friggin clue.

HUSKER55
07-04-2011, 05:50 PM
amen to that!