PDA

View Full Version : US adds Israel to terror list!!

newtothegame
06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Take N korea off.......WTF :bang:

U.S. Adds Israel to ‘Promoter, Producer, or Protector’ of Terrorists List

The Obama administration has added Israel to a list of 36 ‘specially designated’ countries that have ‘shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.’

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/800px-ICE-Logo-270x82.png (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-s-adds-israel-to-promoter-producer-or-protector-of-terrorists-list/800px-ice-logo/)

The ‘specially designated country’ list is used by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to screen detained foreigners with an extra step, called a “Third Agency Check.” Overall, the countries on the list are unsurprising, with two exceptions this year. Israel was not on the list in 2008, but now in 2011, it has been added. North Korea, on the other hand, was dropped from the list this year but was on it in 2008.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-s-adds-israel-to-promoter-producer-or-protector-of-terrorists-list/

sonnyp
06-30-2011, 12:05 AM

The Obama administration has added Israel to a list of 36 ‘specially designated’ countries that have ‘shown a tendency to promote, produce, or protect terrorist organizations or their members.’

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/800px-ICE-Logo-270x82.png (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-s-adds-israel-to-promoter-producer-or-protector-of-terrorists-list/800px-ice-logo/)

The ‘specially designated country’ list is used by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to screen detained foreigners with an extra step, called a “Third Agency Check.” Overall, the countries on the list are unsurprising, with two exceptions this year. Israel was not on the list in 2008, but now in 2011, it has been added. North Korea, on the other hand, was dropped from the list this year but was on it in 2008.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-s-adds-israel-to-promoter-producer-or-protector-of-terrorists-list/

do we include the united states on the list ?

JustRalph
06-30-2011, 12:08 AM
This is going over well in Saudi Arabia and other like nations.

ArlJim78
06-30-2011, 12:20 AM
North Korea was just appointed to Chair the UN Conference on Disarmament.

Iran is holding an anti-terror summit with some of our allies.

and the US puts Israel on a terror list.

we're through the looking glass now.

sonnyp
06-30-2011, 12:37 AM
North Korea was just appointed to Chair the UN Conference on Disarmament.

Iran is holding an anti-terror summit with some of our allies.

and the US puts Israel on a terror list.

we're through the looking glass now.

ICE is the single most misguided,misdirected and useless agencies in terms of what it's it was brought into being to accomplish in what is becoming a federal thugery.

with its cape of the patriot act, its ripping the rights that once existed in this country to shreads.

people still do not realize how dangerous they have become and will not until ICE breaks down their front door and seizes their posessions and then dares you to try to recover them.

newtothegame
06-30-2011, 01:59 AM
If nothing else, it shows EXACTLY where THIS administration stands towards Israel. And please don't think for a moment jewish people are not noticing.....

http://images.politico.com/global/v3/homelogo.gif (http://www.politico.com)Jewish Dems losing faith in Obama
By: Ben Smith
June 29, 2011 04:32 AM EDT

David Ainsman really began to get worried about President Barack Obama (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/BarackObama)’s standing with his fellow Jewish Democrats when a recent dinner with his wife and two other couples — all Obama voters in 2008 — nearly turned into a screaming match.

Ainsman, a prominent Democratic lawyer and Pittsburgh Jewish community leader, was trying to explain that Obama had just been offering Israel a bit of “tough love” in his May 19 speech (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55305.html) on the Arab Spring. His friends disagreed — to say the least.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=CCC173C6-27F6-4CEA-B94F-B0DB75F91846

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Are these Jewish Democrats Americans or Israelis?
Why is it that the major concern of AMERICAN Jews is always Israel and not America?
Which country do they support (esp when the two countries disagree), I wonder...
Seems to me that politically connected American Jews side with whatever party that supports Israel, period.

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Why is it that the major concern of AMERICAN Jews is always Israel and not America?WHAT?

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2011, 02:57 AM
The article from the POLITICO site that NTTG posted was mentioning Obama's standing with fellow Jewish Democrats, and ofcourse the issue was Israel.
IOW, his position on Israel will determine his level of support from Democratic Jews. But aren't they Democratic AMERICAN Jewish folk?
Seems to me that their support should go to whomever is doing what's best for America, not Israel.

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2011, 03:12 AM
The article from the POLITICO site that NTTG posted was mentioning Obama's standing with fellow Jewish Democrats, and ofcourse the issue was Israel.
IOW, his position on Israel will determine his level of support from Democratic Jews. But aren't they Democratic AMERICAN Jewish folk?
Seems to me that their support should go to whomever is doing what's best for America, not Israel.WHAT?

You painted with a mighty big brush in that prior reply. Of course a part of what influences an American Jew in terms of voting will be a candidate's view on Israel, which in itself could easily determine what is BEST for America, certainly in terms of the Middle East.

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2011, 03:35 AM
WHAT?

You painted with a mighty big brush in that prior reply. Of course a part of what influences an American Jew in terms of voting will be a candidate's view on Israel, which in itself could easily determine what is BEST for America, certainly in terms of the Middle East.
I happen to be of the opposite opinion.
I think what's good for America is rarely the same as what's good for Israel.
Yes, I question the allegiance of some Americans who are overly concerned with a singular foreign nation, and influence policy in this country to benefit that single nation while not benefitting us at the same time.

newtothegame
06-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Are these Jewish Democrats Americans or Israelis?
Why is it that the major concern of AMERICAN Jews is always Israel and not America?
Which country do they support (esp when the two countries disagree), I wonder...
Seems to me that politically connected American Jews side with whatever party that supports Israel, period.

I really am surprised, well not really, of your post here.
On one hand I can understand your "patriotism" in questioning where their (the jews) alliances truly are.
But on the other, I have to question, as Mike did, WHY?
I failed to see your post against the Illegals (which are mostly of mexican decent), who come here and fail to pay income taxes due to their illegal status. They work under the table and send their money back home to Mexico. Where's the post against their allegiances???

How about Michelle Obama's trip with family to Africa? Or her trip to Spain....
I am sure you will say that was in America's best interest??? One thing we know for sure, it was on the backs of tax payers which doesnt seem very "american".

How about LARAZA, a political group who wants "favor" in the form of attention from the president? I seemed to have missed your post on that one too.......

Point is.....no matter what "group" , they all want something for either themselves or their cause (whether it be their country or not).
I personally do NOT agree with lobbyist or those types of groups. They all seem UNamerican to me.
But, it does NOT change the fact that ISRAEL is a huge need for us in the middle east. So, I can NOT fault the jews for being upset and using their political votes. We do the exact some thing, just in the form of single votes everytime we go to the booth. You obviously vote for the person who holds your best interest...don't you??

Native Texan III
06-30-2011, 09:38 AM
It is a huge mistake to think that many Jews in Israel, USA and Europe do not passionately disagree with the past and current actions of the Israeli Government. Blind allegiance to one Israeli view is a danger to America where a more honest and honorable course may eventually resolve the 60 year long feud to the benefit of all. Blindly supporting what has not worked does not make it eventually work.

Goldberg’s comment (http://www.forward.com/articles/136642/#ixzz1MS6YkQr5) is frustratingly typical:
The problem is that while Jacobs’s views on Israel are quite mainstream among American Jews, the notion that such views endanger Israel and have no place in Jewish communal discourse is becoming mainstream in Israel. In other words, we have a very serious family feud brewing.

http://israelseen.com/2011/05/19/israeli-jews-american-jews-dissent-in-our-camp/

Tom
06-30-2011, 10:44 AM
do we include the united states on the list ?

Chicago and DC for sure.

PhantomOnTour
06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I really am surprised, well not really, of your post here.
On one hand I can understand your "patriotism" in questioning where their (the jews) alliances truly are.
But on the other, I have to question, as Mike did, WHY?
I failed to see your post against the Illegals (which are mostly of mexican decent), who come here and fail to pay income taxes due to their illegal status. They work under the table and send their money back home to Mexico. Where's the post against their allegiances???

How about Michelle Obama's trip with family to Africa? Or her trip to Spain....
I am sure you will say that was in America's best interest??? One thing we know for sure, it was on the backs of tax payers which doesnt seem very "american".

How about LARAZA, a political group who wants "favor" in the form of attention from the president? I seemed to have missed your post on that one too.......

Point is.....no matter what "group" , they all want something for either themselves or their cause (whether it be their country or not).
I personally do NOT agree with lobbyist or those types of groups. They all seem UNamerican to me.
But, it does NOT change the fact that ISRAEL is a huge need for us in the middle east. So, I can NOT fault the jews for being upset and using their political votes. We do the exact some thing, just in the form of single votes everytime we go to the booth. You obviously vote for the person who holds your best interest...don't you??
Believe me, I'm not in favor if illegals coming to America and doing what you described above.
I simply put my two cents in on the topic at hand. To tell the truth I was reading an article about the flotilla to Gaza when I clicked over to PA and saw this thread. Israel was on my mind and I commented.

