PDA

View Full Version : How do males and females compare?

keithw84
07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
If males and females regularly competed against each other on dirt, about how would they compare with each other? For example, would an average G1-winning female be about evenly matched with an average G2-winning male? what difference would distance and age make?

skate
07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
from what i've hurd...females start to slow up on their figures at about 2 1/2 to 3 years of age.

males start to slow up at about 4 1/2.

and the reason for Gelds is that they start to slow at about 5 1/2 years.

it is a little fine tuning but that's what the figures show, as all the figures are fluid, except for the odds.

also...adjustments are/can be made when female to male, such as weight.

skate
07-01-2011, 04:41 PM
one other figure, it has been shown that a male will always win against a female except when the first letter in the name is "Z", that's structuality.

Some_One
07-01-2011, 05:03 PM
On average, looking at the HSH pars, 5 lengths difference.

sonnyp
07-01-2011, 05:09 PM
2 yo fillies, i believe, fit well with the colts. raw speed and short distances help in the equation. the older they get and the farther they go, the tables shift, in my opinion, to colts and horses in general.

the biggest thing with the fillies and mares, again my opinion, is their inconsistency relative to the colts. i believe, coming into "heat" and cycling is the major factor in their performances being uneven.

one thing about a top, tough racemare....shuvee,tawee,rachel,zenyatta,see you at peelers, etc. they thoroughly dominate their own kind.

classhandicapper
07-01-2011, 05:53 PM
the older they get and the farther they go, the tables shift, in my opinion, to colts and horses in general.

I agree.

IMO fillies mature sooner (2YOs and early 3YOs) and on dirt they are more competitive at the sprint distances than at classic distances. They are also more competitive on turf.