PDA

View Full Version : Novak Djokovic

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2011, 11:46 AM
The world's new #1 mens tennis player and now Wimbledon champion.

The Nadal-Federer rivalry really hasn't materialized as Roger is slipping a bit, but a Nadal-Djokovic rivalry may be brewing, and it looks like a good one.

And then there's poor Andy Murray, who has a fantastic game, but happened to come along at the same time as the above mentioned 3 guys. He reminds me of Hana Mandlikova, an awesome womens player in the 80's who was overshadowed by Martina and Chrissie. She hardly won anything of significance; looks like Murray may suffer the same fate.

But back to Djokovic...talk about a dude on a roll, in the zone, all that. Lost only one match this year.
Amazing...really looking forward to the US Open in New York.
Maybe, just maybe, if the cards play out right, I will be going to Flushing Meadows this year. Fingers crossed.

Congrats to Novak Djokovic :ThmbUp:
Nadal's no sucker and he handled him nicely.

dav4463
07-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Djokovic reminds me of Ivan Lendl. He just does his job on the court and is not flashy. He's boring to the casual fan. I enjoy watching him play. He just keeps getting better.

cj
07-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Djokovic reminds me of Ivan Lendl. He just does his job on the court and is not flashy. He's boring to the casual fan. I enjoy watching him play. He just keeps getting better.

If Lendl moved on the court as well as Djokovic, he'd have won 25 Grand Slam titles.