PDA

View Full Version : Ben Franklin Final @ Chester

toetoe
07-03-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm taking a swing with Atochia. Georgie Nap will drive aggressively, and maybe cover will materialize. I know he'll be an astronomical price. 4-year-old We Will See, also a son of Dragon Again, is my backup. If he's good enough, he'll get the lion's share of $500,000 (!).

Conspicuously absent is Giddy Up Lucky, who took the easy route and jogged in the $52,000 open at Yonkers Saturday ( :sleeping: ). The astounding part is that he paid $3.70 !!! $2.20 would be an overlay.

willphorse
07-03-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm taking a swing with Atochia. Georgie Nap will drive aggressively, and maybe cover will materialize. I know he'll be an astronomical price. 4-year-old We Will See, also a son of Dragon Again, is my backup. If he's good enough, he'll get the lion's share of $500,000 (!).

Conspicuously absent is Giddy Up Lucky, who took the easy route and jogged in the $52,000 open at Yonkers Saturday ( :sleeping: ). The astounding part is that he paid $3.70 !!! $2.20 would be an overlay.

Toetoe...

Love following your selections, and def. wish you the best.

This is a big race, and should offer some great value, and I'm pretty sure there is a $20,000 guaranteed Exacta pool?

Tough race to handicap.

First off, top selection goes to 2 We Will See. True speed horse, who has left in all of last 3 races. Pierce has finished 1st or 2nd in every start in the bike with this horse. Gets better post today.

Also, can't knock 3 Aracache Hanover, with the addition of Tim Tetrick. Looks like this 4 yr old is coming into form at the right time.

Exacta possibilities is the 8 Won The West, who has won the last 2 races convincingly. Bad post though in this big race. Big mile at Mohawk 2 back.

This race looks like 2-3-8 From my standpoint.

Good Luck ToeToe!

toetoe
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Don't know what happened to Lotta Kash's reply, but I agree that the odds were strange early on. I also promise that I would not take Atochia at 11/1. I was expecting 30/1.

We Will See got the perfect trip, but he had the ability to maneuver for it. I even expected higher than 5/2.

The sad truth is that nobody in the South Point racebook complained that Leo had a midcard Hollywood race on the big screen instead of the Franklin. :(

LottaKash
07-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Don't know what happened to Lotta Kash's reply, but I agree that the odds were strange early on. I also promise that I would not take Atochia at 11/1. I was expecting 30/1.

We Will See got the perfect trip, but he had the ability to maneuver for it. I even expected higher than 5/2.

The sad truth is that nobody in the South Point racebook complained that Leo had a midcard Hollywood race on the big screen instead of the Franklin. :(

Hey Toe, don't know what happened to the post, either....I went to amend it a bit, and then it was gone....A senior moment ?...

best,

LottaKash
07-04-2011, 01:32 AM
First off, top selection goes to 2 We Will See. True speed horse, who has left in all of last 3 races. Pierce has finished 1st or 2nd in every start in the bike with this horse. Gets better post today.

Nice Call Willphorse....I like this horse he is always trying hard....and he "did" have the perfect trip....After last week's bruiser this guy deserved it....

best,

mrroyboy
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
The odds were strange but the top 2 horses were both bet down late and finished 1-2. I am not saying theres anything going on but at Yonkers horses are bet down when they don't figure to be. But what scares me is not that these horses win but they go out for the lead and none of the other drivers make a move. That's the scary part

mrroyboy
07-04-2011, 06:09 PM

Toe do you live here in Vegas or were you just visiting South Point?

toetoe
07-07-2011, 01:56 AM
I live near Sunset Park. I work at South Point.