PDA

View Full Version : Crys Dream=Another black eye....

Hanover1
06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Crys Dream, the top 3yr old trotting filly this year, who sports an 11 for 12 lifetime record, and is considered every bit as good as any colt, has tested positive for a Class 2 drug. After her victory in the $500,000+ Elegantimage stake, her sample was dirty. StandardbredCanada has full details....With over $900,000 on her card, and a place in history just around the corner, she may be facing a 90 day penalty as a result according to WEG insiders. The drug in question has not been divulged as yet, but a Class 2 violation says it all.
And folks wonder why harness is/has been tanking for 20 years? This scandal is at the top of the sports showcase divisions. A terrible black eye, despite what excuses we hear coming from the camp.
She sets a track record on North American Cup night, and follows it up with her latest victory, wich is now forever tarnished. Can't think of an owner who would not be absolutly livid over this.....

sonnyp
06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
in the early 1990's my biggest and best owner and i raced a horse in one of those late closing series in january/february at the meadowlands.

the horse won each of 3 qualifying legs easily (15,000 purse) and was made 1-1 favorite for the final for $150,000.

our horse opened a 2 length lead in the stretch only to be nosed on the wire by a horse we had "manhandled" in 2 qualifying legs. the trainer of the winner now lives in austrailia and the owner,after winnining every major race in harness, switched to t-breds and has been involved in some suspicious events over there.

my owner that night stated he was disgusted and getting out. people thought he was exagerating but he sold everything. racehorses,yearlings,broodmares,farm.....the works.

he saw what was happening and chose not to participate.