PDA

View Full Version : About those MULTICAPS data files??

tgoo426193
06-29-2011, 07:09 PM
o

On that Multicaps data file request.

I emailed Brisnet and they were more than willing to send me a dozen or so data files from a day or 2 ago.

Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

For those who don't remember or never knew about the "Advantage" program the old TSN had before becoming Twinspires. Here was the program.

What you got back then was "unlimited" Insider Picks & Plays (PDF), Ultimate PPs w/comments (PDF or Text), Multicap/Procap data files & Exotic results data files. All for one price of $59.95 a month. There was no minimum subscription either. It was a month to month thing. Super Deal. If there were 20 tracks running on each day of the weekend, you got them all, etc, etc.

And, of course, the software program was free, as it is now.

o

cj
06-29-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm glad it worked out...let us know if you are happy with them.

tgoo426193
06-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I put those files in the program and opened a couple tracks. It brought back memories. I did find myself looking at a few windows of info in ways I hadn't remembered doing a numbers of years back.

You can change some of their default settings as to how it weighs a few factors when calculating, but I found the default to be just about as good as it gets.

I always liked the way it operated. Each chart with columns of figures can be changed into a bar graph. You can click on each column on the charts and it restacks the horses as to their rank under that column. They include, class, speed, etc. etc. The info available covers everything you may want to know.

Anyway, I think I'll play with the 10 or so tracks he sent and then maybe try a few new unraced cards later on.

It's late so I'm outa here. Have a good one !!

proximity
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
o

All for one price of $59.95 a month. There was no minimum subscription either. It was a month to month thing. Super Deal. If there were 20 tracks running on each day of the weekend, you got them all, etc, etc.
o

why brisnet cannot do something like this (even if it's a little more expensive today) is just sad.