PDA

View Full Version : Editorial by Igeteven about Cal Racing

Igeteven
07-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Editorial by Igeteven about Cal Racing,

People don't get me wrong on this, I love Cal Racing, I have been going to HP and Santa Anita for over 30 years, and I have seen a lot of changes taken place.

First of all, I have quit playing Cal Tracks until they make major changes to please the customer.

As the old saying goes, I love Cal Racing, however, how does Cal Racing care about me. They could careless. That's how I look at it and a lot of other players.

What they care about is only the big players, who could careless about the average player. If one plays big, they will bend over backwards to give you the first class treatment or give you the keys to the candy jar. Right now, it's almost impossible to hit anything that is good. The big ones on the pick 3, pick 4 or the pick 5 goes to the high end players, as to the pick 6, yes one can hit a small one, but the big ones go to Maine most of the time due to their set up and rebate program.

Now to Hana, Roger W, and Andy C, these people have put in thousand of man hours to improve the game here and nothing really has been done, We see nothing but turmoil from the track management and lies from the TOC, I truly believe they will have a reduction in take out for the high end player, and then when handle is still down, they will increase it again. So Hana will win a battle but lose the war.

Cal Racing is like a old house waiting to be bulldoze and indeed it must be, half the people live in the past and half accept they way it is, however, there is no new people coming on board.

I have personally talked to every track president and I get the same old excuse, my hands are tied. I say BS to this, if they wanted to change the system out here, They could if they had the guts to do so, they would all band together and get in front of the CHRB and tell them how it is, however they are afraid of the TOC and what payback they would receive back from the TOC or they are happy the way it's. This track management will not comment on.

Me personally, I would shut them down, all 3 of the major tracks to get the message across. Then owners who are paying 4 grand a month so stable a horse, would come down very hard on the trainers and the TOC.

As of know they don't have the guts to do nothing but make the life of the average player very miserable and forcing them play somewhere else. And yes they have, Ky, Fla, and New York and why not. What has the race track out here done for us, Nothing except fan appreciation day, with a bunch of junk from china that no player wants and ends up on e bay, So I say , take it where the sun doesn't shine.

The 3 major tracks can run full fields if they wanted too, all they have to do is reduce the purse size and horse would be coming out of the woodwork to run. Our fairs out here have full fields, but the 3 major tracks, hell no due to dealing only with the rich owners, Breeders and trainers.

So I believe, they're happy the way it is. Del Mar has come up with 2 new bets, one is so ridiculous I can't believe they even came up with the idea, the other bet, is the pick 5.

Again, one must play a huge ticket to win big in the long run, yes, one can hit like the pick 6, on a 24 dollar ticket, but one must be extremely lucky to hit and I know horse players can have the worst like in the world. Here we are fighting the Track, and it's manipulation of races, short fields, jockey races, etc. I can see why we run and don't walk.

So even with the reduction in take out, they expect the average player to come back crawling on his hands and knees, Hell No!

Who in the hell wants to play here, their betting menu is horrible and how they have treated us. Remember the cost of a bet is way too much in California compare to other States.

So let the whole damn thing implode and we can start over again.

So people, don't ask me for an answer to anything, just put an opinion down.

Stillriledup
07-03-2011, 02:01 AM
They bend over backwards for big players? What do they consider a 'big player' and what do big players get?

Good writeup Lester.

Igeteven
07-03-2011, 02:49 AM
They bend over backwards for big players? What do they consider a 'big player' and what do big players get?

Good writeup Lester.

I hope someone can answer it. What I have notice that they eat the small fish and enjoy it.

andymays
07-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Hunch Play of the Day.

Got Even in the 6th at Hollywood Park.??????????????????

Igeteven
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Hunch Play of the Day.

Got Even in the 6th at Hollywood Park.??????????????????

I will play it Andy, thanks

andymays
07-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I will play it Andy, thanks

Don't thank me until it wins. Good Luck. Kisses for Kate in the 9th never had a chance to run in her last. Watch the video. Should move up a ton today.

Igeteven
07-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Don't thank me until it wins. Good Luck. Kisses for Kate in the 9th never had a chance to run in her last. Watch the video. Should move up a ton today.

I will not hold it against you, if it wins, I will buy the beer, if it loses, you buy the coke. :D :D :D

Igeteven
07-03-2011, 02:40 PM
As to Hana and their Reps

I goofed, I am referring to Andy A or andymays, not Andy C

Stillriledup
07-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Makes you wonder why they're dropping into a claimer if she's so good. :rolleyes:

andymays
07-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Makes you wonder why they're dropping into a claimer if she's so good. :rolleyes:

She is being dropped by the Owner/Breeder where she finished 10th of 11. She most likely won't be claimed but if they get 40k for her I don't think they'll be crying. If she wins and gets claimed they get well over 50k for her. If she wins and airs without being claimed they can run her up the ladder and take advantage of all the Cal Bred bonuses.

There is no downside to this spot for them.

Stillriledup
07-03-2011, 04:05 PM
She is being dropped by the Owner/Breeder where she finished 10th of 11. She most likely won't be claimed but if they get 40k for her I don't think they'll be crying. If she wins and gets claimed they get well over 50k for her. If she wins and airs without being claimed they can run her up the ladder and take advantage of all the Cal Bred bonuses.

There is no downside to this spot for them.

Tough race, GL with the pick, i'll be rooting for you!