PDA

View Full Version : Official Toga Party IX Info and Roll Call

OTM Al
06-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Going to start the "official" thread for this year just so everyone can see the facts and not get distracted by certain images posted by a certain Tom.....but do please continue posting pre-game there. I'll start another blog thread when I head up for Open House day for during the game discussion.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART!!!!!!

I have purchased tables from Saturday Aug 13-Sunday Aug 21 (Tuesday is dark). These tables are in the Festival Tent every day EXCEPT Wednesday the 17th. On that day ONLY we had to be relocated to the tent at the Big Red Spring as some group bought the whole Festival Tent.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SO DON'T ASK WHY WE WEREN'T THERE WEDNESDAY!!!

For those not familiar with the site, the Festival Tent is easily found by coming in the main entrance on Union. Pay your admission and take an immediate right on the walkway (is it a sidewalk if it goes through essentially a field???). You pass on the right a restrooms building, the English Pub Tent (though this may be changed this year but something will be there), a covered bay of SAM machines and then you are facing the Festival Tent. We are in the back right hand corner. Look for guys with laptops. There will also be some staff there in their red vests. If not sure, just ask for the Pace Advantage group or me, Allan Corns. They may give you a blank look, but hopefully they will have the seating chart. The Big Red Spring tent is simply further down the same path.

The cost is $5 per person per day. The tables cost me $24 each per day and I generally consider 4 people per table, but making change is a drag, so we'll go back to an even $5. Besides, the company is worth a lot more than 1 American dollar to me :) (of course donations of beer are always welcome)

Going from the last couple years, I have cut back a little for the first few days. We have 1 table each day, the first Saturday through Monday. Wednesday I have 2 Tables, Thursday-Saturday I have 3 and the last Sunday back down to 1. Ted Craven's group is also going to be around at the end of the week again, so we usually mix with them those days as well. If his mom is there with him, pay attention to who she likes....

I will bring a heavy duty extension cord and power strip for the laptop users. There is no wifi, though cell reception is generally very good and doesn't seem to hiccup like it does at other tracks on big days.

So I ask even though you've posted the dates you'll be there, repeat them here. Also, anybody with questions about the week in regards to the location, ask here, but any other stuff, let's try to keep to the fun thread so everyone will be able to get the info without having to see certain images....

I also will be up there every weekend except for the second and a couple other days as well, so if you want to meet and/or hang out other times than the PA week, PM me.

Finally, the "official" night at Saratoga Harness has been on the Friday during the week, so let's assume that will be the night for that time honored activity as well. You never know what you'll see there...

Track Collector
06-30-2011, 03:15 PM
I'll be there Wednesday 08/17 thru and including Saturday 08/20.

Track Collector

JustRalph
06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Driving up early 18th and plan to make into the tent maybe a little late, but will be in. Staying thru Saturday night/Sunday Morning. Driving home Sunday Morning. I have a penchant for driving at night, so may take off on late Saturday night/early Sunday Morning. The Mrs will be with me.

offtrack
06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
I will be there every day, with the folding chair.

Tom
06-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Coming Thursday-Friday, Saturday up in the air.
Wearing pants Thursday, at least. The wedgie suit is only for special days.

cj's dad
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Thursday the 18th through Saturday the 20th- flying home the 21st

Bubbles
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Depends on my work schedule, and I won't know that until a few weeks from now. That said, I live just north of Albany now, so it's safe to assume I'll be making the pilgrimage a few times that week.

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2011, 03:15 AM
I will be there the last three days. Need a semi-accurate count for Alabama Day since I will again be having grub delivered to the tables.

cj's dad
07-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Depends on my work schedule, and I won't know that until a few weeks from now. That said, I live just north of Albany now, so it's safe to assume I'll be making the pilgrimage a few times that week.

Bubs, just tell the McDonalds manager you need off.

Bubbles
07-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Bubs, just tell the McDonalds manager you need off.
Actually, I work for the Baltimore Orioles. They've said repeatedly that since they don't work in October that I don't need any additional days off. ;)

cj's dad
07-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Actually, I work for the Baltimore Orioles. They've said repeatedly that since they don't work in October that I don't need any additional days off. ;)

Got me. :lol: See ya soon.

mabred
07-01-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm in 18-21 with my son

GatetoWire
07-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Al:
Pretty sure I am in 18th-21st.

cdax
07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
"Gaz" and I will be there for the Alabama this year.

