PDA

View Full Version : Holy Ego in Belmont Finale, 7/3

Ocala Mike
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Was looking for a "board play" in an unfathomable (to me) turf race. Noticed an early $7,000 show bet placed on this horse who was, I believe, about 6/1 on the board at that time. Played him to win and in some exactas (which I lost); horse came back $10.60 straight.

To me, an unusual move that I spotted paid off; anyone else notice the bet? I usually track double and P/3 will pays to spot "live" horses, but maybe I'll watch the place and show pools from now on also.

Ocala Mike

slew101
07-03-2011, 11:24 PM
All I knew was to bet against Seattle Mission, now a loser of 7 straight races at 2-1 or less and a beaten favorite in six of them.

The theory I saw in that race was the jockey who just lost on a huge favorite the race before often comes back and wins the next race at a decent price.

Was looking for a "board play" in an unfathomable (to me) turf race. Noticed an early $7,000 show bet placed on this horse who was, I believe, about 6/1 on the board at that time. Played him to win and in some exactas (which I lost); horse came back $10.60 straight.

To me, an unusual move that I spotted paid off; anyone else notice the bet? I usually track double and P/3 will pays to spot "live" horses, but maybe I'll watch the place and show pools from now on also.

Ocala Mike

turfbar
07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
3rd start off layoff

jorcus
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Ocala Mike

Maybe it was that guy who bet 10k to show at River Downs. :)