The bolded part above i agree with for the most part. Almost everyone acts/votes out of self interest, but are American Jews voting for Israel's self interest or America's?
IOW, it is my suggestion that American Jews do what's right for America, not Israel....and I will also suggest often what is right for one country isn't right for the other.
My policy on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
Do not support either side and let them hash it out themselves. Muslims supposedly come to the aid/rescue of other Muslims in peril in this world.
Let them band together and help the residents of Gaza. Those living in Gaza have my support and my non-support.
They should have a homeland (i thought that was Syria and Jordan, maybe not...it's complicated) but they also chose Hamas over another form of gov't. in Gaza. Hamas are terrorists.

IOW.....IT'S MESSY Y'ALL!

Tom
06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Considering the moron we have in the WH, I will defer to Israel's knowing what is good for us far more than us knows.

Hopefully, we can weather the next year and a half and put someone the WH who will bring respect back to the US.....we have none abroad anymore. Everyone knows we have a simpleton in charge.

A country that frisks babies and elderly woman's underwear while refusing to profile muslims and puts Israel on a list like is deserving of no respect. And I have none for it. The US is temporarily out of business. Hopefully, Israel will pick up our slack. Uncle Sam needs hi job back. Obama laid him off.

TJDave
06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
I question the allegiance of some Americans who are overly concerned with a singular foreign nation, and influence policy in this country to benefit that single nation while not benefitting us at the same time.

For most American Jews the images of Hitler's camps are still fresh in our minds. Israel is our safe haven. That is why we are passionate about its survival.

And, I would question your assumption that what is most benefiting is most patriotic. I would argue it's usually the reverse.

Native Texan III
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
For most American Jews the images of Hitler's camps are still fresh in our minds. Israel is our safe haven. That is why we are passionate about its survival.

And, I would question your assumption that what is most benefiting is most patriotic. I would argue it's usually the reverse.

Most of the Jewish people who actually survived or avoided the camps are now dead.
The Jewish Americans and all those born since 1945 already have a real safe haven in USA, or do you still fear deep down some backlash here?
This is your country - nowhere else.
Are you passionate enough about Israel's survival in Palestine to actually work 100% for peace, reconciliation and an end to 60 years of hostilities or do you just sit on the sidelines for others to take the load?

fast4522
06-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Palestine will fail, Obama will fail. The Jews will always have their home with Israel. Long live Israel.

Tom
06-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Israel is more important to us than several of our states.

mostpost
06-30-2011, 10:14 PM

You are confusing this list with a list of "State Sponsors Of Terrorism" kept by the State Department. There are currently four countries on that list, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Syria. Israel is not on that list. North Korea was on the list but was removed. BY GEORGE W. BUSH IN 2008.

The Specially Designated Countries List is a list designed to deal with travelers (aliens) from those countries, not the countries themselves. Israel does not promote terrorism. Israel does not protect terrorists. It is possible that Israel could produce terrorists either from its Arab population or from radical Israeli groups. It would make no sense to screen travelers from Riyadh and ignore those who traveled from Saudi Arabia via Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.

newtothegame
06-30-2011, 10:52 PM
You are confusing this list with a list of "State Sponsors Of Terrorism" kept by the State Department. There are currently four countries on that list, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and Syria. Israel is not on that list. North Korea was on the list but was removed. BY GEORGE W. BUSH IN 2008.

The Specially Designated Countries List is a list designed to deal with travelers (aliens) from those countries, not the countries themselves. Israel does not promote terrorism. Israel does not protect terrorists. It is possible that Israel could produce terrorists either from its Arab population or from radical Israeli groups. It would make no sense to screen travelers from Riyadh and ignore those who traveled from Saudi Arabia via Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.

I didnt confuse anything there mosty....guess now you're gonna tell us all what I meant or thought lol.
maybe you should get your glasses out again and read. Where is the story that i posted did it say "State sponsors Of Terrorism"??? Maybe it is YOU who is confused....

Light
06-30-2011, 11:29 PM

That's fine but what makes you think that all Holocaust survivors believe in Israel's policies today and their attitude towards Palestinians? In fact there is a an 86 year old Jewish Holocaust survivor as we speak on the "Audacity of Hope".A ship to try to bring humanitarian supplies to Gaza...again. The U.N. has documented vitamin deficiencies in Palestinian children resulting in stunted growth, deformities in Palestinian pregnancies and higher rates of Cancer due to the Israeli blockade, and this is one of the reasons for the aid attempt. I'm sure Hitler did not allow humanitarian aid to the concentration camps either. The Israeli government has built a wall around Palestinians in Gaza similar to the concentration camps, and the flow of goods and supplies in and out of Gaza have been severely restricted. Many Jews in Israel have demonstrated against their governments treatment of Palestinians. In fact,there is more debate and diversity on this issue within Israel than in the U.S.That's because there is more factual reporting there on this issue than here, with liberal papers such as Haaretz being mainstream.