If all your tables are full by our arrival we can migrate over to Ted's tables.

Chris

jdhanover
07-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I plan to be there Friday/Saturday 8/19-20

Bubbles
07-11-2011, 08:40 AM
It's looking like I'll be at the track the 20th and 21st. I'm also going to try to make the harness track outing on the 19th, if only to people-watch! :lol:

offtrack
07-11-2011, 03:24 PM
The Saratoga Race Course dirt track opened for training this past week.

Also noticed the workout tab listings on the NYRA pages are clickable, so that the Equibase page opens up when you click on the horses name.
The Owner/Trainer/Breeder/ Race Record information is all listed on that page.

Pretty nice for following the works, from home.

joeprunes
07-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I believe I all ready mentioned that I`ll be there 19-21, just to make sure you get enough tables......jp

BillW
07-11-2011, 04:01 PM
It's looking like I'll be at the track the 20th and 21st. I'm also going to try to make the harness track outing on the 19th, if only to people-watch! :lol:

You haven't been excused from duty as official PA Paparazzi yet so TAKE PICTURES!

OTM Al
07-11-2011, 04:36 PM
You going to make it this year Bill? Can't rememeber if you said.

BillW
07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
You going to make it this year Bill? Can't rememeber if you said.

Nah, Just closed on the house. Now I'm getting it together. By the time SAR comes around I'll be spent (physically and $$$$$ :D )

OTM Al
07-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Nah, Just closed on the house. Now I'm getting it together. By the time SAR comes around I'll be spent (physically and $$$$$ :D )

Good about the house, bad about missing you. Hopefully we will catch up again soon.

don23
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Found a B & B in Glens Falls.

Arriving Sunday the 14th, hopefully before the third
race goes. Staying through until close of racing on
Wed, 17th.

Need electrical connection for laptop.

Still got room for one more with the group?

OTM Al
07-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Found a B & B in Glens Falls.

Arriving Sunday the 14th, hopefully before the third
race goes. Staying through until close of racing on
Wed, 17th.

Need electrical connection for laptop.

Still got room for one more with the group?

I'm sure we will for those days. I'll have the power strip and extension cord at the ready

don23
07-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Great, Al. Looking forward to meeting
some of the members I knock heads with
in the contests here.

And I don't really look like my pic at all.

Aner
07-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Attending live racing at Saratoga has been on my bucket list for years. Looks like this is a year to scratch it off. I'm attending a reunion in PA on 8/7/11. Will be at Saratoga on the 10th and 11th. Is anyone going to be there that early?

offtrack
07-16-2011, 04:55 AM
I'll be there every day. Need a free tour guide?

Mike at A+
07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Since we just got back from a 4 week vacation including a 14 day Alaskan cruise to celebrate our 25th. anniversary with side trips to Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore, it will be one of those "weekends only" years since my wife spent her entire allotment of vacation time. We'll be there on 8/6 and anything after that will be a last minute decision. Unless of course I hit a million dollar Pick-6 and convince my wife to quit her job and stay for the remainder of the meet. I dream big.

Dave Schwartz
07-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Attending live racing at Saratoga has been on my bucket list for years. Looks like this is a year to scratch it off. I'm attending a reunion in PA on 8/7/11. Will be at Saratoga on the 10th and 11th. Is anyone going to be there that early?

Aner,

I come in late on the 11th. If you can hang around an extra day (12th) we could meet with you.

Dave

Ocala Mike
07-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Will be at Saratoga on the 10th and 11th. Is anyone going to be there that early?

Those are the two days that I'll be there meeting up with a couple of old racetrack buddies from back in the day. A "bucket list" item for me too.

Ocala Mike

wisconsin
07-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Going to Cooperstown on the 22nd, so talked everyone in to Saratoga on the 21st. Have reserved seats, but will definitely pop into the tent for a bit. Won't be able to stay long, don't need a seat, just want to meet anyone there.

foul
07-25-2011, 08:08 AM
We will be at Saratoga this week-end the 30th, 31st, and August 1st. I always enjoy meeting people from the board.

foul

Track Collector
07-31-2011, 06:21 PM
When attending Saratoga in past years a friend always did the driving, so I never paid much attention to the parking options.

What are the parking options, their associated costs, and the approximate times before they cease to be available?

