PDA

View Full Version : Need your help in ....

RaceTrackDaddy
07-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Need your help in getting the word out to those you see at the track or simuclast centers.

The Meadows makes over 120 million dollars in the slot revenue and tens of millions from tablegames each year. Now The Meadows raised their retention rate on the Trifecta wagers to 35%. In other words, the Meadows desires to be the highest taxed mutual pool in North America. Only one other track is also that high, that is Pocono Downs. Instead of removing their track from our site, we suggest that all patrons for both Pocono Downs and The Meadows boycott the Trifecta wagers. Paying out 65-cents on every dollar wagered is highway robbery and the Pennsylvania Racing Commission and Legislature permit these usury taxation fees on all trifecta pools at the Meadows and Pocono Downs. We have no control over the rates offered by the tracks; but we have a say in where we spend our money. Boycott the trifecta wagers at both Pocono Downs and The Meadows rip-off tracks.

Ray2000
07-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Bob

not sure if this change by Pocono is still in effect or not.

http://cangamble.blogspot.com/2010/07/heat-is-on-pocono-downs-lowers-takeout.html

Some one needs to send a boiler-plate email to all tracks to get their reponse to take out rates. I'm too busy. HANA?

RaceTrackDaddy
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Was informed that Pocono lowered their rates to 25% last season but no one knows if it remained there. As for now, I am waiting for confirmation on their rates at Pokie. I called the mutal department at 724-225-9300 and they confirmed the 35% rate on the Trifecta Pools. Boycott is presently at the Meadows only.

Thank you Ray, Pandy informed me on his Yahoo group. I emailed Pokie and am waiting...thanks again.
bobby z

RaceTrackDaddy
07-02-2011, 04:27 PM
good news for Pocono Downs players....they kept last year's reduction...current retention rates are:
Win Place and Show – All Races at 19%
Exactas All Races at 20%
Trifectas and Superfectas - All Races at 25%
Pick 3 and 4’s – Varies at 25%
Thank you goes out to Sonia at Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs for the info..

BOYCOTT ONLY THE MEADOWS TRIFECTA wagers!