newtothegame
06-30-2011, 11:40 PM
That's fine but what makes you think that all Holocaust survivors believe in Israel's policies today and their attitude towards Palestinians? In fact there is a an 86 year old Jewish Holocaust survivor as we speak on the "Audacity of Hope".A ship to try to bring humanitarian supplies to Gaza...again. The U.N. has documented vitamin deficiencies in Palestinian children resulting in stunted growth, deformities in Palestinian pregnancies and higher rates of Cancer due to the Israeli blockade, and this is one of the reasons for the aid attempt. I'm sure Hitler did not allow humanitarian aid to the concentration camps either. The Israeli government has built a wall around Palestinians in Gaza similar to the concentration camps, and the flow of goods and supplies in and out of Gaza have been severely restricted. Many Jews in Israel have demonstrated against their governments treatment of Palestinians. In fact,there is more debate and diversity on this issue within Israel than in the U.S.That's because there is more factual reporting there on this issue than here, with liberal papers such as Haaretz being mainstream.

Light...first and foremost let me tell you I am not here to argue about Palestinians and their fight with Israel.
But, seriously?? You use the UN as credible?? The UN has outlived its usefulness if it ever was.

benzer
07-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Your professor chooses to overlook or leave out a few things that keep this conflict going.
Mainly:
Some Palestinians with the backing of Iran and Syria attack people in Israel with the intention of mass murder of civilians. (That really promotes peace).

There is greater debate of this in Israel of course because it affects the people there directly. History has shown that without strict security the goods going into Gaza will not just be food and medical supplies.

Light
07-01-2011, 12:36 AM
But, seriously?? You use the UN as credible?? The UN has outlived its usefulness if it ever was.

The report was from UNICEF which works for children's rights under the UN. Also "Save the children" has documented it as well as human rights groups.

Light
07-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Your professor chooses to overlook or leave out a few things that keep this conflict going.

I don't understand your reference to "Your Professor". I wrote what was said.

Some Palestinians with the backing of Iran and Syria attack people in Israel with the intention of mass murder of civilians. (That really promotes peace).

That doesn't give Israel the right to enforce collective punishment on an entire population.Furthermore,Palestinians are an occupied people and by the rules of the Geneva Conventions, the occupier (Israel) is required to provide them with adequate supplies.

Light
07-01-2011, 01:01 AM
BTW back on topic,what is brought up at the start of this thread is a trivial matter and affects nothing. Obama,contrary to your right wing fears,is a staunch Israeli supporter, as reactionary as Bush ever was.He has done nothing to promote peace in the region which is what the right wing cabinet in Israel prefer and what right winger GW did. And Obama seems afraid of what the Palestinians plan to do in September at the UN which is to claim their homeland back. At least Bush called for a 2 state solution.

TJDave
07-01-2011, 01:10 AM
That's fine but what makes you think that all Holocaust survivors believe in Israel's policies today and their attitude towards Palestinians?

I said survival. It'd be a miracle if you could find two Jews who agreed on anything let alone Israel's policies. :rolleyes:

benzer
07-01-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't understand your reference to "Your Professor". I wrote what was said.

That doesn't give Israel the right to enforce collective punishment on an entire population.Furthermore,Palestinians are an occupied people and by the rules of the Geneva Conventions, the occupier (Israel) is required to provide them with adequate supplies.
The reference to your professor was because you sound like you are still in school and a professor is guiding your thinking.

What you call collective punishment is nothing more than survival tactics.

When Palestinians dance in the street after a radical blows up a bus of Israeli civilians all rights revert to the Israelis.

JustRalph
07-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I said survival. It'd be a miracle if you could find two Jews who agreed on anything let alone Israel's policies. :rolleyes:

Dave, you are starting to make me laugh........ in a serious thread.......:lol:

Light
07-01-2011, 11:31 AM
The reference to your professor was because you sound like you are still in school and a professor is guiding your thinking.

What you call collective punishment is nothing more than survival tactics.

When Palestinians dance in the street after a radical blows up a bus of Israeli civilians all rights revert to the Israelis.

Your responses are silly,and I did not intend to argue the entire Israeli/Palestinian issue. I was only interested in the comment made by TJDave.

Robert Fischer
07-01-2011, 11:42 AM
i wish i could get into this stuff.

i ought to.

it's kinda like sports but with only a few teams, so there's lots of camaraderie