PDA

View Full Version : Arlington 11th

comet52
06-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Do you agree with the dq of the 5 in this race? I thought dq's were about aiding horses that might have actually held a higher placing if the offense didn't happen. Some ticky tack bump on the turn is used as an excuse to dq a horse that blew the field away once he shook loose. It seems like a screwjob to me. Feels like one too since I had the 5 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stillriledup
06-25-2011, 07:44 PM
This is why California is above most jurisdictions, they leave the results alone if it doesnt affect a placing.

Valuist
06-25-2011, 10:30 PM
This DQ cost me the exacta. When I saw it live I didn't see any problem. While there didn't appear to be any "huge" violation, when she came in on the far turn it caused a chain reaction where several horses were affected. If only the first horse that was bothered steadied and nobody else loses momentum, they leave the 5 up. Still it could've gone either way. And when the numbers were flashing for 10 minutes it was just a matter of how far down they'd take the 5.

therussmeister
06-25-2011, 10:41 PM
I agree with the DQ, and the only reason I can think that anyone wouldn't agree is because they are looking at the slight bump coming out of the turn, not the incident heading into the turn where the 5 came in and caused three horses (1, 2, 7) to take up sharply. video replay (http://www.arlingtonpark.com/racing-wagering/toteboard/live/11)

wisconsin
06-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry, no brainer. The 1-7-2 ran up to get 3rd, 4th, and 5th. All three were checked hard into the turn.