Also, I plan to drive straight to the races on the morning of Wednesday, 08/17. How early do the regulars typically show up at the PaceAdvantage "Table" area?

Thanks in advance for any help!

OTM Al
07-31-2011, 06:36 PM
When attending Saratoga in past years a friend always did the driving, so I never paid much attention to the parking options.

What are the parking options, their associated costs, and the approximate times before they cease to be available?

Also, I plan to drive straight to the races on the morning of Wednesday, 08/17. How early do the regulars typically show up at the PaceAdvantage "Table" area?

Been a long time since I have parked there, but I believe parking at the Oklahoma track area is still free. A bit of a walk, but not bad. Parking on track is $10. Big lot off Union past the main entrance going west. Here's the official info

Trackside parking: $10. Gates open at 6:45 a.m.
(Refunds available until 10 a.m. No refunds on Travers Day, Saturday, Aug. 27, 2011)

General Parking: Free
Oklahoma Preferred Parking: $5. Gates open at 9 a.m.

If you get off Exit 14, there are plenty of signs to guide you. There is some construction there but it shouldn't be bad on a Wednesday. Admissions gates open at 11, so I'll be to the table soon after. Remember that day we are at the Big Red Spring tent.

Storm Cadet
07-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Friday and Saturday I paid just $6 in a lot right off Nelson Ave...short walk to main entrance.

OTM Al
07-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Friday and Saturday I paid just $6 in a lot right off Nelson Ave...short walk to main entrance.

Wednesday you can park in someone's yard across from the track for $6-7 usually. Nelson Ave side is good for that sort of thing.

BillW
07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Been a long time since I have parked there, but I believe parking at the Oklahoma track area is still free. A bit of a walk, but not bad.

They were charging last year ... not sure how much. We ended up trackside as it seemed to be a better deal.

BillW
07-31-2011, 07:23 PM
How early do the regulars typically show up at the PaceAdvantage "Table" area?

Usually an hour or so prior to race #1. The tables are reserved though, so any time works unless you are in charge of getting there early to insure you don't get bumped :).

BombsAway Bob
08-02-2011, 12:08 AM
the past 4 years, after 20 years of parking in different "private" lots for anywhere from $5 to $12, i've settled on official NYRA Ontrack Parking.
Only$10, & usually, if you're there by around 11AM you can get an attendant to let you park at the end of a row, by the fence facing the Racing Hall of Fame, under shady trees. If it's hot & humid, you can always hike back to the car halfway thru the card & throw on the AC & radio for 15-20min....even enjoy a cigar & a Frosty one! Leaving is a snap, esp. if you take a left leaving the track, going back west towards Rt.9.

badcompany
08-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm gonna be up there the whole week and plan on going to the track starting Wednesday.

Al,
Is there any way you can get me an XL of the long sleeve giveaway t-shirt? I'll gladly pay for it. They look pretty cool this year, a black version of the white one they had two years ago.

OTM Al
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm gonna be up there the whole week and plan on going to the track starting Wednesday.

Al,
Is there any way you can get me an XL of the long sleeve giveaway t-shirt? I'll gladly pay for it. They look pretty cool this year, a black version of the white one they had two years ago.

Now paying for such a thing would be somewhat illegal and problematic for NYRA staff, but let us say that I do have a season pass and will be there that day, so I will give you mine.

badcompany
08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Now paying for such a thing would be somewhat illegal and problematic for NYRA staff, but let us say that I do have a season pass and will be there that day, so I will give you mine.

Don't sweat it. The only reason I asked is because that particular giveaway is on the last weekend and I'm not sure I'm gonna be up there.

As an aside, if anyone's interested, the Saratoga Summer Trolley has changed its route this year.

It used to go from the SPAC, up Broadway, to Skidmore.

Now, it goes from the SPAC, up Broadway, to Lake Avenue, back down to Union, to the Track, to the Racino, and back to Spac. It does this route in both directions every 20 minutes, and costs $1.50.

So, if you're staying someplace near Lake Ave, this is another option if you don't want to take your car and deal with parking.

Tom
08-02-2011, 07:31 PM
The Condition Book for our week is now up at NYRA.

Rookies
08-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Tom...

We'll be pounding away at the Cheesecake Factory in Pittsford tomorrow, arriving about 1p.m. for Lunch. If interested, I'll buy you a beer.

bigmack
08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Ain't Grits gonna be prancin' about? I see no point in hangin' out with thugs like Al, Mike, Tom & Co. :rolleyes:

Rookies
08-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Some of us have a date, already...;)

Grits
08-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Ain't Grits gonna be prancin' about? I see no point in hangin' out with thugs like Al, Mike, Tom & Co. :rolleyes:

Grits doesn't prance. She ambles, at her own pace. :lol:

She has not left for Saratoga yet. She was supposed to leave a week ago, but her reservations and plans had to be changed due to a malfunction in the engine of her car, which she loves. She's owned two of these. This one's a 2006, and has only 69,500 miles on it, mostly highway. Sadly, the warranty extends to 60K. Some have driven these cars 200k.

Anyway, it took a week for the parts to arrive from California. It is suppose to be ready tomorrow. They will test drive it before they let her head 10 hours to upstate New York. (They're fine gentlemen.)

If she is not in the poor house after she writes the check for the parts and labor which comes to just over $4,000.00 :faint: !!!SONOFABITCH!!!:faint: she hopes to be in Saratoga by Friday.

The part that went out--a factory defect--underwent redesign in 2009. Its caused a lot of problems and expense for owners. Toyota, because, this was not a safety issue, has not recalled cars with the defective part, but Grits is fortunate enough to have obtained a copy of the bulletin sent to all dealership owners alerting them to the "actuator" problem and redesign plan. (It controls the cars timing, interacts with valve release, etc.)

On a final note, aside from family--there are three things in the life of an unmarried Southern woman you really don't want to mess with--her dog, her car, and her bank account. Toyota's 2 for 3, and it ain't lookin' good for either of us.

At some point, Grits hopes to see you guys; though you may see her first--STOOPING.:rolleyes:

Rookies
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I'll see you Friday then madam... ;)

JustRalph
08-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Great..........I bought a new Toyota a week ago. Thanks for the warning :lol:

Be careful on that trip up North.......they's Yankees everywhere. :lol:

lamboguy
08-03-2011, 08:23 AM
i plan on coming to saratoga too. my car is a 1997 buick lesabre with 71,000 miles on it and it currently has an exhaust leak i am going to atempt my 200 mile journey to saratoga in my motor scooter that now travels up to 47 miles an hour. it will take me over 8 hours to get there. but i plan on making it.

Tom
08-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Tom...

We'll be pounding away at the Cheesecake Factory in Pittsford tomorrow, arriving about 1p.m. for Lunch. If interested, I'll buy you a beer.

Not sure I can get off today, but I will try - you probably won't see this now, but I will try to get there early if I can and stand by the doorway. Look someone looking confused hanging out there. :D

Grits
08-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Great..........I bought a new Toyota a week ago. Thanks for the warning :lol:

Be careful on that trip up North.......they's Yankees everywhere. :lol:

I know. Yankees and Canucks.

Ralph, I ain't got a prayer, I'm the minority. I believe they let me in the tent just because they like to hear me talk . . . . its the accent thing.:faint:

Saratoga_Mike
08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
i plan on coming to saratoga too. my car is a 1997 buick lesabre with 71,000 miles on it and it currently has an exhaust leak i am going to atempt my 200 mile journey to saratoga in my motor scooter that now travels up to 47 miles an hour. it will take me over 8 hours to get there. but i plan on making it.

Ever consider selling a little of that gold and buying a new car?

JustRalph
08-03-2011, 12:51 PM

hey? I just bought one of those too? What is up with that? Mine has 71k miles too...... ok.......mine is baby blue..... my Baby Blue Buick.......

sorry I took this astray..........apologies

Tom
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Tom...

What a dummy!
I apparently did not read you post - I went to Dinosaur BBQ and looked for you there! Duh!

At least I got a nice pulled pork sammy for lunch.

joeyp
08-07-2011, 09:35 PM
IM LOOKING FORWARD IN MEETING SOME OF YOU AT THE TENT IS THAT THE BIG RED AND WHITE TENT BACK THERE BY THE $2 SABRETTE HOT DOG STAND?
I'LL BE UP THERE WEDNESDAY THE 17TH STARTING OFF WITH UK RACES IN THE UK SECTION ABOUT 8.30 AM, THEN FOR THE SARATOGA RACES BE UP THERE FROM TUESDAY - FRIDAY NIGHT

OTM Al
08-08-2011, 07:27 AM
It is a big red and white tent. I'm not sure if the hotdog stand is there or not as things have changed around a bit, but signs at the track do direct you to the Festival Tent

joeyp
08-08-2011, 08:23 AM
It is a big red and white tent. I'm not sure if the hotdog stand is there or not as things have changed around a bit, but signs at the track do direct you to the Festival Tent

thanks see ya at the tent can you bring a cooler in there?

