PDA

View Full Version : Strauss-Kahn Case Collapsing ?

redshift1
07-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Maid has "issues" recalling the finer points of each of her many versions.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/30/new.york.strauss.kahn/index.html

lamboguy
07-01-2011, 06:50 AM
i couldn't find it, but i had another thread started when this all took place a few months ago. i had my serious doubts about it then, and now this comes up.

the new head of the IMF just started work this week, and mr. kahn will probably not be next president of france either. but the gal that accused him got more money in her bank account.

file this under "as the world turns" folder

canleakid
07-01-2011, 07:28 AM
the FIX, PAYOFF what ever word we use has been done same old story money talks when you can buy all the bull$hit you need :lol:

ArlJim78
07-01-2011, 09:07 AM
right from the beginning it smelled like a takedown. the new IMF chief was appointed on Tuesday, then suddenly on Thursday we hear the case against DSK has major problems? he surely is a creepy elitist but I think this was an orchestrated hitjob.

lamboguy
07-01-2011, 09:23 AM
the lady that took over his job just came back from a trip to india and china. put that together with the possibliity of tim geitner stepping down, the end of QE2 today, and the smackdown of real money vs. fake money today and there is alot on the plate. real money to me is gold. gold has stored value behind it, fake money got nothing except you can still spend it for now.

ArlJim78
07-01-2011, 10:27 AM
gold down $16/oz right now. Whats up with that?

lamboguy
07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
it looks like there might be a tripple top in on gold for now. it has not been able to break through $1575. the last low on gold was $1460 so for the time being that is your trading range. a break below the $1460 would strongly suggest $1360 a break below that would suggest $1250. those numbers could easily get hit but would not mean anything within the scope of this long term secular bull market. nothing goes straight up or down. as far as gold goes you are constanly have a battle between paper currency's and hard assets. hard assets represents stored value.

as far as topside breaks on a longer term basis, is that a move past $2750 gold means gold going to the moon, which would not be great for any of us no matter how much gold one has.

Tape Reader
07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
as far as topside breaks on a longer term basis, is that a move past $2750 gold means gold going to the moon, which would not be great for any of us no matter how much gold one has.

About 35 years ago (from memory) on the old Wall Street Week show, a guest predicted that the price of gold would top $300.

One of the panelist smugly quipped that he wouldn't want to live in a world where gold was above $300. He was right!

Robert Goren
07-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I remember someone once saying that if McGovern was elected she would move to Canada. Being the same smart ass back then as I am now, I pointed out that If McGovern was elected there would be a lot of people moving back from Canada.

NJ Stinks
07-01-2011, 06:59 PM
right from the beginning it smelled like a takedown. the new IMF chief was appointed on Tuesday, then suddenly on Thursday we hear the case against DSK has major problems? he surely is a creepy elitist but I think this was an orchestrated hitjob.

I agree. The case never made sense from Day 1.

What you may not agree with is this: The NY Post ripped this French guy to shreds for about 8 days after this story broke. Multiple pages daily declaring the Frenchie was a despicable rapist. Today they gave the story 4/5's of page with most of it a picture of Strauss-Kahn smiling.

The NY Post editorial staff is pathetic. :ThmbDown:

But their Horseracing section is tremendous! :ThmbUp:

So I buy it. :blush:

Ocala Mike
07-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Michael Savage had this right from the get go. Bad week all around for sex crimefighters.

1. MSNBC's Chris Hansen caught in an adultery "sting."

2. Head of NYC's Sex Crimes Unit reportedly stepped down after an HBO film on the unit was aired.

3. The DSK fiasco.

(2 and 3 above may be related; same unit was involved in the DSK case).

Ocala Mike

redshift1
07-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Checkout this update. The maids going down.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43615751/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/

bigmack
07-02-2011, 01:51 AM
I worked for an ad agency in Mpls back in the 80's and while working at a recording studio doing some radio ads schtupped the cleaning lady.

She wanted it. :rolleyes:

Robert Goren
07-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Even he admits to the sex act. Which leads to the question, Do you want somebody dumb to have sex with a hotel maid and/or hooker heading up the IMF or being the president of France. (This is the place where you can insert you favorite French joke)

lamboguy
07-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Even he admits to the sex act. Which leads to the question, Do you want somebody dumb to have sex with a hotel maid and/or hooker heading up the IMF or being the president of France. (This is the place where you can insert you favorite French joke)i am going to stick with trying to beat the show hole

Tom
07-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Checkout this update. The maids going down.

What, again? :eek:

canleakid
07-02-2011, 10:48 AM
George Costanza did it with the cleaning woman too :p and bet we never see George or Dominique Strauss-Kahn in the same at the same time :eek:

Tom
07-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Or Arnold!

JustRalph
07-02-2011, 07:00 PM
She was a chamber maid in the traditional European sense. She ran into a rich Euro fellow. It was Kizmet. This guy is going home to France a hero

redshift1
07-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Tristane Banon, french author, claims new allegations aganist DSK, book signings forthcoming.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-strauss-kahn-20110704,0,6972252.story

OTM Al
07-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I have no doubt the guy did it. He has a long history of philandering. He just so happened to go for someone that was as morally low as him. Which in our system means he'll probably get away with it now.

Rookies
07-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I have no doubt the guy did it. He has a long history of philandering. He just so happened to go for someone that was as morally low as him. Which in our system means he'll probably get away with it now.

Agreed Al.

SHE = guilty as a petty swindler and con artist.
HE = guilty as a serial person of privilege, who has no doubt, done this many times before.
But, like many Pols & Tiger before, he won't be going home a hero. He's about to be outted with mucho piling on.

OTM Al
07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Agreed Al.

SHE = guilty as a petty swindler and con artist.
HE = guilty as a serial person of privilege, who has no doubt, done this many times before.
But, like many Pols & Tiger before, he won't be going home a hero. He's about to be outted with mucho piling on.

His "exploits" are well known already in France. He was very public when he cheated on his first wife. We all make fun of the French on how liberal they are on such things, but this one was extreme. I've known about this guy for a long time, so when I heard his name in the news, I never doubted it from minute one. Don't think he's going to get a pass on this one either. Not this time.

ArlJim78
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't see anything more coming from the New York case.
they had sex and when she didn't get paid the woman claimed rape. they're not going to be able to nail the guy based on the testimony of a lying grifter.