PDA

View Full Version : Hey BRIS users....

Tom
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Queston on BRIS class ratings. I've been playing around with some of WhoBet's PPs and I notice that some race winners end up with a higher class rating than the race rating for the same race.

This seemed confusing...anyone have any insight on how they get these ratings?

thaskalos
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Queston on BRIS class ratings. I've been playing around with some of WhoBet's PPs and I notice that some race winners end up with a higher class rating than the race rating for the same race.

This seemed confusing...anyone have any insight on how they get these ratings?
I'm not 100% sure Tom, but I think that a horse's BRIS class rating is determined by the quality of horses it faced in its LAST THREE races...not only its last race.

proximity
06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
tom,

there is info about this in the "library" section of the bris website. at the bottom of the page it shows some race and winner's pars and the winner rating is three points higher than the race rating in all of the examples. hope this helps....
i don't think the class rating comes in the datafiles though???

raybo
07-01-2011, 08:49 PM
RR, or race rating, is a measure of the overall class of the race, while the CR, class rating, is the measure of how the horse performed in that race. Many times the winner's CR will be higher than the RR, for that race.

Any value in these ratings is, of course, subject to conjecture. I have tried to use them, in the past, as a form indicator, without success. I quit using them, so I quit buying the more expensive .mcp data file, in favor of the $1 .drf data file.

raybo
07-01-2011, 09:05 PM
tom,

there is info about this in the "library" section of the bris website. at the bottom of the page it shows some race and winner's pars and the winner rating is three points higher than the race rating in all of the examples. hope this helps....
i don't think the class rating comes in the datafiles though???

The "class rating" they are referring to is the "CR" rating. "CR"s are created for every horse in the database, every time it runs. The "RR" is a cumulative comparison of all the race's runners' "CR"s.

So, the "CR"s are calculated first, then all the "CR"s in the race are used to calculate that race's "RR".