OTM Al
08-08-2011, 08:26 AM
thanks see ya at the tent can you bring a cooler in there?

Yes. No glass bottles, but all else fine

lamboguy
08-08-2011, 11:18 AM
hey? I just bought one of those too? What is up with that? Mine has 71k miles too...... ok.......mine is baby blue..... my Baby Blue Buick.......

sorry I took this astray..........apologies
my car is beige. i bought not a bad car ralph. i like my BUDDY SCOOTER now, i have over 800 miles on it now over the last 3 months. it is a 2 cycle 50 cc engine.

cj's dad
08-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Ever consider selling a little of that gold and buying a new car?

Dammit, you made me spit out my coffee !!!!!

lamboguy
08-09-2011, 08:20 AM
i am going to show uo this saturday and sunday for the sale.

Grits
08-09-2011, 09:48 AM
i am going to show uo this saturday and sunday for the sale.

You'd better pull a trailer behind your scooter, Lambo. Those gold bars are really gonna hurt your gas mileage--I know you know this!:lol:

The Mass Turnpike is a tough place to be on a scooter!!! Bet you'll be on the back roads.:lol:

Stay safe, Lambo. Don't wanna read about you on the news.

offtrack
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Interesting debut night at the sales.
Crowd is allowed inside the sales pavillion now, along the outer rails. Big response when bidding tops a million dollars.
Good prices on average for these babies.

Big crowd on a humid summers night. Looking forward for night two.

NY breds go on the block this weekend.

Grits
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
The rail in the pavillion, the fringe, had no appeal, even for a few minutes years ago. Don't care who buys horses, just so they keep doing so. Rather be standing out back at the walking ring, here or at Keeneland, where one can see the horses, quietly looking them over, picking out hip #s from the book, then paying attention to their bidding. Its a "people (no dogs, this time) and pony" show. And the ponies are much more interesting than the people.

lamboguy
08-09-2011, 12:46 PM
You'd better pull a trailer behind your scooter, Lambo. Those gold bars are really gonna hurt your gas mileage--I know you know this!:lol:

The Mass Turnpike is a tough place to be on a scooter!!! Bet you'll be on the back roads.:lol:

Stay safe, Lambo. Don't wanna read about you on the news.i am going to have my wife drive me, she wants to come too!

Dave Schwartz
08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Jim Parker and I have arrived in Saratoga.

Anyone who would be interested in making plans after the races should send me a message with their cell number and I'll call you. (Cell service is a little sparse at the motel but I'll certainly call when we are out & about.)

A big "thank you" to CJ's Dad for the lead on this absolutely great place in Lake Luzerne. It is a real sleeper!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

offtrack
08-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I was up in Warrensburg yesterday morning. Love the town and the river.

No cell, smoke signals.

Relwob Owner
08-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Dammit, you made me spit out my coffee !!!!!

I had the same reaction....fortunately, no coffee in hand!

Bubbles
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Was fortunate enough to run into sam i am in the grandstand today (he had seats maybe 50 feet away from the Saratoga Special's box). Hopefully he did better than me; I was live to three big Grand Slam payoffs in the eighth, unfortunately, none involving the eventual winner.

Zippy Chippy
08-13-2011, 09:24 AM
hey guys . I just woke up and on a whim got my car and I'm heading down to saratoga today can someone pm me their cell phone number that is already there .. I have a few questions but it's probably not safe to drive and post in the forum

Grits
08-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Hope to try and see you guys today. I'll come by the tent. Except for one afternoon in a clubhouse seat, I've been in my usual spot in the backyard all week along the walking path, near the other Union Ave entrance where I can see the horses more closely. Too, if hungry--the brats vendor and the new Heineken vendor (not much on beer; Crown and water's in the tote)--and the SAMS are all close by. BUT, THE LOBSTER ROLL VENDOR UNDER THE GRANDSTAND IS THE BEST!!! Anyway, this is my spot of many years, shared with some more longtime NY guys, who are 'capping friends. . . . . Good luck to everyone today.:)

