PDA

View Full Version : Need Contact for Gambling Income Tax Accountant/Attorney

hattaynez
06-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,

Can anybody here recommend an accountant (CPA or attorney) with experience in gambling income taxes? Ideally gambling income from wagering on horse racing.

Thanks,

hattaynez

judd
06-29-2011, 06:55 PM
easy, report your winnings and claim losses up to that amount

rrpic6
06-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi,

Can anybody here recommend an accountant (CPA or attorney) with experience in gambling income taxes? Ideally gambling income from wagering on horse racing.

Thanks,

hattaynez

What state do you live in? I've been fortunate to have found a CPA to help me out each year. I also know a local IRS agent that I once worked with and hung out, who has been there for me in a pinch. If you don't know anyone that is quite competent in this area of expertise, you will have to interview prospective accountants that will look out for your best interest.

RR

hattaynez
06-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I live in California and travel occasionally to Las Vegas: Northern California or Las Vegas would be great.

Track Collector
06-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I have used this guy for several years. I live in MD and he is in CT, and this has not caused any problems.

He saved me thousands of dollars in an IRS audit because he knows the (gambling) laws and I was doing the right thing.

ProfessionalGamblerStatus.com

I am not compensated for recommending him........I'm just very happy with his expertise and service.

bigbrown
06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Does anybody know a CPA, located in Vegas area, who "personally prepared any tax returns for people using professional gambler status ?"

PS: Interesting Q&A at TC's recommendation:

===========
Question from a gambler considering retaining a tax advisor:
I would like to find a local CPA where I live who has experience with professional gambling. How would I go about finding out what accountants have that specialized experience?

Answer:
Besides internet searches, you can go to your State CPA Society and get a list of registered firms in the State. When calling them do not ask "can you do work for a professional gambler?" or ask "do you have experience with professional gambling?" since virtually every CPA can honestly answer YES to those questions.

Rather, ask "have you personally prepared any tax returns for people with gambling winnings?" and then ask "have you personally prepared any tax returns for people using professional gambler status?" Listening carefully to their initial responses will ferret out the tax advisor you might want to use.

==============

I have used this guy for several years. I live in MD and he is in CT, and this has not caused any problems.

He saved me thousands of dollars in an IRS audit because he knows the (gambling) laws and I was doing the right thing.

ProfessionalGamblerStatus.com

I am not compensated for recommending him........I'm just very happy with his expertise and service.

Robert Goren
06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I knew a poker player who used these people. They are in Vegas.

http://www.rbstaxes.com/

trying2win
06-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Would these attorneys do?: