PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine, they don't mess around.

Stillriledup
06-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Half the horses are loaded and the board says 1 minute to post. Most other tracks don't run exactly 0 MTP, but woodbine does.

Just be alert if you're betting this place, they start loading 1 MTP and don't mess around.

HoofedInTheChest
06-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Usually there a couple of minutes behind, when it says 0 minutes to post you still have some time, it might be your ADW is off.

skipaway100
06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Usually there a couple of minutes behind, when it says 0 minutes to post you still have some time, it might be your ADW is off.

Does the live toteboard at the track read something different?? I agree with OP. I've been locked out of many wagers there.

HoofedInTheChest
06-25-2011, 08:13 PM
That's unusual, i use HPI in Canada to bet with which is run by Woodbine, and when it hits 0 minutes to post the horses are not even close to being loaded yet. I do notice when they televise the races on tv and i have the online feed on as well, the online feed is maybe 7 to 10 seconds behind the tv feed. You would think that everything would be in sync seeing that most people wait to the last possible second to bet. Maybe the American ADW's have a delay of some sorts but that wouldn't make any sense, they would be losing income by people missing bets.

Stillriledup
06-25-2011, 08:38 PM
That's unusual, i use HPI in Canada to bet with which is run by Woodbine, and when it hits 0 minutes to post the horses are not even close to being loaded yet. I do notice when they televise the races on tv and i have the online feed on as well, the online feed is maybe 7 to 10 seconds behind the tv feed. You would think that everything would be in sync seeing that most people wait to the last possible second to bet. Maybe the American ADW's have a delay of some sorts but that wouldn't make any sense, they would be losing income by people missing bets.

The live video feed from the track says 1 MTP when the horses are starting to load. I have been shut out on wagers there, but now i'm alert to the quickness of their trigger finger.

HoofedInTheChest
06-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I shoot the sh*t with one of the analysts there from time to time, and i keep meaning to ask why the audio feeds are so flaky, i will bring up your problem when i talk to him next time. This can't be good for business.

mannyberrios
06-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Woodbine is cool!

cj
06-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Apparently, this doesn't apply to the biggest race of the year at Woodbine.

Tom
06-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Waiting for the announcer to "step it up" a bit.

Valuist
06-26-2011, 06:35 PM
They seem to take forever to make races official. Maybe the "speed up" is trying to compensate for that.

Stillriledup
06-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Youarecorrectsir. Its the first time i've seen them delay a race up there. All the other races they're ramming and crammingthem in the gate at 1 MTP.

HoofedInTheChest
06-26-2011, 08:45 PM

lol
I think it had something to do with the tv coverage, i watched the tote board when it hit 0 minutes to post and the win pool grew 200 grand by the time they went off. So either it was the tv coverage or they were trying to collect as much dough as they could. The rest of the races were humming along as per this thread, alot of people missed their bets, they were complaining about this very topic at the track.

Stillriledup
06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know why there was a super at WDB today that paid 130k for a buck when the pool was 70 thousand?

I thought this place didnt offer 10 cent supers?

HuggingTheRail
06-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Does anyone know why there was a super at WDB today that paid 130k for a buck when the pool was 70 thousand?

I thought this place didnt offer 10 cent supers?

$0.20 Supers in Canada, if we play on track or through HPI. We can only do this on Canadian tracks that offer supers, and we cannot get in on the $0.10 Supers in the US, our min for those is a buck

Stillriledup
06-26-2011, 11:48 PM
$0.20 Supers in Canada, if we play on track or through HPI. We can only do this on Canadian tracks that offer supers, and we cannot get in on the $0.10 Supers in the US, our min for those is a buck

Thanks