PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Pay Raises Poll

pktruckdriver
06-30-2011, 04:05 PM
This is a continuation of another thread.

duncan04
06-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Where is the option for who cares???

OTM Al
06-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Ridiculous.

therussmeister
06-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Where is the option for who cares???
Indeed, it would be far more interesting and perhaps informative with a "who cares" option.

By the way, that's the way I would vote.

Saratoga_Mike
06-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Indeed, it would be far more interesting and perhaps informative with a "who cares" option.

By the way, that's the way I would vote.

Why? People complain about everything else in the industry, from poor customer service to takeout rates.

elhelmete
06-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Anyone who makes $10 more than me is overpaid.

Anyone who makes $10 less than me is a slacker.

pktruckdriver
06-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I guess I need to suck up to NYRA since they are coming to town soon, well sorry I will not.

it seems people here can not read this part of my post from earlier

I LOVE NYRA HORSE RACING, THEY PUT ONE HELLUVA A SHOW ON :jump::jump:

BUT THAT ISSUE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD, PAY RAISES

After 7 years and no real progress to be proud of, the CEO and top exec's should move on and better equipped people take over the top spots and then NYRA, not some other agency or group, NYRA move forward and become the premier racing organization in the US, and yes it could be argues they already are the best, and well it would be hard for me to argue with you on that issue, 3 tracks , all year racing, world class Jockeys and Horse's, Owners and Trainers.

The Move from and to Saratoga in 1 week is absolutely amazing, everything goes too, simply amazing the precision they do it in, but this has been done for many many years before the current Exec's were here and will be done long after they are gone too , by hard working people in NYRA.

I never ever want nothing but NYRA running racing in NY, but time is over for losing all the monies generated by their great product, horse racing at the highest level's , now how real management at the highest level's please

Rico8812
06-30-2011, 10:35 PM
If NYRA turns a profit, those profits go right to NY State. So would you rather have their #1 business goal be:

- put on the best racing product in north america?
- or make money for the great state of NY (/sarcasm)

Easy choice. At least for those who aren't brain dead.

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2011, 02:40 AM
After 7 years and no real progress to be proud of, the CEO and top exec's should move on and better equipped people take over the top spots and then NYRA, not some other agency or group, NYRA move forward and become the premier racing organization in the US, and yes it could be argues they already are the best, and well it would be hard for me to argue with you on that issue, 3 tracks , all year racing, world class Jockeys and Horse's, Owners and Trainers.Just in this one sentence alone you are completely contradicting yourself.

In seven years (or however long it's been, I'm too lazy to fact check at this hour), they've had to bounce back from the brink of bankruptcy due to a political witch hunt and a defaulting NYCOTB to where they are now...relatively stable. Funny how NYCOTB ran out of money and went out of business, but NYRA is still standing.

No real progress to be proud of? Given their recent past, I think you are wrong.

pktruckdriver
07-01-2011, 11:59 AM
If NYRA turns a profit, those profits go right to NY State. So would you rather have their #1 business goal be:

- put on the best racing product in north america?
- or make money for the great state of NY (/sarcasm)

Easy choice. At least for those who aren't brain dead.

Rico , where you been , this statement makes me see where you are looking at it from, and I did not see it that way, thank you, makes damn good sense this way

patrick

Robert Fischer
07-01-2011, 01:21 PM
can you add a choice for "more information needed"

pktruckdriver
07-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Seems the poll is not as lopsided as when it began, and I thought , wow how wrong was I but the longer it is here the closer it becomes more along the lines of what I thought people would think about this issue. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

pktruckdriver
07-12-2011, 06:24 PM
This just in today from the Sartogian

http://saratogian.com/articles/2011/07/12/news/doc4e1b8426993ae969341251.txt

And to think all the budgets stuff was out in the open, guess not, they needed ,more time to make them presentable to the public, I think, maybe not.

This is stuff we see all the time , not the good news stories like Uncle Mo, possibly returning, or the Fans Voice, and other stuff, you can fell free to add here like the TV Deal with NBC, or should I say Versus, actuallly.

Patrick

Tom
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Slow news day in Toga?
That story belongs in the thread about nothing.

takeout
07-13-2011, 01:36 AM
And to think all the budgets stuff was out in the open, guess not, they needed ,more time to make them presentable to the public, I think, maybe not.And now the lawsuit is dropped like it was hot with no comment. Imagine that. ;)