PDA

View Full Version : ATR problems today

Jack Burkholder
11-08-2003, 10:59 PM
I am a co-developer of ATR, a toteboard program that many users of this board use and swear by and not at. Today there were some problems using ATR that seemed to be caused by the Racing Channel. ATR is back working now. We hope that it will stay that way. The racing channel's toteboard is "free" and therefore interfacing with ATR is not costing them neither revenue or massive amounts of bandwidth. However, we all know that the suits that control racing content have no understanding of customer service or what the serious player needs to be successful. The racing channels actions could be related to offshore services that hijack the toteboard and use it as their own and do cause problems. All ATR users may unfortunately be lumped in with that element. A workaround is being considered, as well as we will be contacting the powers at the Racing Channel to remedy the situation. Hopefully, the problem will not manifest itself again. Thanks for your understanding.
Incidentally, I was at Saratoga and met many of you including Suff and PaceAdvantage. I am a good friend of Dave Schwartz and a very satisfied client of HSH. I am sorry that my first post must be negative, but we are participants in an industry that just never gets it and probably never will!
Jack Burkholder

JustRalph
11-09-2003, 12:00 AM
I had problems at Winticket today. The tote would just stop working and I would have to log out and then back in for it to work. FYI

BillW
11-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Jack,

Welcome to the site. Hope you are doing well. I enjoyed meeting you up at SAR.

What was the problem with the tote? Did they change URL's on you?

I've been thinking about interfacing my SW to them for tote update hence my curiosity.

Bill

Tom
11-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Hello Jack, and welcome.