PDA

View Full Version : computer help-cookies

ridersup
09-28-2001, 10:08 PM
Any one out there know how to enable cookies. Im in a contest and cannot access a selection page and I have reason to believe it is because cookies are not enabled.

Would appreciate any help.

Ridersup

Que
09-28-2001, 10:23 PM
ridersup,

I use Windows XP, so it may not be the same on your computer, but go to Control Panel -- Internet Options -- from the Internet Properties page, select the Privacy tab -- then move the security slider bar from "Block All Cookies" or "High" to "Medium High." Good luck...

Que.

ridersup
09-28-2001, 10:56 PM
Que:

Thanks for the quick reply. I finally found how to do this on my compupter. I went to Internet Options under security settings and there they were. Unfortunately the cookies were already enabled and it didn't solve my problem. Im in the NYRA sudden death contest and its down to 800 or so from 6,900 and now I can't get my pick in. Oh well it was fun getting this far.

Good luck on your picks for the Bris contest. I think we were the same on two picks

Ridersup

Dave Schwartz
09-28-2001, 11:27 PM
Ridersup,

Try deleting the "temporary internet files" and purging history. There may be something there slowing things down. (Maybe you need a new cookie). <G>

If you'd like to try a couple of other things, perhaps I could help. Give me a call up until 10:30pm pacific.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

ridersup
09-29-2001, 09:28 AM
Dave:

Didn't see your reply till this am. Thanks for the offer of help. Must be trouble on the NYRA web site cause I can't even access their site this am.

Can't tell you how much I enjoy your pars book. I use it on a daily basis for shippers and have great confidence in it as when I did pars on Churchill, and Ellis your pars were right on the money. Good job.

Ridersup

Dave Schwartz
09-29-2001, 10:49 AM
Ridersup,

Thank you. Your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

smf
09-29-2001, 03:31 PM
LOL, Ridersup & Dave!

Dave, I rec'd a post from ridersup about how good your pars are. As you know, I don't handicap speed or pars but after Ridersup's glowing review recently, I'll likely purchase next year's edition.

Long story short, it may help with my place wagers. If the favorite looks suspect from your pars, then I can put a place wager (along with the win bet) on my claimed (dirt) horse. I've noticed place wagers (for me) work better on dirt claims than exactas, but I get burned when the favorite knocks my place $$ down to 3.40 or so. Big difference obviously in the long run when the payoff differences are more than doubled.

Ridersup, I hope you got your pick in for the nyra contest..