Zippy Chippy
08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
thanks for the information al. driving through the berkshires now . couldn't ask for a more beautiful day

Tom
08-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Weather for the week looks like rain everyday except Wed-Thurs.
Glad I didn't plan for my usual Sun-Mon! At least I 'll get one fast track day, hopefully two.

jeebus1083
08-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Had a great day meeting some of the PA crew (Dave Schwartz, Jim Parker, offtrack, Zippy, et.al.) and sharing a NewPace triple that missed IRS territory by a few bucks. Definitely a great day to be at Saratoga... :)

JustRalph
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
A big "thank you" to CJ's Dad for the lead on this absolutely great place in Lake Luzerne. It is a real sleeper!

Dave, scope it out for me. Should I bring a fishing rod?

fiveouttasix
08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
My folks live in Luzerne...I always bring my tackle box and rod when I visit..great bass fishing!

sonnyp
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
50 years ago, i went to a summer camp for the diocese of albany right on lake luzerne. it was named after the mohawk indian girl kateri tekakwitha. beautiful lake and great fishing back then.

JustRalph
08-13-2011, 08:58 PM
My folks live in Luzerne...I always bring my tackle box and rod when I visit..great bass fishing!

Sold!!

andicap
08-13-2011, 11:31 PM
I didn't think I'd make it this year -- but I hated to pass up a chance to see Dave Schwartz so unless something unforeseen happens I'll be driving up there for the day on Sunday the 14th. Hope I'll see a few of u at the tent

Ocala Mike
08-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Was just up there for a couple of days, and was sitting in the circle of seats around a tv bay in the grandstand near the lobster roll vendor. Balked at paying $10 for one of those, but got taken by a $3.50 lemonade nearby. Sorry I didn't meet up with anyone from PA.

Ocala Mike

Grits
08-14-2011, 08:28 PM
The lobster rolls are worth every penny of their $10. price. All lobster meat, nothing added but maybe a bit of mayo to hold it together. They're delicious!

OTM Al
08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
The lobster rolls are worth every penny of their $10. price. All lobster meat, nothing added but maybe a bit of mayo to hold it together. They're delicious!

Second that

Track Collector
08-14-2011, 10:11 PM
OTM Al,

Perhaps it was your intention to do so, but if not, can you post in this thread the currently expected PA Toga party visitors for each day this upcoming week. Even though you requested folks to advise you by this thread, some may have advised you via another means. Seeing such a list will greatly help a first-time attendee like myself, and, it may prompt previous posters whose plans have change to give you there update(s).

I hope that is not too much extra work. :)

pktruckdriver
08-15-2011, 09:51 AM
If it matters to anyone I will here for each and everyday, meeting and greeting all who I can find, and giving out my wonderful picks of the day.

Last night me and Offtrack went to , Clliff's Country Inn, a steakhouse on the south side of Lake Saratoga, awesome food and you will not go away hungry, I promise, and then we went to the sales paviliion and saw a Big Brown go for over 125,00.00 and and Giant's Causeway also go over 120,000.00, but most went around 20-45k , very nice place and well thought out design.

You can buy a million dollar horse, but also have a great 6.00 breakfast too, what a place.

Today rain and more rain, yet not as much as the city got, 7-10 inches in area's , thank goodness we did get that, and that it held off for the entire day, what a blessing.

Remember look for the big old grey haired guy that is huffing and puffing, with a little weeble in his wobble, and that may be me, or I may be the one in the golf cart, getting a ride over from the barn area, my favorite parking area.

Well Al's Blog is awesome as always, and he needs to be thanked for getting the tables and setting things up, thanks AL, next Lobster Roll on me guy, just say when,

Have a great time and do not let the rain discourage you today, a bummer about the shirt GRITS, it seems they had too many Extra Large's, but the after 7 th race thing is normal thou, but still...

patrick

wisconsin
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Will stop by the tent for a race Sunday the 21st.......just to say hello. Will be with family, so can't hang around too long.

Ocala Mike
08-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Last night me and Offtrack went to , Clliff's Country Inn, a steakhouse on the south side of Lake Saratoga, awesome food and you will not go away hungry

I second that. I was there with my pal last Tues. nite. I ordered the smallest prime rib they had (perfection), and still couldn't finish it.

