PDA

View Full Version : Some possible Europeans for BC

gm10
06-28-2011, 04:42 PM
"So You Think, Treasure Beach and Canford Cliffs have all been nominated to the Breeders' Cup at the new 'Open Enrollment' (sic) entry stage at a cost of $25,000."

Hard to imagine CC and So You Think going to CD, at this point anyway.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/usa-big-guns-added-to-breeders-cup-at-new-entry-stage/877656/international/

Capper Al
06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
How are you going to compare the Euro's to the North American horses?

Humph
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
"So You Think, Treasure Beach and Canford Cliffs have all been nominated to the Breeders' Cup at the new 'Open Enrollment' (sic) entry stage at a cost of $25,000."

Hard to imagine CC and So You Think going to CD, at this point anyway.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/usa-big-guns-added-to-breeders-cup-at-new-entry-stage/877656/international/

Aidan O'Brien usually comes in numbers , so I wouldn't rule out So You Think just yet.

gm10
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Aidan O'Brien usually comes in numbers , so I wouldn't rule out So You Think just yet.

Personally I think he will send him to one of the races at the new British season finale at Ascot/Newmarket (unless he fails to be a major player in his summer races, starting on Saturday).

gm10
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
How are you going to compare the Euro's to the North American horses?

Probably video replays, and a bit of Timeform/Topspeed as well.

Humph
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Personally I think he will send him to one of the races at the new British season finale at Ascot/Newmarket (unless he fails to be a major player in his summer races, starting on Saturday).

Just looking through the previous winners of the Champion Stakes and Aidan O'Brien has never won it , which is surprising considering how prolific he has been in other Gr1s run in the British Isles. I haven't a clue as to what he has sent to England to run in the race , but it does come uncomfortably close to the BC meet for his top runners .

gm10
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Just looking through the previous winners of the Champion Stakes and Aidan O'Brien has never won it , which is surprising considering how prolific he has been in other Gr1s run in the British Isles. I haven't a clue as to what he has sent to England to run in the race , but it does come uncomfortably close to the BC meet for his top runners .

His horses are often a bit past their peak by that time of year ... I think he tried to make them peak a bit later last year but it didn't really work.

I think you will see at least this one at Churchill ... Await the Dawn in the Classic. That is the one race he is dying to win, and to do it with a son of Giants Causeway would be an emotional moment for him imo.

nijinski
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Hannon , Canford Cliffs trainer does not like it here in the USA , he's not shy on the subject. He also lost a horse to a breakdown in the BC , would
be very surprised if CC shows up.

gm10
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Hannon , Canford Cliffs trainer does not like it here in the USA , he's not shy on the subject. He also lost a horse to a breakdown in the BC , would
be very surprised if CC shows up.

I would be slightly surprised as well, to be honest.
You never know, might be 1-1 with Goldikova by then, so they could fight it out at Churchill .... but it's not the most likely end of season race for him imo.

OTM Al
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I would be slightly surprised as well, to be honest.
You never know, might be 1-1 with Goldikova by then, so they could fight it out at Churchill .... but it's not the most likely end of season race for him imo.

I just don't think a standard US two turn mile on a 7f turf course plays to his favor anyway. If this was at Belmont it would be different, but he doesn't seem one that is at his best when having to negotiate the turns.