PDA

View Full Version : "I don't feel safe with you standing behind me"

TJDave
06-27-2011, 01:09 PM
http://dailybail.com/home/police-state-usa-woman-arrested-for-filming-cops-from-her-fr.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyBail+%28The+Daily+Bai l%29

Poor babies. :rolleyes:

bigmack
06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
That's about the fifth time I've seen an altercation like that where cops arrest someone for shooting video from their own property.

I don't what kind of training these cops get but if they think everyone must do what they say or risk being arrested, they're sadly mistaken.

DJofSD
06-27-2011, 01:59 PM
This was discussed over the weekend on Coast to Coast.

As usual, there are two sides to every story. And while the woman appears to have a legit gripe, I would not immediately jump to any conclusions such as the cops were on the wrong side of the issue.

Tom
06-27-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?go=4

More to this story.....

bigmack
06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?go=4

More to this story.....
T - You've got to be kidding me with this line: This entire series of events is a made-for-the-web stunt cooked up by no-goodniks with too much time on their hands. This entire matter is based not in police misconduct, but in bigotry and prejudice against the police.

Someone is on their own property. End of story.

Tom
06-27-2011, 02:21 PM
How many of your co-workers have been shot in the last couple of years?
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/two_police_officers_shot_in_ro.html

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Rochester-Police-Officer-Shot/ONo2MRBEVkaipNPC3EmrqA.cspx

TJDave
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
More to this story.....

So what?

Loony...probably. But she has the right. And if it makes the policeman's job more difficult then, tough tata's.

DJofSD
06-27-2011, 02:29 PM
T - You've got to be kidding me with this line: This entire series of events is a made-for-the-web stunt cooked up by no-goodniks with too much time on their hands. This entire matter is based not in police misconduct, but in bigotry and prejudice against the police.

Someone is on their own property. End of story.

Ignoring some pertinent facts of the current situation, what if the cops had a person under arrest and he was not cooperating. Let's say he tried to escape by running into the womens front yard, was tackled by the cops and was in the process of being cuffed, frisked, etc. The women inserts herself into the situation by videoing it on her property. What then? Do the cops have a legit reason to order the citizen back into her own home?

TJDave
06-27-2011, 02:34 PM
How many of your co-workers have been shot in the last couple of years?

Law enforcement is a dangerous job.

Of course, it could be less dangerous if the police got to suspend the constitution. :rolleyes:

bigmack
06-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Ignoring some pertinent facts of the current situation, what if the cops had a person under arrest and he was not cooperating. Let's say he tried to escape by running into the womens front yard, was tackled by the cops and was in the process of being cuffed, frisked, etc. The women inserts herself into the situation by videoing it on her property. What then? Do the cops have a legit reason to order the citizen back into her own home?
I don't get why the cop couldn't just ignore the woman shooting the video. From all the videos I've seen it looks more like cop ego run amok rather than the safety of the situation.

"Do as you're told or else" may work around the house for a cop and his wife/family but not out here in the real world.

Dave Schwartz
06-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Loony...probably. But she has the right. And if it makes the policeman's job more difficult then, tough tata's.

Gotta agree with TJD on this one.

Absolutely.

Can a person's rights be legally usurped? Sure, but only with valid cause.

IMHO, "I don't want to be photographed" is not a valid reason any more than "because I said so," is.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

toetoe
06-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Of course, it could be less dangerous if the police got to suspend the constitution. :rolleyes:

Let 'em earn that power legitimately ... by winning the Presidency. :D

toetoe
06-27-2011, 05:15 PM
"Do as you're told or else" may work around the house for a cop and his wife/family but not out here in the real world.

Uncle Mack ? Um ... what's it like in the real world ?

Tom
06-27-2011, 07:06 PM
So next time you guys get mugged, call an activist photographer. Leave the cops out of it.

bigmack
06-27-2011, 08:11 PM
So next time you guys get mugged, call an activist photographer. Leave the cops out of it.
Oh come now. Some woman is out in her front yard with a camera and you think the cops are justified to arrest her? :bang:

DJofSD
06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Oh come now. Some woman is out in her front yard with a camera and you think the cops are justified to arrest her? :bang:
At what point does the actions of the civilan become a distraction?