Ocala Mike

Ted Craven
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Well, I'll be there from Thursday to Sunday, driving down with my Mum. On Friday - Sunday, looks like maybe a couple dozen of us from PaceandCap.com will be there (with some extra tables for those days). RichieP says he'll be there Sunday, lsosa54 from Saturday. And methinks our old friend 46zilzal will be somewhere on track at least, next Saturday ...

Patrick, OTM Al, ticdoc, Dave S, everyone else - will be good to see you all again (or face to face for the first time).

A bunch of us will be working with RDSS 2.0 (and some with the new NewPace module within RDSS - Dave, be sure to take a look).

cheers,

Ted

GatetoWire
08-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Al:

I am driving up early on Thursday morning and will be on track Thurs, Friday and Sat for sure.
I will swing by the tables when I arrive. Not a big deal if there isn't room. There are a ton of places to hang.
See you Thursday.

Mike

joeyp
08-16-2011, 01:14 PM
i'll be there wednesday the 17th gonna try the uk tent around 9am and play a few there and then will check out your tent and meet a few folks if there is room for me and a friend

OTM Al
08-16-2011, 03:21 PM
i'll be there wednesday the 17th gonna try the uk tent around 9am and play a few there and then will check out your tent and meet a few folks if there is room for me and a friend

We have 2 tables for Wednesday so we very well might have room. Remember, that day and that day only we are at Big Red Spring tent

Track Collector
08-16-2011, 10:50 PM
OTM Al, Please save a spot for me and my laptop.

I'm leaving Maryland Wednesday morning in the early a.m. and hope to arrive around noon.

Thanks!

JustRalph
08-16-2011, 10:56 PM
A little tip. Those fold up golf chairs.........come in handy

BombsAway Bob
08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
A little tip. Those fold up golf chairs.........come in handy
Karen & i have those cool chair-in-a-bags with the optional roof!
we've sat on top row of stairs at 1/8th pole, directly in front of
the two infield TV screens the past 2 years. Sun out, roof up!
stocked cooler between the two chairs, SAM machine 20' away!
Life is good. We get there around 11AM, park ontrack lot for $10.

Tom
08-17-2011, 07:48 AM
I've got one of those What-a-Chairs - much more comfortable than the picnic table. No roof, but I got a hat!;)

offtrack
08-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Free drinks from the Big Red Spring today at the PA tables.

Races 1,8,10 are off the turf so far.

SilverSow
08-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi all...

Will be there Friday with my brother-in-law & Bubbles & I will be doing the racino bit with the group Friday night... we'll also be up Saturday & Sunday - will bring beer...

Dave

PaceAdvantage
08-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Tomorrow is free food day...will be having food and soda delivered around 1pm from the same place as the last two years...hope you guys and gals are hungry!!

lamboguy
08-19-2011, 06:28 PM
i was planning on being there tomorrow, but i skidded on a railroad track this morning and i am pretty stiff, but ok i don't think i broke anything, thank god for helmets!

we have a horse in tomorrow that has a big shot in the 3rd race, CALICO MOUNTAIN. i have no idea why the rider took the other horse in the race. we had the horse ready from florida, he should be pretty tough in that bottom ny bred maiden race. i had bet him the last time and he just wasn't good enough to get by the horse that finished second. he should get the lead tomorrow.

cj
08-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Tomorrow is free food day...will be having food and soda delivered around 1pm from the same place as the last two years...hope you guys and gals are hungry!!

Now I know why I didn't come...what happened to the beer?

SilverSow
08-20-2011, 01:00 AM

I brought beer today... will bring more tomorrow... :)

Dave

JustRalph
08-21-2011, 01:15 AM

I had plenty in my community cooler the last few days........ it went well.........

lamboguy
08-21-2011, 09:58 AM
i was planning on being there tomorrow, but i skidded on a railroad track this morning and i am pretty stiff, but ok i don't think i broke anything, thank god for helmets!

we have a horse in tomorrow that has a big shot in the 3rd race, CALICO MOUNTAIN. i have no idea why the rider took the other horse in the race. we had the horse ready from florida, he should be pretty tough in that bottom ny bred maiden race. i had bet him the last time and he just wasn't good enough to get by the horse that finished second. he should get the lead tomorrow.
he got beat to the lead by the eventual winner and finsihed a poor 4th. my poor record at the spa continues

Tom
08-21-2011, 11:10 AM
lambo, sorry I missed you this year.
I enjoyed our chat last year.